Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre-match beer 13:55 - Aug 11 with 6969 viewsBlackCrowe

Name your pub for the upcoming season.

Me?

C&S at weekends and Princess Vic for night games.

That said the C&S was almost too packed when we were last in the premier league

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Pre-match beer on 13:54 - Aug 12 with 1927 viewsBklynRanger

Pre-match beer on 10:55 - Aug 12 by robith

It's not just the bush though, pubs are closing at a rate of knots the whole country over - people go out less and a decade of supermarkets using booze as a loss leader to blame

Just as I read that a story came on saying 31 pubs are closing every week, according to CAMRA.

Based on developers having a lot of leeway to change their commercial use without needing planning permission.

We'll all be on the hippy crack any day now.
Pre-match beer on 14:22 - Aug 12 with 1892 viewsbishom

Shepherd & Flock is worth a shout. Some cracking Polish barmaids who not only are easy on the eye but serve beer very efficiently. Get served in a glass and can still stand or sit outside on a nice day whilst having a beer on match day.
I usually start here early then head for the Crown & Sceptre then finish in The Conningham or British Queen.
For early KO The Adelaide is my first port of call as it's usually open at 10.00.

Bishom

Pre-match beer on 14:53 - Aug 12 with 1871 viewsloftboy

Springbok for me, I let my eldest take the other two down to the players carpark to get photos/autographs meaning I get left in peace plus don't have to pay a small fortune for soft drinks.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Pre-match beer on 14:54 - Aug 12 with 1870 viewsNathanNI

Brewdog por moi.
Pre-match beer on 16:43 - Aug 12 with 1814 viewsRBlock

Pre-match beer on 14:54 - Aug 12 by NathanNI

Brewdog por moi.

Love the beer in there but I find it lacks atmosphere. (This is in general, not been on a match day). Decent bar but couldn't spend a whole night in there. The Sindercombe Social where O'Neills used to be is an odd one. Trying to be very trendy, once again a nice range of beers and decent American food but it all just seems a bit phoned in to me. What you get with a Mitchell and Butler boozer though isn't it.
Pre-match beer on 16:56 - Aug 12 with 1793 viewsRed_Ranger

Princess Vic - except the very very hot spanish girl has left!
Pre-match beer on 17:40 - Aug 12 with 1755 viewsHunterhoop

Shepherd and Flock has been my pre-game haunt for a number of years. Excellent little pub. The landlord goes and gets KFC or Favourites Chicken after the game and gives out to the patrons for free. And there's the aforementioned polish barmaids, although the standard has dropped in the last 12 months. I'm hoping for a return to Premier League standard this season.

Occasionally venture to the White Horse or do a quick pre-game crawl.

After ShepFlo again or C&S, which I really like, it's just a bit out of the way.
Pre-match beer on 17:43 - Aug 12 with 1750 viewsYorkRanger

As an irregular visitor we always head to O'Neills. Burger and chips very good and cheap and Guinness as good as anywhere. Supposed to be the away fans pub but always a good mix when we have been in and never seen a spot of bother. The early kick off always on as well.
Login to get fewer ads

Pre-match beer on 02:41 - Aug 14 with 1660 viewsRBlock

Pre-match beer on 17:43 - Aug 12 by YorkRanger

As an irregular visitor we always head to O'Neills. Burger and chips very good and cheap and Guinness as good as anywhere. Supposed to be the away fans pub but always a good mix when we have been in and never seen a spot of bother. The early kick off always on as well.

O'Neills has closed mate. It is now 'The Sindercombe Social'. Nice craft beer, neon lights, american food. Still very Mitchell and Butler, all a bit phoned in, but not bad for a night out. Wouldn't do it on a football day though.
Pre-match beer on 07:13 - Aug 14 with 1633 viewsPlumsteadQPR

BrewDog and Defectors for me.

I used to be a big fan of the Shep & Flock (and a lot of my usual match day crew drink there still) but the last few times I've been in it's smelled like a homeless shelter. It takes more than a couple of skinny Slavic teens behind the bar to counterbalance that!
Pre-match beer on 07:45 - Aug 14 with 1615 viewsYorkRanger

Pre-match beer on 02:41 - Aug 14 by RBlock

O'Neills has closed mate. It is now 'The Sindercombe Social'. Nice craft beer, neon lights, american food. Still very Mitchell and Butler, all a bit phoned in, but not bad for a night out. Wouldn't do it on a football day though.

Cheers this now becomes a useful thread
Pre-match beer on 08:16 - Aug 14 with 1599 viewsessextaxiboy

Few people not posting for fear of overcrowding issues
Pre-match beer on 09:04 - Aug 14 with 1565 viewsbabygravy

Usually Defectors or White Horse if Senior Gravy comes up (not so often now as his bones aren't as young as they used to be!)
Pre-match beer on 09:17 - Aug 14 with 1548 viewsLblock

I notice not one person has owned up to drinking in The Conningham - with good reason I suspect.
We used to drink in there all the time until the smell and khazi got too bad plus then the whole provo issue came into play.

Anyone know if The British Queen is still shut? Cant imagine anyone would've been mad enough to take over that lease with the brewery looking for £40k a month rent before you've bought a drop of liquor. Whilst not a place I used to frequent unless there's a live Sky game on that took my fancy, it's a shame to see it go. It'll also put space pressure on the rest of the boozers in the area.

When will planners wake up? Cramming all these people into London and giving them nowhere to go will create huge pressure cookers.
Surely there's only so many Somali Community Cafe's and apartment blocks you can allow in one small area???

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Pre-match beer on 09:25 - Aug 14 with 1539 viewsHunterhoop

Pre-match beer on 07:13 - Aug 14 by PlumsteadQPR

BrewDog and Defectors for me.

I used to be a big fan of the Shep & Flock (and a lot of my usual match day crew drink there still) but the last few times I've been in it's smelled like a homeless shelter. It takes more than a couple of skinny Slavic teens behind the bar to counterbalance that!

Not noticed that myself, but will see what it's like this season. The landlord is a decent bloke though, the service is bloody quick, even when rammed, and they have two screens showing sky sports. Ideally it would have hand pumped ale and would be twice the size, but for a football boozer I think it does a decent job.

Oh, and it also has Will Hill next door for the occasional pre-match hopeless Acca.
Pre-match beer on 10:31 - Aug 14 with 1398 viewsqprxtc

Pre-match beer on 09:17 - Aug 14 by Lblock

I notice not one person has owned up to drinking in The Conningham - with good reason I suspect.
We used to drink in there all the time until the smell and khazi got too bad plus then the whole provo issue came into play.

Anyone know if The British Queen is still shut? Cant imagine anyone would've been mad enough to take over that lease with the brewery looking for £40k a month rent before you've bought a drop of liquor. Whilst not a place I used to frequent unless there's a live Sky game on that took my fancy, it's a shame to see it go. It'll also put space pressure on the rest of the boozers in the area.

When will planners wake up? Cramming all these people into London and giving them nowhere to go will create huge pressure cookers.
Surely there's only so many Somali Community Cafe's and apartment blocks you can allow in one small area???

I was in the British Queen two weeks ago on a Friday night. It was just about open. There was only me and 3 other people in there. The Coningham had a very loud disco going on so didn’t bother going in there and stuck ‘Pictures of Matchstick Men’ on the BQ jukebox instead.
Pre-match beer on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 1367 viewskysersosaqpr

Pre-match beer on 16:56 - Aug 12 by Red_Ranger

Princess Vic - except the very very hot spanish girl has left!

Nnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Pre-match beer on 13:25 - Aug 14 with 1304 viewsRickyDicky

Pre-match beer on 09:25 - Aug 14 by Hunterhoop

Not noticed that myself, but will see what it's like this season. The landlord is a decent bloke though, the service is bloody quick, even when rammed, and they have two screens showing sky sports. Ideally it would have hand pumped ale and would be twice the size, but for a football boozer I think it does a decent job.

Oh, and it also has Will Hill next door for the occasional pre-match hopeless Acca.

re: Brewdog - is that right, it doesn't have hand pulled ale ?

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Pre-match beer on 15:35 - Aug 14 with 1255 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I use the Richmond or Belushi's. I hate waiting to be served when thirsty.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pre-match beer on 16:40 - Aug 14 with 1206 viewshanover_ranger

Saturday work hours extended pre match beer ritual in Conningham under threat its a mad dash to the ground for me now
Pre-match beer on 18:11 - Aug 14 with 1162 viewsHunterhoop

Pre-match beer on 13:25 - Aug 14 by RickyDicky

re: Brewdog - is that right, it doesn't have hand pulled ale ?

Was referring to the comments on the Shepherd and Flock, Ricky, not the Brewdog pub.

Find it a bit pretentious in there with trendy types all pretending they a) love craft beer and b) always have done in spite of never drinking ale.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024