Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defensive duffers hit the buffers. 11:43 - Mar 4 with 3885 viewsowderrammy

When I went to Rotherham and watched our abject defending for the home sides 3 goals I thought oh well, every team is allowed one poor game, but onwards and upwards. What I did not contemplate was this was the start of our slide downhill to becoming probably the worst defence in the division and I don't just mean the back 4 but also Granty and Mascarella.
Carry on playing like this and we can forget winning the championship and just hope we scrape into the play offs.
Albentosa, Warnock, and hopefully Eustace might get a game against Birmingham, let's face it they could not do any worse.
Defensive duffers hit the buffers. on 12:29 - Mar 6 with 3843 viewsjiggyjag

The problem is when we had Eustace and recently Thorne we look a far better defensive unit, Mascarella simply isnt good enough he has given away far too many goals from poor back passes or losing possession cheaply in key arreas.

We all know being flamboyant in the championship doesn't win games, hard work does.

I hope when we get our key players back we aren't too far adrift should our recent form continue
Defensive duffers hit the buffers. on 20:27 - Mar 7 with 3820 viewsowderrammy

Once again we have been found wanting in defence, this time against Birmingham. I have only 2 points to make:-
If we had kept the original team on the field instead of weakening the team with 3 poor subs we would have won. Second, if we could have had Jack Butland for the season we would have won the Championship convincingly.
Defensive duffers hit the buffers. on 14:53 - Mar 21 with 3713 viewsowderrammy

As the Wolves game showed we probably have the worst defence in the Championship and only Mac's loyalty must be keeping Grant in the first team because he has totally lost it. Remember the Birmingham equaliser when the ball was booted slowly back across goal and lollipopped in, where was Grant then, oh yes rooted on the goal line in the centre of goal as usual, as for our full backs, don't get me started and how can Christie keep out Shotton, OK he has deficiencies but surely his long throw-in makes him worth his place. As for the last 7 games I don't expect us to get more than 12 points so keep your fingers crossed folks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024