Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley: A forgettable trip. 12:40 - Mar 3 with 1081 viewsowderrammy

I had a strange feeling about Madley and his refereeing after about 15 minutes of the first half. In a very competitive game the ref was whistling us up at any and every occasion yet Burnley, hardly a peep. To use an old conservative expression, "their was something of the night" about his handling of the game. Suddenly his arms were flying about at every whistle against Derby as he gestured three earlier fouls to every player and you knew he meant to give us yellow. They duly arrived, but worse was to follow. His red card was deliberate and measured as he denied us an equaliser on half time. Yes Burnley were the better side in the first half but that does not mean the other team cannot score.
Back in Derby that night I watched the incident on tv as the ref delivered the red and noticed the rage in his face. Yes he was upset and this was personal as his unbalanced whistling attested. Burnley no more than 5 whistles in 45 minutes? Don't know about you guys but this is a first for me. I also noticed about 6 or 7 minutes from the end of the game when the result was no longer an issue he suddenly started to whistle and book the home team. Obviously when the league looked at his stats the difference had to be less stark.
So what was the reason. Well in my view I have noticed that we are the only crowd who start slanging the ref from the start, often without provocation. Maybe this man had a sheltered childhood and took offence at being called a barsteward. So what about changing the focus of your chanting guys it might be a game changer, as in my view it certainly was on Saturday. Mind, at the end of the game when our crowd chanted 2-0 TO THE REFEREE I certainly had to agree.

Got to go now and clean out my Kitchen. In my cutlery draw there are a load of bent spoons, bent knives and bent forks made in the far east and they all need clearing out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024