Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home 18:49 - Oct 2 with 19839 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 21:50 - Oct 2 with 2479 viewsrichfoad32

Feared a second half onslaught from Rovers but it never happened, they really look a poor team. All the ten men deserve credit, Hendo ran his socks off and could/should have won it, Hart impressed again. Really not sure what the situation is with Clough. Point ok under the circumstances but I really can't see Bristol troubling too many sides this season and it's a missed opportunity.
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 21:53 - Oct 2 with 2457 viewsisitme

Hart mom for me. We had the two best chances of the second half. No problem with Cannon coming on for Inman as he had been booked and we needed some fresh legs. A point gained but I wonder how many we would have got with eleven players for the full game.
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 2332 viewsJames1980

Expect the Rovers fans see that as 2 points dropped. Agree with the sentiments about the red card .be interesting to see if there are any similar 'challenges' in other games and how they are dealt with. Hazard a guess Williams for Inman, instead of Clough coming on. Was a, the former has been doing better in training. b, Williams is part of the long term plans.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:09 - Oct 2 with 2318 viewsfitzochris

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:08 - Oct 2 by James1980

Expect the Rovers fans see that as 2 points dropped. Agree with the sentiments about the red card .be interesting to see if there are any similar 'challenges' in other games and how they are dealt with. Hazard a guess Williams for Inman, instead of Clough coming on. Was a, the former has been doing better in training. b, Williams is part of the long term plans.

Williams came on for Gillam.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:12 - Oct 2 with 2282 viewsSandymandy

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:08 - Oct 2 by James1980

We aren't in a position for long term we need short term and Williams isn't either for me currently
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:13 - Oct 2 with 2281 viewsJames1980

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:09 - Oct 2 by fitzochris

Williams came on for Gillam.

Duh don't know why I put him. But same point though swapping the incorrect player.

Also similar for Cannon coming on instead of Clough.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:17]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:14 - Oct 2 with 2267 viewsShun

Strange game tonight. In the first half we played better than them but they could (should) have been 3-0 up by half time, thanks to two easy easy chances and a rattled crossbar. Not sure what the red card was for tbh, shouldā€™ve been a yellow. The second half I genuinely forgot we had a man less as we looked the more likely of the two sides to win in it although the quality on show from both sides was pretty poor.

The defence looked calamitous once again, albeit more assured when Williams deputised for McNulty. Hart continues to get forward well and causes far more problems with his crossing than Done. Henderson was fantastic and my MOM, he mustā€™ve been watching Pittman closely on Saturday because he delivered an expert display of how to draw consistent fouls from opponents.

All in all, I wouldā€™ve been disappointed with a point before the game but Iā€™m pleased given the circumstances. And weā€™ve moved up two positions!
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 2247 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 20:47 - Oct 2 by SuddenLad

Are you for real ? Raff has done well so far, tonight. What"s your problem with him ?

The only criticism I would have of Rafferty tonight, particularly in the first half, was that some of his crosses were very poorly directed.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 2243 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 20:33 - Oct 2 by fitzochris

Same story. Weā€™ve been largely dominant, look good going forward but yet again have been undone by defensive lapses.

Red card for Norman, poor decision making from our keeper, but Iā€™m not sure he was the last man.

Either way, weā€™ve handicapped ourselves again.

There's no such thing as "last man". That's a phrase invented by the media.

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:28 - Oct 2 with 2137 viewsdalenumber2

Thought Jordan Williams didn't do too badly tonight, a bit of an improvement I'd say.
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:30 - Oct 2 with 2121 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 21:39 - Oct 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

I think we might be hearing about "poor personal decision making" again in a few minutes

Why?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2087 viewsD_Alien

Thought it was an entertaining game, first half open and attacking, second half more cagey due to the obvious but we could, maybe should, have won it

Our defence looked so much better once Jim was taken off

Hart again superb both in defence and attack, this lad is going to be some player. The way he nipped the ball past their fullback and in the same movement bringing his foot out to stop the ball from going into touch in the first half was something you rarely see at this level

Clean sheet at last, but we had 2 or 3 great chances to win it; in saying we need to be more clinical i feel like smacking myself in the mouth for stating the bleeding obvious

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2088 views100notout

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 21:40 - Oct 2 by fitzochris

We played well and deserved the point, under the circumstances, but it will be looked back on as a case of what couldā€™ve been.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 21:41]

Played well? Really?

Were you at the game?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2086 viewskel

Anyone know if one of #rochdalesbiggestfans stayed till the end tonight instead of skulking off five minutes early like us part timers?
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 with 2084 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:30 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Why?

How come you are always so quick to snap at YD's posts?
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:39 - Oct 2 with 2017 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 by dawlishdale

How come you are always so quick to snap at YD's posts?

I didn't realise I was, nor that things were being monitored in such a way. Apologies if so.

I'm just intrigued about why he/she thinks the manager will say that, as after watching the game, the only lack of personal decision-making probably came from Norman, although I would like to see the incident again.

All the other players showed a whole lot of personal responsibility to earn a point, so it seems a bizarre insinuation to make.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2018 22:41]

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:41 - Oct 2 with 1993 views442Dale

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:33 - Oct 2 by 100notout

Played well? Really?

Were you at the game?

I thought we did. Lots of endeavour and played some good stuff at times considering we were down to ten.

It wasnā€™t brilliant, but it was a good performance taking all circumstances into account.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:42 - Oct 2 with 1979 viewsdawlishdale

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:39 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

I didn't realise I was, nor that things were being monitored in such a way. Apologies if so.

I'm just intrigued about why he/she thinks the manager will say that, as after watching the game, the only lack of personal decision-making probably came from Norman, although I would like to see the incident again.

All the other players showed a whole lot of personal responsibility to earn a point, so it seems a bizarre insinuation to make.

Prior to Normans rush of blood, Jim made a couple of terrible decisions, plus you yourself just mentioned Rafferty's crossing was off tonight.
I'd add that Perkins also misplaced quite a few relatively easy passes as the game wore on.

I'd imagine that Hill will be the more pleased of the two Managers to have come away with a point. However, I'm increasingly of the opinion that you just can't tell what he is thinking, or going to say
Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:50 - Oct 2 with 1908 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:42 - Oct 2 by dawlishdale

Prior to Normans rush of blood, Jim made a couple of terrible decisions, plus you yourself just mentioned Rafferty's crossing was off tonight.
I'd add that Perkins also misplaced quite a few relatively easy passes as the game wore on.

I'd imagine that Hill will be the more pleased of the two Managers to have come away with a point. However, I'm increasingly of the opinion that you just can't tell what he is thinking, or going to say

I'd agree with that, although I wouldn't put the Rafferty and Perkins misdemeanours into the brackets of 'personal decision-making', more like 'poor play'.

Like you say, though, who knows?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:50 - Oct 2 with 1905 viewsSuddenLad

Odd that we should be reduced to 10 men, remove McNulty from the field and we are a better performing team as a result.

Maybe we should have won it, with a bit more luck we might have done, but a well earned hard-fought point was welcome.

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooledĆ¢ā‚¬Ā

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:53 - Oct 2 with 1879 views100notout

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:39 - Oct 2 by TVOS1907

Its not being monitored - its just so obvious but I'm sure YD will accept your apologies.

As for Hill coming out with the poor decision making comments - he often does (its never his fault or he's never picked the wrong team).

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:56 - Oct 2 with 1859 viewsRotherhamDale

Mcnulty is a calamity.

As the ball came forward, he looked at mcgahey... at the ball... at mcgahey and then left it anyway!

Norman had no choice but to come out and try and do something. Absolutely shite.

Possession with progression.

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:56 - Oct 2 with 1854 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 21:44 - Oct 2 by 442Dale

Not really. Played well with Henderson excellent. Rovers were poor and weā€™ll be disappointed not to have won.

I thought we were poor, they had some really good chances thanks to our poor defending. Rathbone and Perkins frequently gave the ball away. Things improved when calamity Jim went off, but the team didnā€™t seem up for it, and the piss poor crowd was very quiet. I was feeling bored, although I did stay to the end for the second time this season

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:57 - Oct 2 with 1853 viewssweetcorn

The sending off actually made us better i thought in the second half and thats because we went more direct, moving the ball forward and looking to create chances, whereas with 11 in the first half we reminded me of van gaals uniteds team, lots of possession and keeping the ball in midfield and defence with very little intent to get us forward, its not particulary entertaining to watch and it certainly isnā€™t yielding the points.

Sam hart is a great attacking outlet down that left hand side and iā€™m more than impressed after seeing him tonight.

How cannon isnā€™t starting games for us really is baffling to me, he should he in this side most games.

The mystery of zach clough continues, if ever there was a time to bring him on it was when Gillam retired off hurt, instead he went with williams (who i didnā€™t think was too bad tbh, but of course people will want to lynch him, as thats the in thing to do at the minute) Think weā€™re better off sending him back if we arenā€™t going to bother playing the lad.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 23:01 - Oct 2 with 1822 viewsrochdale_ranger

Match thread: Bristol Rovers home on 22:56 - Oct 2 by rochdaleriddler

I thought we were poor, they had some really good chances thanks to our poor defending. Rathbone and Perkins frequently gave the ball away. Things improved when calamity Jim went off, but the team didnā€™t seem up for it, and the piss poor crowd was very quiet. I was feeling bored, although I did stay to the end for the second time this season

Iā€™m as glad I didnā€™t bother driving over tonight as I was on Saturday now. Starting to think Iā€™m sorry for bothering with the season ticket again this year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024