Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frank de Boer 12:53 - Dec 21 with 24204 viewsSwanseaTID

Odds slashed on him in the last hour, favourite with Sky bet.

https://m.skybet.com/football/manager-specials/event/21636355
Frank de Boer on 22:49 - Dec 21 with 8388 viewsmajorraglan

Not sure about this, it didn’t work for him at Palace, who under Roy H are a totally different proposition.
Personally, I can’t see it being any of the managers who have recently been sacked, I read somewhere that it traditionally takes a while to agree the terms of the severance package and if a manager takes a new post when the package is still being sorted they get less compo as they are back working. Not sure if that’s true or not, but it could rule out a few of the names being bandied about.
Frank de Boer on 00:47 - Dec 22 with 8216 viewsJacket

Palace was the wrong fit for him. But could he not see that when he took the job? A squad built by Pulis, Warnock, Pardew and Allardice was never going to be conducive to total football. His decision to take the Palace job doesn't say much about his judgement as a manager.

Shame -this time last year I would have been all for him.
Frank de Boer on 07:25 - Dec 22 with 8059 viewsymaohyd

Absolutely amazed that Pulis isn't already in place. Instead appear to be considering De Boer. The situation is going from bad to worse.

If this appointment comes off it has Road crash written all over it. Hope I'm wrong.

If we go down I hope he is given full support for next season. If his coaching potential is to be rekindled it is going to take time and must be seen as a long term appointment.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Frank de Boer on 07:27 - Dec 22 with 8051 viewsjackal

Mentioned de Boer to a friend of mine who's an Inter Milan supporter.

He shouted out "Oh, no!!!!".
Frank de Boer on 12:16 - Dec 22 with 7832 viewsNookiejack

Anyone thought about backing this guy - Ben Olsen

https://www.dcunited.com/coaches/ben-olsen
Frank de Boer on 12:30 - Dec 22 with 7770 viewswestwalesed

The mere fact that we are all scrabbling around trying to figure out who will be in charge is a disgrace.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Frank de Boer on 12:30 - Dec 22 with 7766 viewsWarwickHunt

Frank de Boer on 12:16 - Dec 22 by Nookiejack

Anyone thought about backing this guy - Ben Olsen

https://www.dcunited.com/coaches/ben-olsen

If he's related to Jimmy he might be worth considering...
Frank de Boer on 12:48 - Dec 22 with 7692 viewsE20Jack

This ship needs stabalising before we can get back anything like our football before. It is still overwhelmingly likely we will be a Championship club next year too. For my mind, it has to be Pulis. If he doesnt keep us up then if he stays I doubt he woukd take us down again to league 1. Not sure I can say the same about the likes of De Boer.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Login to get fewer ads

Frank de Boer on 13:06 - Dec 22 with 7598 viewslonglostjack

Thomas Tuchel is available. Might have to get rid of the odd chairman or consultant to be able to afford the salary though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Frank de Boer on 13:20 - Dec 22 with 7541 viewsRevJames

Frank de Boer on 12:30 - Dec 22 by westwalesed

The mere fact that we are all scrabbling around trying to figure out who will be in charge is a disgrace.

.....but typical. What do you expect?
Frank de Boer on 13:58 - Dec 22 with 7454 viewsWarwickHunt

Frank de Boer on 13:06 - Dec 22 by longlostjack

Thomas Tuchel is available. Might have to get rid of the odd chairman or consultant to be able to afford the salary though.

Win win.
Frank de Boer on 14:13 - Dec 22 with 7390 views34dfgdf54

Haven’t read all of the thread, so apologies if already been mentioned.

I wouldn’t listen to a thing off Sky Bet, they’ll plaster SSN with “sky sources” quoting an interest in him from us, everyone lumps on, someone else gets it. The sky group makes millions.
Frank de Boer on 15:44 - Dec 22 with 7247 viewsymaohyd

Frank de Boer on 12:48 - Dec 22 by E20Jack

This ship needs stabalising before we can get back anything like our football before. It is still overwhelmingly likely we will be a Championship club next year too. For my mind, it has to be Pulis. If he doesnt keep us up then if he stays I doubt he woukd take us down again to league 1. Not sure I can say the same about the likes of De Boer.

Wholeheartedly agree

Merry Christmas

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Frank de Boer on 15:46 - Dec 22 with 7233 viewsawayjack

Frank de Boer on 12:30 - Dec 22 by westwalesed

It's how we've done most manager replacements other than Monk pushing Laudrup out and Yanks wanting Bobley in.
Frank de Boer on 16:01 - Dec 22 with 7174 viewsnantywatcher

We need somebodywho can inspire and put a smile back on people's (and player's) faces. FdB looks more bloody miserable than PC, if that's possible. Bilic used to be able to smile, maybe a much smaller club (than WH) will suit him?
Frank de Boer on 16:39 - Dec 22 with 7015 viewsTheKirkyLife

Frank de Boer on 16:01 - Dec 22 by nantywatcher

We need somebodywho can inspire and put a smile back on people's (and player's) faces. FdB looks more bloody miserable than PC, if that's possible. Bilic used to be able to smile, maybe a much smaller club (than WH) will suit him?

Bilic has at least got a bit of fight in him and the fact he asked his ex-players for feedback on what he did wrong after he was sacked gives me the impression of a man who is eager to learn from his mistakes in order to help him improve.

Between the two I'd much rather him, West Ham only really went off the rails this season though the downward spiral started last.
Frank de Boer on 17:00 - Dec 22 with 6943 viewsswanforthemoney

Frank de Boer on 16:39 - Dec 22 by TheKirkyLife

Bilic has at least got a bit of fight in him and the fact he asked his ex-players for feedback on what he did wrong after he was sacked gives me the impression of a man who is eager to learn from his mistakes in order to help him improve.

Between the two I'd much rather him, West Ham only really went off the rails this season though the downward spiral started last.

Bilic

I stand in the North Stand

Frank de Boer on 17:01 - Dec 22 with 6940 viewsPawelAbbott

There some top class managers available at the moment. There is no chance Jenkins will hire one of them though. It'll be the cheap option like normal
Frank de Boer on 23:36 - Dec 22 with 6698 viewsPawelAbbott

We are looking for a manager with recent premier league experience and De Boer is a serious candidate??
4 games, all defeats, no goals is the worst premier league record ever. It can't be considered the experience we want.
Frank de Boer on 09:19 - Dec 23 with 6520 viewseagle

I think he was a total disaster at Palace. He tried to play a system and style of play not suited to our players and left the squad devoid of any confidence.

I'm still not sure what he was trying to achieve - his Palace side was boring, slow, had no attacking threat and shipped goals by trying to pass it around at the back. Even watching his interviews I had no faith he'd do anything positive. God knows what the players thought of him.

A lot of the blame goes to our board for his appointment in the first place. Such a strange replacement for Allardyce and they didn't really back FdB in the transfer market.

It is possible that Palace just wasn't right for him. Swansea have more of a history of playing nice passing football so FdB might feel more at home. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Good luck either way (apart from today!)
Frank de Boer on 09:27 - Dec 23 with 6484 viewsPrivate_Partz

Frank de Boer on 09:19 - Dec 23 by eagle

I think he was a total disaster at Palace. He tried to play a system and style of play not suited to our players and left the squad devoid of any confidence.

I'm still not sure what he was trying to achieve - his Palace side was boring, slow, had no attacking threat and shipped goals by trying to pass it around at the back. Even watching his interviews I had no faith he'd do anything positive. God knows what the players thought of him.

A lot of the blame goes to our board for his appointment in the first place. Such a strange replacement for Allardyce and they didn't really back FdB in the transfer market.

It is possible that Palace just wasn't right for him. Swansea have more of a history of playing nice passing football so FdB might feel more at home. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. Good luck either way (apart from today!)

Thanks for the insight and it is just as I saw it looking in fron the outside.
Too many changes were needed at Palace under him. He may have done it in time but the panic button was pressed and it has worked out well so far.
Our failed roofer DOF is looking for a 'yes' man however and I am not sure FDB would fit that category.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Frank de Boer on 14:55 - Dec 25 with 6231 viewsDyfnant

We’re probably still paying Monk, the ginger tw@t will be back stroking big conk off before New Years

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Frank de Boer on 18:31 - Dec 25 with 5813 viewsperplex

Frank de Boer on 17:00 - Dec 22 by swanforthemoney

Bilic

He`s not up to much mun ,was just lucky Payet was outstanding for that season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024