Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
just asking. 17:20 - Jan 9 with 17499 viewswarrenfox4

What has les done since he has been at the club.
Because it seems to have got worse since he came in.
This is only my view ...but hope someone can tell me he is doing a great job and put my mind at ease.

just asking. on 15:48 - Jan 10 with 2227 viewsDeepcutHoop

just asking. on 14:22 - Jan 10 by nadera78

If Les Ferdinand gets hounded out before the end of the season I'm walking away from the club. I thought the owner was bad enough, with tantrums and outbursts that would shame a teenage girl, but some of the fans make Fernandes look like a respected world statesman. I've had about as much as I'm prepared to put up with tbh.

This, it's beyond a joke now. I used to love talking about QPR with other fans, it was at times the only saving grace of being a QPR fan.

This last season has seen some disgusting and idiotic nonsense, disgraceful behaviour and attitudes to one manager, the ridiculous spite, bile and accusations thrown at a club legend, the beginnings of a campaign against another manager who's been here 5 minutes, not to mention the abuse hurled at some decent hard-working if limited footballers, the type we have been demanding for years, while suffering mercenaries that didn't care. Not one of them has deserved it.

I'm sick of it too.
just asking. on 15:53 - Jan 10 with 2215 viewsNorthernr

This is why I cringe slightly when we talk about Derry or Ainsworth coming back here one day. The club as it is will chew up and spit out just about anybody who comes near it - player, manager, director. We should steer clear of our club legends while we're like this.

I'd adjust the question in the OP to "what exactly is so much worse now than it was before LF?" Thd answer is nothing. We're flatlining. We've scapegoated a dozen players, half a dozen managers, one CEO and now one DOF. Here's another question "what exactly would improve if LF left tomorrow?" Answer, again, is nothing.
just asking. on 17:03 - Jan 10 with 2123 viewsNeil_SI

Ferdinand's role is in the football side. He has to balance the short term with the long term, which isn't easy in a industry that has zero patience or tolerance.

In an ideal scenario, he wouldn't have needed to make anywhere as near as many changes in the short term as he'd done. But it's a necessary evil because of just how bad a state the club has been in and what he has inherited.

Lots of people feel unsettled by the pace of change and we're inevitably feeling some of that now, and for the right reasons. Previously we were unsettled by the pace of change for the wrong reasons under Neil Warnock and Mark Hughes, when we discarded a load of players who worked so hard together to get us back to the Premier League in the first place.

But we did all of that without ever really addressing the foundations of the football club. We had manager's whose interest were in the first team and its results only. We did not have anybody who cared about the bigger picture and the football club as a whole, that's what Ferdinand is here to be and do — because clearly we're not going to find a manager who can.

Warnock's team needed probably two or three first-team additions at the most before it became a real risk that it would upset the balance. Then they needed some decent squad fillers, but there was a lack of forward planning on how to phase players in or out where appropriate.

Ferdinand has reviewed what we need in terms of the youth structure to the recruitment process across the football side with a view to helping us ultimately develop players who can play for our first team. This means a strategy for ensuring the coaching and education those players get is of not only the highest standard they can get to, but a consistent standard that suits a model and style of what we want QPR players to be. We have to prove we can take youngsters and show we can develop players who can make a career in the game, be it with us or not. That's a natural stepping stone.

We still have to balance that out with the first-team and ensure we operate more sensibly within our means. They needed to address so many players being out of contract, and we did great work last summer in offloading players, where in the past, we'd have probably extended too many contracts on money they're not worth. That we've got rid of the likes of Joey Barton and some others, is for me, really important. We released more than I expected us to over the summer and I was very pleased with that, but we didn't get them all out, so invariably there's going to be teething issues until the last of the old insane salary structure is eradicated.

The recruitment process has already improved. Ferdinand has shown he has a good eye for players, because Grant Hall, Massimo Luongo, Tjarron Chery and Ben Gladwin are all obviously good signings with potential. The type of potential we want to see at QPR. It's never going to be plain sailing and go perfectly well with every signing being great, but this is a bright start. He's also proved that he's smart, because re-signing Jamie Mackie was also a symbolic signing to show that we understand when to take players that don't quite fit the long term version but are right for the short term and as part of an important rebuilding period.

This recruitment process has extended to staff. We've been increasing our scouting network and broadening our local searches. If I recall, we've taken on 30+ for these areas, whereas previously this investment was minimal. That again, will take time. It doesn't guarantee we'll reap rewards, but it's the start of a process that didn't exist before.

Along the way with all of this, I suspect Ferdinand has been taking a long hard look at everybody he deals with and is deciding whether he thinks they're bad eggs or not. Perhaps he has systematically been removing people who he thinks are not pulling in the same direction or up to the standard he feels is required to move things forward? Whether he makes that assessment correctly or not is hard to know, so time will tell on those things. But there's been a lot of rubbish coming out of the club for many years in terms of leaks and nonsense appearing in the press. This was one of Ferdinand's priorities to sort out, because he was sick of seeing QPR's name muddied in the press as often as it's been. And, since he's been here, it has improved immeasurably. He's tried to prevent Fernandes from tweeting for example, he's stamped down on bad discipline from players who thought they could do as they please on social media. And he's shown, as with Sebastian Polter's outburst, that there are consequences if you step out of line. Important stuff.

But there are question marks and that's normal. The three decisions he's been involved in that are questionable are JFH's appointment, which to me on paper seems a short term move, and Ramsey's return and the potential exit of Steve Gallen.

They are however his decisions to make. He has the right to make them.

Personally I can't see JFH being here that long — if he doesn't do well he'll get the sack just like the rest, and if he does, he's on a contract that allows him to move onto bigger and better things. So it's a deal that suits all parties for all outcomes and feels like there's less of a commitment. That said, sometimes you need someone to kickstart the process of that rebuild. Maybe they have someone else in mind later down the line. Who knows?

He's got to ensure Ramsey still has the fire in the belly to do the job after the way he's been treated here. Ramsey is highly respected in football circles, so they must feel he can still do a great job for us, but it is a risk and an awkward situation for all involved.

And finally there's the question of Steve Gallen. I respect that Ferdinand is allowing the manager to stamp their authority and surround themselves with staff they want, but it's a risk allowing a QPR stalwart like Gallen to leave, especially when JFH feels like a short term appointment. It might work out, or it might not. Time will tell. The real question is whether they valued that work Gallen did at youth level or not? It's easy to say that no players came through in all these years, but the reality is, Gallen's work with the poor quality he's had to deal with for so long goes unnoticed. That he has helped create players that have a career in the game is a massive testament to his dedication and commitment to those players.

What I am pleased with is that he has overcome both Harry Redknapp and Neil Warnock. I think Ferdinand and Ramsey were a little crafty with how they ousted Redknapp, but that actually shows some sophistication and knowhow themselves. Redknapp is one of the most experienced operators in football, so to win that is a plus for Ferdinand, however naughty. And then we had Warnock's second coming and the same thing was happening and Warnock almost got his way and influence the board. Ferdinand won again, so that shows he's been able to persuade the owners and influence them... and I believe his influence is positive and for the right reasons. For us, for QPR, for QPR first before anything else. I can't say that for many others.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 17:06]
just asking. on 17:06 - Jan 10 with 2109 viewsfrancisbowles

just asking. on 15:53 - Jan 10 by Northernr

This is why I cringe slightly when we talk about Derry or Ainsworth coming back here one day. The club as it is will chew up and spit out just about anybody who comes near it - player, manager, director. We should steer clear of our club legends while we're like this.

I'd adjust the question in the OP to "what exactly is so much worse now than it was before LF?" Thd answer is nothing. We're flatlining. We've scapegoated a dozen players, half a dozen managers, one CEO and now one DOF. Here's another question "what exactly would improve if LF left tomorrow?" Answer, again, is nothing.

He is some way down the track with overhauling the football club. Because of his 'inheritance' it can't be done over night.

Yes first team results have been very disappointing since the close of the summer window but the constant negativity around the place and the comments of the 'owner' has just added to the pressure cooker atmosphere.

Rightly or wrongly we have removed one 'manager/coach' from his position due to impatience with results. We rightly or wrongly have appointed a replacement with a good track record of stepping into well run clubs but little or no experience of the Championship or a basket case club. He must have a lot of confidence in his own ability to have taken it on.

Unless we want to destroy 'the foundations of the new building' and a years work we need to show our patience and support to the manager,Dof and the players that are our future.
just asking. on 17:11 - Jan 10 with 2091 viewsdistortR

just asking. on 17:06 - Jan 10 by francisbowles

He is some way down the track with overhauling the football club. Because of his 'inheritance' it can't be done over night.

Yes first team results have been very disappointing since the close of the summer window but the constant negativity around the place and the comments of the 'owner' has just added to the pressure cooker atmosphere.

Rightly or wrongly we have removed one 'manager/coach' from his position due to impatience with results. We rightly or wrongly have appointed a replacement with a good track record of stepping into well run clubs but little or no experience of the Championship or a basket case club. He must have a lot of confidence in his own ability to have taken it on.

Unless we want to destroy 'the foundations of the new building' and a years work we need to show our patience and support to the manager,Dof and the players that are our future.

We used to bring through some cracking young players. Wasn't it chris wright who sold our training grounds? Such a long period of neglect won't be rectified overnight.
just asking. on 17:31 - Jan 10 with 2092 viewsdaveB

just asking. on 13:59 - Jan 10 by Watford_Ranger

I'm not saying the bloke is a bad choice for the role as I don't know what he brings to it. I still just don't get what experience, qualities or qualifications he has to suggest he was the best candidate for the role. He might have loads- I'd just like to know what they are.

Thats part of the problem, we moan we want young players and when redknapp was here we wanted a younger manager with new ideas, we bring in a younger director of football to oversee it and then moan he has no experience
just asking. on 17:54 - Jan 10 with 2062 viewsWatford_Ranger

just asking. on 17:31 - Jan 10 by daveB

Thats part of the problem, we moan we want young players and when redknapp was here we wanted a younger manager with new ideas, we bring in a younger director of football to oversee it and then moan he has no experience

Surely there's a balance?

Anyway I'm not moaning about him as I've no idea if he's doing a good job or not. Time will tell on that. I just wanted to know what about him, be that personality, experience or anything else, made him the best person for the job.
just asking. on 18:09 - Jan 10 with 2048 viewsBAWHoops

I won't quote it because it's so long, but Neil that is a stunning post and fantastic assessment of what Les does.

The pasting he is getting is disgusting, the man is a bonafide club legend and should be treated with utmost respect by our fans. Not called a chancer because he hired a black manager!

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

just asking. on 18:58 - Jan 10 with 2007 viewsnix

just asking. on 13:59 - Jan 10 by Watford_Ranger

I'm not saying the bloke is a bad choice for the role as I don't know what he brings to it. I still just don't get what experience, qualities or qualifications he has to suggest he was the best candidate for the role. He might have loads- I'd just like to know what they are.

Yeah you're right, my earlier comment was a bit sweeping. But what I was trying to say was he's more behind the scenes than just on the pitch. You may have been on courses but have you also coached at premier league level; worked at a premier/championship club; worked with that level of players. AND learnt from how other people run a club. Spurs certainly seem to be an example of a club that brings players through and operates sustainably. And he might just have learnt something from working there. He also seems to work with Lee Hoos and agree with reducing our ridiculous wage bill.
I just don't think that can happen overnight. I also think that jumping on people's back is not helpful when it seems that efforts are being made to bring our club round.
just asking. on 19:07 - Jan 10 with 1994 viewsAntti_Heinola

Superb post Neil, thank you.

Bare bones.

just asking. on 19:15 - Jan 10 with 1983 viewsNeil_SI

just asking. on 17:54 - Jan 10 by Watford_Ranger

Surely there's a balance?

Anyway I'm not moaning about him as I've no idea if he's doing a good job or not. Time will tell on that. I just wanted to know what about him, be that personality, experience or anything else, made him the best person for the job.

Ferdinand's appointment at the time was circumstantial. Fans were complaining that the club lacked people who understood it, that it was losing its soul and treating its own poorly. So Tony Fernandes moved to hire a 'legend' in order to reduce the pressure on himself without realising what he'd done and that's why he was given a "silly" job title to begin with. It was a PR move.

But as it turned out, Ferdinand was deadly serious about the role and improving QPR. He bided his time but has shown himself as a worthy candidate for the Director of Football role. He isn't someone who has come in just because of his name and history but he probably used that as a springboard to strengthen his opportunity. It was Fernandes who was interested just getting 'a name'.

Ferdinand wanted a boardroom role for a long time. He studied properly for this and has an accredited degree in corporate governance within football, so he's done relevant education to put himself in a position to be considered for such a position.

He lacks experience of course, but you have to start somewhere. You need an opportunity and why shouldn't QPR offer him that opportunity in the same way that a lot of people want to see QPR offering youngsters opportunity?

Of course, the balance does have to be right, but to get that balance right does need change. We've not had balance for years but have been making the same mistakes over and over, so why not let someone who cares about this club, who was one of the best examples for everything we stood for that we want to be again, who has fresh ideas and is willing to try a different approach, have a crack at it? What we've tried for the last decade or so hasn't worked, what other options do we have? We might as well try a different way for a while and if that doesn't work, well, start praying...
just asking. on 19:28 - Jan 10 with 1961 viewsWatford_Ranger

just asking. on 19:15 - Jan 10 by Neil_SI

Ferdinand's appointment at the time was circumstantial. Fans were complaining that the club lacked people who understood it, that it was losing its soul and treating its own poorly. So Tony Fernandes moved to hire a 'legend' in order to reduce the pressure on himself without realising what he'd done and that's why he was given a "silly" job title to begin with. It was a PR move.

But as it turned out, Ferdinand was deadly serious about the role and improving QPR. He bided his time but has shown himself as a worthy candidate for the Director of Football role. He isn't someone who has come in just because of his name and history but he probably used that as a springboard to strengthen his opportunity. It was Fernandes who was interested just getting 'a name'.

Ferdinand wanted a boardroom role for a long time. He studied properly for this and has an accredited degree in corporate governance within football, so he's done relevant education to put himself in a position to be considered for such a position.

He lacks experience of course, but you have to start somewhere. You need an opportunity and why shouldn't QPR offer him that opportunity in the same way that a lot of people want to see QPR offering youngsters opportunity?

Of course, the balance does have to be right, but to get that balance right does need change. We've not had balance for years but have been making the same mistakes over and over, so why not let someone who cares about this club, who was one of the best examples for everything we stood for that we want to be again, who has fresh ideas and is willing to try a different approach, have a crack at it? What we've tried for the last decade or so hasn't worked, what other options do we have? We might as well try a different way for a while and if that doesn't work, well, start praying...

Thanks and good post. That was the answer I was looking for. Didn't know he had a relevant degree.
just asking. on 19:53 - Jan 10 with 1926 viewsbaz_qpr

"The recruitment process has already improved. Ferdinand has shown he has a good eye for players, because Grant Hall, Massimo Luongo, Tjarron Chery and Ben Gladwin are all obviously good signings with potential."

You say that Neil but I am not sure I agree with you. The first one has been a success almost by accident the last 3 amount to £5m worth of signings and none can get in the team. for 50 - 60% of transfer budget to go on players that can't get in a team that has performed badly all season, is a bit worrying. We desperately needed a good transfer window in summer and I don't think Les got it right at all. We've played half the season without a striker
just asking. on 21:37 - Jan 10 with 1856 viewsderbyhoop

just asking. on 01:28 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

By Les Ferdinand getting rid of Steve Gallen - yes there may be no one in the background who knows what the club means to us.
I guarantee the club means more to the Gallens (even after being treated badly) than Ferdinand (a Spurs supporter)

We have gone backwards with Ferdinand as the DOF
When he joined us we weren't in the relegation places
Yet ended up tailed off

We have had 2 poor transfer windows with him so far
One with no business apart from Zarate who we tried to send back
Second one when we bought a bunch of players apparently not ready
and where we hung onto a stack of overpaid unfit players who don't want to try or be here
Ramsey took the accountability for that - but that should be Les' responsibility

Ramsey was given a 3 year contract, failed as manager and then was given a new role as technical director??????? (only at QPR)

We finally got some stability with Warnock and he was moved on asap.

Background staff don't seem up to much and there seems to be loads of them
Duplication of roles all over the place = no accountability
So much for trying to save money
It's just a gravy train for these people - I am sure in the real world Les with zero experience would not even have been considered for such a role.
The club fail again

So for me Les Ferdinand would get a 1 ouf of 5 for his performance so far
That was only for getting rid of Redknapp - but really is anything better since Redknapp was here? I would say not.

The circus continues...................
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 1:35]

"We finally got some stability with Warnock and he was moved on asap".

67 year old Warnock told the club he would give them 8 weeks. He managed for 4 games., one of which he couldn't attend. If that is stability, what is instability?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

just asking. on 21:44 - Jan 10 with 1838 viewsPunteR

just asking. on 21:37 - Jan 10 by derbyhoop

67 year old Warnock told the club he would give them 8 weeks. He managed for 4 games., one of which he couldn't attend. If that is stability, what is instability?

Agree.
The whole Warnock thing was a farce.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

just asking. on 22:32 - Jan 10 with 1786 viewssuperhoopdownunder

just asking. on 21:37 - Jan 10 by derbyhoop

I was referring to stability both in terms of results
7 points out of 12 (1.75 per game)
and also the team seemed to be more motivated and together
just asking. on 22:35 - Jan 10 with 1782 viewsWatford_Ranger

just asking. on 22:32 - Jan 10 by superhoopdownunder

I was referring to stability both in terms of results
7 points out of 12 (1.75 per game)
and also the team seemed to be more motivated and together

That's a very black and white way of looking at IMO. The performances in those four games were all pretty dire, particularly the Reading game which was as jammy a win as we'll have all season. If Hasselbaink had had the sort of luck Warnock got that night we'd have far fewer moaning about him.
just asking. on 23:01 - Jan 10 with 1751 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Fair enough
Jimmy has been a bit unlucky so far
Let's hope he can get a win shortly and start to turn things around
It won't be easy (to turn us around)
[Post edited 10 Jan 2016 23:05]
just asking. on 00:15 - Jan 11 with 1707 viewsisawqpratwcity

A couple of excellent posts, Neil. I see LF's appointment as the best thing for the club's structure in many, many years. He is taking the job very seriously and is our best hope for cleaning out the Augean stables that we have become.

I was strongly concerned at Warnock's second spell here because he clearly outlined his preferred role at the club and it was a thumbnail of Les' job description. I was glad to see his influence depart after him being a satisfactory interim manager, but I will not sit idly by while he is portrayed as the club's saviour, shamefully treated. I also don't believe that Warnock has the capacity or commitment for his potential place here to have been anything more than a sinecure.

To be fair to Warnock, I supported his dismissal all those years ago because Tony, as a business manager, saw that the most critical position had become dysfunctional and the timing was perfect to make a replacement. But his performance could have been improved tremendously if he hadn't been hamstrung by Briatore's ridiculous and obstructive, patently self-serving strictures at the start of that Premier season.

I so wanted us to bounce back to the Premier this season because I am concerned that our owners may not retain interest without that Premier League business model and I fear that new owners may be less benign and generous. However, I believe it is now make-or-break time for the club and I will support Les in his attempt to put us back on track, even if it means hard times ahead.

Deep breath.....You Rs!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

just asking. on 15:16 - Jan 11 with 1582 viewsSomersetHoops

just asking. on 02:22 - Jan 10 by PunteR

Wasn't LF involved with not letting Redknapp sign more players in the last January window which prompted Redknapps knee surgery?.
He didn't allow Sherwood to get his own way with a contract forcing the negotiations to take on Sherwood as manager to collapse(a mate of his)
Gave Ramsey his chance to manage which I felt was the best choice at the time.
Gave youth players a chance ,Furlong etc as Redknapp refused.
Got in fans favourite Mackie,resigned Faurlin. Signed promising young players on the up,which everyone on here was crying out for. Smithies,Luongo,Gladwin,Chery,Hall etc.
There's probably lots of other positive things LF has done. He's done no worse the previous people running the club,if not better.
I think his biggest mistake is allowing TF to change the remit. He should have stuck to his guns more and backed Ramsey Imo. But at the end of the day TF is his boss so prob didn't have much choice.
I'm getting getting a bit fked off with this message board tbh and thinking of knocking it on the head. Its making daveB look like the flippin oracle we've become so predictable. daveB is probably right though, Ferdinand will be hounded out soon, along with JFH and we'll have someone else to blame.

I think Les should have been stronger when Fernandes decided to say that promotion is everything and told him it wasn't possible and told him to stick with the long term plan. It may be he was lacking in confidence due to lack of experience and I hope he is learning and will back proper judgement the next time Fernandes comes out with something stupid. If Fernandes only wants a yes-man as DoF we are in trouble, although I hope Les is not that and I hope Fernandes is learning to listen to those who know football. It has taken a long time and a lot of money, but his stupidity continues, despite saying after every mistake that he is learning.

Who's Next?

just asking. on 15:22 - Jan 11 with 1572 viewsNeil_SI

just asking. on 15:16 - Jan 11 by SomersetHoops

I think Les should have been stronger when Fernandes decided to say that promotion is everything and told him it wasn't possible and told him to stick with the long term plan. It may be he was lacking in confidence due to lack of experience and I hope he is learning and will back proper judgement the next time Fernandes comes out with something stupid. If Fernandes only wants a yes-man as DoF we are in trouble, although I hope Les is not that and I hope Fernandes is learning to listen to those who know football. It has taken a long time and a lot of money, but his stupidity continues, despite saying after every mistake that he is learning.

Ah-ha.

This is the tricky one to answer and it's less clear cut for Ferdinand than it is for say Lee Hoos, because in the end, both men are employed by the board to carry out their mandate. So people employed in these positions and roles will generally do as instructed.

That's where Ferdinand has to find the right balance, to accept on one hand what his bosses want versus trying to do what he thinks is right for the club or make the best of a bad situation if that's the case. And probably over time show that the things he has leeway with are working and the right way forward. But that takes time, it's a delicate situation and my hunch is, that's what he's having to do with some things and he's got to grit his teeth and bare it for certain things.

In my opinion, I don't think Ferdinand feels promotion should be necessary or is the way forward, but as an employee, he has to speak the language of what the board want: promotion at the first attempt. He's been professional about doing that while being put on the spot and in an awkward situation, though clearly the club has FFP and things like that which make it easier to accept that there is another point of view that is valid in some ways. I think he's handled that side of things quite well, actually.

For Lee Hoos, he's been excellent and refreshing about many things, but he knows how to play the game in both directions and in the end, for him, this is just a job (but one he appears to be good at and enjoy). It's easy to miss that.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2016 15:26]
just asking. on 15:36 - Jan 11 with 1539 viewsisawqpratwcity

just asking. on 15:22 - Jan 11 by Neil_SI

Ah-ha.

This is the tricky one to answer and it's less clear cut for Ferdinand than it is for say Lee Hoos, because in the end, both men are employed by the board to carry out their mandate. So people employed in these positions and roles will generally do as instructed.

That's where Ferdinand has to find the right balance, to accept on one hand what his bosses want versus trying to do what he thinks is right for the club or make the best of a bad situation if that's the case. And probably over time show that the things he has leeway with are working and the right way forward. But that takes time, it's a delicate situation and my hunch is, that's what he's having to do with some things and he's got to grit his teeth and bare it for certain things.

In my opinion, I don't think Ferdinand feels promotion should be necessary or is the way forward, but as an employee, he has to speak the language of what the board want: promotion at the first attempt. He's been professional about doing that while being put on the spot and in an awkward situation, though clearly the club has FFP and things like that which make it easier to accept that there is another point of view that is valid in some ways. I think he's handled that side of things quite well, actually.

For Lee Hoos, he's been excellent and refreshing about many things, but he knows how to play the game in both directions and in the end, for him, this is just a job (but one he appears to be good at and enjoy). It's easy to miss that.

Of course Les can tell Tony if he doesn't think they should be pushing for promotion, and why, but if Tony still wants to go ahead, then it's Les' job to implement that and keep his dissent secret, otherwise he's just undermining his boss.

Then again, if Les says he can't do it, that's just a resignation letter.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

just asking. on 15:41 - Jan 11 with 1533 viewsPunteR

just asking. on 15:22 - Jan 11 by Neil_SI

Ah-ha.

I also think we shouldn't underestimate how much the players wanted promotion. This may have affected Ramsey's role within the dressing room.
Tough job for Ferdinand trying to balance all these spinning plates.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

just asking. on 15:42 - Jan 11 with 1531 viewsGetMeRangers

Thank you Neil. Your posts make returning to this board worthwhile. Considered and balanced
just asking. on 15:43 - Jan 11 with 1528 viewsNeil_SI

just asking. on 15:36 - Jan 11 by isawqpratwcity

Of course Les can tell Tony if he doesn't think they should be pushing for promotion, and why, but if Tony still wants to go ahead, then it's Les' job to implement that and keep his dissent secret, otherwise he's just undermining his boss.

Then again, if Les says he can't do it, that's just a resignation letter.

Yes indeed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024