Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust Update 03:51 - Aug 11 with 381 viewsKeithHaynes

The Swans Trust held its first board meeting of the 2022/23 season at the Swansea.com stadium on Monday 8th August.

One of its first duties was to appoint officers for the coming season. A few days previously our current Supporter Director Terry Sinnett officially informed the board officers that he would be stepping down from his SD role and also the Trust Board. He stated in his written resignation;

“It is with a very heavy heart I’d like to advise the Swans Trust board that I’ve decided to step down from my role as Supporter Director and member of the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust Board. When I was unexpectedly elected to the SD role last year, my aim was to successfully represent the views of the board, the membership and the wider fan base, with the club. I hope I have done that. I have fully engaged with the club and have endeavoured to inform our members and fans details of those discussions though my regular SD updates, and the minutes of the monthly Trust Board meetings, which are shown on the Trust’s website.

“This has been a really difficult decision to make and made with much sadness. I was 70 years young recently and feel this is an appropriate time to step back and enjoy the rest of my remaining retirement years without undue commitments. I have, despite a few difficult months, thoroughly enjoyed the experience of representing the fans of our club, that we all love through good and bad. That work has been done with the interest of both the Trust and the club at heart. It should not be forgotten that the Trust Board is made up of volunteers who are fans and give up an incredible amount of their time to achieve its aims.

“It has been an absolute privilege and honour to be the Trust’s Supporter Director and I will cherish the experience forever. I just wish it had happened some years ago. Being a fan and supporter since 1962, having the opportunity of seeing how the club works at first hand and meeting those working so hard behind the scene has been inspiring.

“I have received nothing but the very greatest respect, help and assistance from the clubs’ senior management and staff. They are a credit to the club and our city, and we are in safe hands under their management.

“The newly elected Trust Board will be working harder than ever to promote the Trust and the benefits of having an organisation that represents the fans in partnership with the club. It is a great team, superbly led by chair Dave Dalton, and will go from strength to strength, as will our club.

“Thank you all for your help, support and assistance over the last 12 months. Good luck, stay safe and take care.”

The Swans Trust would like to place on record it’s sincere thanks to Terry for all his time, hard work and professionalism provided to the organisation since he joined the board three years ago. Over the past year Terry took over the role of Supporter Director which escalated still further the time he needed to commit to ensure the voice of our supporters could be heard within the club and the boardroom. We are all going to miss Terry in an official capacity but I’m sure we will be able to catch up with him again around the stadium and local hostelries on match days. Have a great retirement Terry. It’s fully deserved.

With Terry’s announcement the Trust Board duly invited other elected members to put themselves forward for election as officers for the upcoming season and we can now confirm the following appointments for 2022/23:

Supporter Director — Sian Davies

Associate Director — Ceri Stone

Chair — Dave Dalton

Vice Chair — Chris Golledge

Treasurer — Howell Williams

Elected Members:

Howard Corder

Cath Dyer

Diane Hughes

Ceri Morgan

Rupert Thomas

Paul Barrett has once again kindly agreed to continue as our Trust Secretary.

The new Trust Board then went on to consider all the co-opted applications that had been received over the past two weeks and after due deliberation it is pleased to announce the following Trust members will be joining the board for the coming season:

Roger Goodwin

Adam Lewis

Paul Meller

Tony Sharpe

James Williams

They have all been selected as we believe they will provide the board with valuable expertise in a number of key areas to help the Trust deliver its core responsibilities to members and supporters over the coming season.

Over the coming weeks we will be confirming the structure of our sub-groups and updating our website with profiles for all the incoming board members. And as usual a full transcript of our meeting (alongside all our other board minutes) will soon be available on our website

Swansea City Supporters’ Trust

10th August 2022

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024