Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January deals 00:21 - Dec 23 with 6695 viewswarrenfox4

Put yourself in JFH boots.
You have a bit of a war chests to bring new blood in ..but ........you need to sell too!!!!!!

Like for like or not.

Who would you bring in....who would you sell/loan
January deals on 12:00 - Dec 23 with 1684 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't Fer fail a medical - surely he's not going anywhere?
January deals on 12:11 - Dec 23 with 1673 viewsCiderwithRsie

Like everyone else here I'd like to see the back of Traore and Caulker but not sure we'll manage it - can't imagine too many clubs are looking at those two as the answer to their prayers. Oh, and Daikite too now I think of it. Sandro has his good points - especially when the alternatives are Henry, Toszer and lovely-but-fragile Faurlin - but I don't see that his wages to minutes-on-the-pitch ratio is affordable. If Toszer had lived up to his Watford record then it'd be a no-brainer; still might be if we decide to gamble on Doughty, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to do.

Green possibly - I can imagine someone buying him - but we'd then need to buy a keeper at least as cover and quite possibly as first choice. Wouldn't mind getting McCarthy back.

Phillips, Chery, Fer, Hoilett, Luongo, Mackie and Petrasso seems to me a hell of a lot attacking midfielders/wingers, especially if JET comes into that pool too. I like all them up to a point - Hoilett would have been in the "get-rid" pile up to a couple of weeks ago, so i think its a tricky one. Seems to me too early for JFH to make a decision on them.

For purchases - except possibly a keeper, and a striker if Charlie goes (I'm assuming he won't since he's said he doesn't want to): I don't want any until we've worked out whether Harriman, Furlong, Doughty, Chery, Luongo, Sutherland, Petrasso, Grego-Cox and Gladwin are viable squad members. If they aren't we need to shed some of them, but I can't see that we are ever going to find out if we keep buying new players.

I'm presuming that FFP means that we can't buy much anyway, unless its matched by an outgoing player on higher wages. And whatever you think of FFP, that is a good thing for this club.
January deals on 12:23 - Dec 23 with 1660 viewsWatford_Ranger

Hoilett is only playing above his dismal true level for a few games because he's realised his £2.5m a year contract is about to end and he's currently worth a start in a League 1 team or as non-special MLS player who earn a pittance. Wherever his next contract is he'll return to his normal level.

As for the other big earners, they don't merit a place in the XI or the squad purely due to their wages. Most aren't contributing much and certainly no more than their younger understudies could. Understudies who will improve and add value to the team in the coming years. Why play Fer over Luongo rather than giving Luongo games which will make him a better footballer for QPR next season and beyond?
January deals on 12:36 - Dec 23 with 1647 viewsdaveB

I'd expect more out than in. I think Doughty will be off and reckon one of the struggers in the Prem will panic buy Sandro and possibly Caulker. Bids should come in for Austin but he seems to have his sights on keeping his options open unless one of the big clubs make a move.

Only players I can see coming in are on loan and all will depend on how close we are to the playoffs. I'd right it off and build for next season but tired that for a fortnight earlier in the season before that plan was scrapped
January deals on 13:24 - Dec 23 with 1598 viewsLowerloftLad

January deals on 12:00 - Dec 23 by PinnerPaul

Didn't Fer fail a medical - surely he's not going anywhere?

remy failed his medical at Liverpool and ended up at Chelsea maybe fer thought that's how you get a better deal these days
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 13:33]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

January deals on 13:29 - Dec 23 with 1592 viewsheadhoops

just to really pi$$ of Harold how ironic would it be to see all of the following exit:
Green, Caulker, Henry, Fer, Traore, Sandro,Tozzer, Phillips, Diakite, Knochesky and Perch.

Leaving
Smithies
Furlong, Hill, Hall, Angella, Onouha Kewepkia, YSY
Ale, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Mackie, Doughty, JET,
Charlie, Polter, Blackwood, RGC

1 new midfielder and 1 new forward in.
blend the youth in and then add in once FFP is sorted.

just need to find a non league club willing to take armband.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

January deals on 13:30 - Dec 23 with 1592 viewsTacticalR

January deals on 10:43 - Dec 23 by Juzzie

In order to sell you have to have a club that wants to buy. In the last couple of seasons here is a list of the players we have sold;

January 2015 Jordan Mutch
August 2014 Loic Remy
July 2013 Jamie Makie
July 2013 Christopher Samba

With the huge turnover of players we've had in recent years, that's it, four players.

We just don't acquire the type of players that have sell-on potential. Either they are journeymen players looking for a last good contract or the players seem to have any quality sucked out of them the moment the sign for us rendering them unsellable and they end up seeing out their contract.

I'm sure we'll get some players in but apart from a couple, such as Austin & Phillips I just can't see us selling anyone so that'll be more players sitting out a nice contract.

[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 10:50]

That's pretty astounding Juzzie.

Air hostess clique

January deals on 13:44 - Dec 23 with 1560 viewsDorse

January deals on 13:29 - Dec 23 by headhoops

just to really pi$$ of Harold how ironic would it be to see all of the following exit:
Green, Caulker, Henry, Fer, Traore, Sandro,Tozzer, Phillips, Diakite, Knochesky and Perch.

Leaving
Smithies

That sudden pain you're feeling is me tearing your hand off.

I'd have that squad all day long. And we've got Robinson at LB to come back too! You may say I'm a dreamer...

Positives: FFP can FO; pressure on the manager switches from promotion to development; fans behind youngsters; return of the 'Div 2 Blitz Spirit'.

Negatives: TF will undoubtably feel the need to butt in; someone will cause a ruck, claiming that we're going to relegated after we lose a game; still got no hoops on the kit.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

January deals on 14:01 - Dec 23 with 1541 viewsNortholt_Rs

January deals on 09:29 - Dec 23 by Watford_Ranger

If we were to lose Green, Sandro, Fer and Hoilett then in theory that is four experienced first team players but in reality the team gets no worse and we might actually play some of the players who will be here next season.

Get Harriman and Gladwin back and in the squad.

If we're really desperate to cut costs then I'd be more than happy to see the back of Konchesky with Yun or Kpekawa given a run.

And who is going to take those 4 of us then? I don't see any of them going anywhere given the wages they are on at the moment. Like Barton they'll be here til their crazy contracts expire and they then have to accept a massively lower wage elsewhere which reflects their true market value.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

January deals on 14:01 - Dec 23 with 1539 viewsNortholt_Rs

January deals on 10:41 - Dec 23 by Discodroids

I'll blow my stack if those three are allowed to leave. All three would be in my side.

Cancel Traores contract and pay him off, just sling him out with the cat shit you find in the garden.

Id love Hinge and Bracket to leave, sandro and fer but like my ex mother in law, there'll be here for Christmas through till Easter 2017.

A Right Back if JFH does'nt rate furlong/Harriman. Perch is a Dreadful Player.

What about your man Traore DD? One for the future?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

January deals on 14:10 - Dec 23 with 1516 viewsbaz_qpr

Don't really get why everyone is so keen to get rid of Sandro, he's been one of our best players in the last 6 weeks, compliments Faurlin and is in a totally different league to anyone else we have to play there, would love to see Diakete given another chance. Gladwin I was pretty unimpressed with in the first few games we saw him and there are clearly issues given the way he ran back to Swindon. Luongo I'm not quite as enamoured with as others but I think he can take his chance when it comes. Doughty is probably a bit part player.

If we can get cash for Caulker and Fer and I'd probably take the right bid for Phillips too. We have to urgently invest in another Striker and a mobile defensive centre mid to understudy Sandro
January deals on 14:11 - Dec 23 with 1514 viewsPunteR

January deals on 11:54 - Dec 23 by Jamie

Toszer and Henry are ahead of Luongo so it's going to take some injury crisis for him to get any sort of chance.

If we ignore the possibility of Jimbo going back for El Khayati, bringing in another player he's found in Holland or a loan deal, you still have Chery & Gladwin who both play best in the same wide left position where we have Hoilett, Phillips, Mackie & Petrasso available to play.

As for wages, Gladwin is unlikely to be on too high a wage, but he's not going to play so it's still wasted money the club can't afford. Chery & Luongo turned down PL offers to come here so it's a safe bet they are on a nice wedge each.

As Hoos has said already, FFP is a huge noose around the clubs neck and will continue to be for the foreseeable future so we are going to be looking to save money wherever and whenever possible.

When you have the likes of Traore, Green, Fer on big money and that we couldn't give away, savings have to be made in less optimal positions.

Gladwin doesn't play best on the wing,he plays through the middle,basically where Fer is or on top of a diamond.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

January deals on 14:17 - Dec 23 with 1505 viewsWatford_Ranger

January deals on 14:01 - Dec 23 by Northolt_Rs

And who is going to take those 4 of us then? I don't see any of them going anywhere given the wages they are on at the moment. Like Barton they'll be here til their crazy contracts expire and they then have to accept a massively lower wage elsewhere which reflects their true market value.

I don't disagree. I'm just saying that playing names at the expense of potentially very good young players isn't a preferential strategy to trying to build a team of young players while big names sit on the bench.

Is Fer more likely to be bought by some mug club like Sunderland while playing poorly than not playing at all? I doubt it, so might as well put someone there of more use to us in the medium and long term (and probably the short term too).

As for Sandro, yeah he can be great when fit. He's never fit and he's on millions a year. What good is that to us? What's he costing us in wages per appearance? £100k?
January deals on 14:19 - Dec 23 with 1501 viewsheadhoops

January deals on 13:44 - Dec 23 by Dorse

That sudden pain you're feeling is me tearing your hand off.

I'd have that squad all day long. And we've got Robinson at LB to come back too! You may say I'm a dreamer...

Positives: FFP can FO; pressure on the manager switches from promotion to development; fans behind youngsters; return of the 'Div 2 Blitz Spirit'.

Negatives: TF will undoubtably feel the need to butt in; someone will cause a ruck, claiming that we're going to relegated after we lose a game; still got no hoops on the kit.

and the badge is still sh1t!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

January deals on 14:25 - Dec 23 with 1498 viewsderbyhoop

This thread reads like FIFA 2015.
When we failed to sell any of Green, Fee, Sandro, Phillips or Austin we were left way outside FFP rules. If we sell / give away all 5 we'll still be in breach. So expect to accept any reasonable bid for any player and reducing the squad size.

For every 2 out, he.may be allowed to bring 1 in. On loan/ cheap and half the wages of the 2 out.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2015 16:35]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

January deals on 16:15 - Dec 23 with 1337 viewsBklynRanger

There are 3 or 4 players on big wages who we could get rid of without hurting us much:

Caulker
Fer
Hoilett (I just don't see him staying fit or on form, sorry)
Sandro (very good player, 'when' fit)

We could get rid of all of those and bring in a forward and a CM that would complement Ale in the same way that Sandro does 'when' fit.

I suppose Les will try to shift some of those kind of players, we'll loose a couple of surprising ones, and bring in one or two, probably on loan. Or we'll go absolutely Jim White bonkers - could go either way knowing us.
January deals on 16:15 - Dec 23 with 1337 viewsadhoc_qpr

January deals on 13:29 - Dec 23 by headhoops

Leaving
Smithies

Defence is fine, but we'd struggle badly with that midfield!

No natural wingers, no natural holding players, only Faurlin and Mackie proven Championship players...
January deals on 18:51 - Dec 23 with 1239 viewsBenny_the_Ball

January deals on 11:54 - Dec 23 by Jamie

Toszer and Henry are ahead of Luongo so it's going to take some injury crisis for him to get any sort of chance.

If we ignore the possibility of Jimbo going back for El Khayati, bringing in another player he's found in Holland or a loan deal, you still have Chery & Gladwin who both play best in the same wide left position where we have Hoilett, Phillips, Mackie & Petrasso available to play.

As for wages, Gladwin is unlikely to be on too high a wage, but he's not going to play so it's still wasted money the club can't afford. Chery & Luongo turned down PL offers to come here so it's a safe bet they are on a nice wedge each.

As Hoos has said already, FFP is a huge noose around the clubs neck and will continue to be for the foreseeable future so we are going to be looking to save money wherever and whenever possible.

When you have the likes of Traore, Green, Fer on big money and that we couldn't give away, savings have to be made in less optimal positions.

I'd rather get rid of Toszer and Henry before Luongo.
January deals on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 1223 viewsJamie

January deals on 14:11 - Dec 23 by PunteR

Gladwin doesn't play best on the wing,he plays through the middle,basically where Fer is or on top of a diamond.

He played out on the left for Swindon, and played there for us.

If he has designs on playing behind the striker then we are better to sell him back to Swindon as he will never play there for us.
January deals on 19:53 - Dec 23 with 1208 viewsPunteR

January deals on 19:36 - Dec 23 by Jamie

He played out on the left for Swindon, and played there for us.

If he has designs on playing behind the striker then we are better to sell him back to Swindon as he will never play there for us.

Your right he did play on the left but he plays best more central which he has done for Swindon and what he himself says prefers.
He's not a first teamer yet but has bags of potential.
My Swindon season ticket holder mate rates him and that's good enough for me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

January deals on 20:06 - Dec 23 with 1200 viewsJamie

January deals on 18:51 - Dec 23 by Benny_the_Ball

I'd rather get rid of Toszer and Henry before Luongo.

As would I, but Jimbo has been given a remit of playoffs and as Ferdinand has said, theyve decided that the best hope of achieving that is to have Jimbo playing those with experience of this level.

This was put into immediate effect with him dropping Petrasso to play Henry out of position at RM in his words 'for his experience'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024