Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby and my Man Utd hypothesis. 14:13 - Jan 23 with 1386 viewsowderrammy

As we all know Manchester United are not experiencing good times and the glory chasing supporters in Derby are either not wearing the shirt or walking around with glum faces.

Now to my hypothetical question:- If they lose more matches and Moyes gets the big heave, who will replace him? Will they go for a foreigner or take the Tottenham Hotspur route with an interim manager signed on a short contract. If they go for the latter the prime candidate would surely be Steve Mac wouldn't it.....discuss.
Derby and my Man Utd hypothesis. on 00:32 - Jan 24 with 1359 viewsdavram

True, Steve Mac is a known quantity to the club & much respected there - at least to the previous regime.

But would a club the size of Man Utd consider a quick fix? Would Steve Mac desert the job he's just started for another crack at a really big job or just to be seen as a stop-gap?

He'll see Moyes under the microscope now & also remember his own traumatic trashing as England manager. At Derby he's a big fish in a sensible-sized pond, and has a good deal of influence & freedom to run things how he wants to.

Man Ure are now back in the real world of most other teams - with inconsistent players, more neutral/less biased referees, no longer intimidated by the Fergie Factor, which obviously also applies to their Prem rivals, even the relegation candidates.

Compare how Man City put West Ham down to Utd's shambolic exit in the League Cup! Both were playing strugglers.

Like Liverpool 20 years ago, their crown has slipped, and a sort of "new" order of City/Chelski/Arsenal are now looked upon by other teams & media as the ones to laud & fear.

They're just scrabbling with a few others to get into Europe. The prawn sandwich brigade & glory seekers are unhappy.

Mac is staying at Derby & roll on Rams back at Old Trafford ere long!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024