Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? 14:22 - Aug 11 with 1568 viewsKeithHaynes

Couple of weeks or so to go.
Benefits in letting him go for the best price ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:31 - Aug 11 with 1530 viewsReslovenSwan1

There is logic in this only if there are 4 or 5 new signings ready to come in. CR17 and Lowe were shifted on low ball offers which allowed the signing of Obafemi on a permanent and Liard on loan.

If Swansea can get a big fee and a club to overpay like Sheffield Utd did with McBurney then it is worthwhile.

It would be bad news it Piroe was sold and the convertible loan was treated as a debt and paid off.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:37 - Aug 11 with 1531 viewsvetchonian

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:31 - Aug 11 by ReslovenSwan1

There is logic in this only if there are 4 or 5 new signings ready to come in. CR17 and Lowe were shifted on low ball offers which allowed the signing of Obafemi on a permanent and Liard on loan.

If Swansea can get a big fee and a club to overpay like Sheffield Utd did with McBurney then it is worthwhile.

It would be bad news it Piroe was sold and the convertible loan was treated as a debt and paid off.

But according to you that will not happen any day now we are to hear of the CLN being converted to shares......
You really are a beaut

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:54 - Aug 11 with 1484 viewsBadlands

If be goes where do the goals come from?
Paterson looks like he's on holiday.
Obi has already missed several sitters.
Piroe is not on big wages
Lowe mentioned 7 goals in 36 £12,000 p/w
Piroe 24 from 47 £10,000 p/w

Upwards of 12 million and he could be replaced.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 14:55]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:09 - Aug 11 with 1461 viewsangryjack

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:54 - Aug 11 by Badlands

If be goes where do the goals come from?
Paterson looks like he's on holiday.
Obi has already missed several sitters.
Piroe is not on big wages
Lowe mentioned 7 goals in 36 £12,000 p/w
Piroe 24 from 47 £10,000 p/w

Upwards of 12 million and he could be replaced.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 14:55]

Keep well away from lowe
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:28 - Aug 11 with 1413 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:37 - Aug 11 by vetchonian

But according to you that will not happen any day now we are to hear of the CLN being converted to shares......
You really are a beaut

I am not a mind reader or a fortune teller. You are right. I expect new shares to be issued.

There are only three things that can happen.

a) The money is invested in the club (players facilities e contracts etc)

b) Debts are paid off. (e.g.CLN £13m plus possible interest)

c) Money kept for a rainy day on account.

All three are possible.

I do not believe the CLN will be paid off because Silverstein said he wanted to invest and he appears to be given free rein to interfere in the clubs business. He is back in town presumably interfering a a 'director' not a 'debt recovery' man.

If there was a mega bucks offer in the pipeline he might be more likely to convert sooner rather than later.

I am reasonable knowledgeable and direct to the readership to what i think is the truth. People tend not argue against technical point and logic simple call me names and suggest I am some type of club insider. I am not.

If the CLN is not converted I will be disappointed in the US ownership, I will admit i was wrong and call Silverstein out for misleading the fans.

All the signs are it will be converted on the conversion date. I do not know this date but it would not happen before the settlement. I believe it was conditional on the settlement and part of the leverage used to get a deal. I also believe the conversion and issuing of the 5% golden share will happen at the same time.

I told you this a year ago. The CLN was a game changer.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 15:49]

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:08 - Aug 11 with 1276 viewspete

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:28 - Aug 11 by ReslovenSwan1

I am not a mind reader or a fortune teller. You are right. I expect new shares to be issued.

There are only three things that can happen.

a) The money is invested in the club (players facilities e contracts etc)

b) Debts are paid off. (e.g.CLN £13m plus possible interest)

c) Money kept for a rainy day on account.

All three are possible.

I do not believe the CLN will be paid off because Silverstein said he wanted to invest and he appears to be given free rein to interfere in the clubs business. He is back in town presumably interfering a a 'director' not a 'debt recovery' man.

If there was a mega bucks offer in the pipeline he might be more likely to convert sooner rather than later.

I am reasonable knowledgeable and direct to the readership to what i think is the truth. People tend not argue against technical point and logic simple call me names and suggest I am some type of club insider. I am not.

If the CLN is not converted I will be disappointed in the US ownership, I will admit i was wrong and call Silverstein out for misleading the fans.

All the signs are it will be converted on the conversion date. I do not know this date but it would not happen before the settlement. I believe it was conditional on the settlement and part of the leverage used to get a deal. I also believe the conversion and issuing of the 5% golden share will happen at the same time.

I told you this a year ago. The CLN was a game changer.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 15:49]

Whilst you may be correct, why like most fans are you not disappointed in the owners as it is as they have done very little if anything to enhance the club, ? in fact in my opinion they care little if at all of the club or indeed the supporters or the city
I respect your opinion tho which we all have
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:12 - Aug 11 with 1267 viewsCatullus

No, time to reject Martin and get any half decent manager in because a move back to football basics and the freedom to play whichever is the best pass (combined with picking players in their best positions) and we will start getting results.

The squad isn't the problem as much as the manager is. If we sell Piroe and allow Martin to spend more money we'll just end up with more MKD's or another player brought in for him to play out of position.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:17 - Aug 11 with 1255 viewsshingle

Do not worry our owners will certainty gleefully listen to any offers even if those offers turn out to be a lot less than what we were expecting i would guess they would be licking there lips over any half decent offer.
Login to get fewer ads

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:40 - Aug 11 with 1210 viewsWhiterockin

2 years left on his contract and he won't sign another so IMO he has to leave this window or next. If we can get over £15M now sell, that would drop by January with 18 months left even if he has a good couple of months. By this time next season his value would be half as he is in the last year of his contract.
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 1146 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:08 - Aug 11 by pete

Whilst you may be correct, why like most fans are you not disappointed in the owners as it is as they have done very little if anything to enhance the club, ? in fact in my opinion they care little if at all of the club or indeed the supporters or the city
I respect your opinion tho which we all have

Sitting in the VIP seats is not a sign of commitment. Cash is a sign of commitment. The US people have put £13m into the club recently. The fans own group 21% owners talk the talk but when time comes to investment they do not want to know. This contradiction is a theme i have pointed out repeatedly. Silverstein personally £5m. It is like being a owner of a block of flats and declining to share the costs of fixing the lift.

Welsh people (like me) are looking for a free lunch and want foreigner owners to invest while not fulfilling their own responsibilities. Why should they invest while the Trust refuse to sell their shares and refuse to invest their own money? Fans complaining about the US owners are owners themselves but fail to recognise their obligations.

They have received or will receive £500k. Why do they not buy new cheap shares with it? Its for a 'nest egg' apparently but In the bank it devalues by about 0.5 to 0.75% per month in real terms. No one wants to discuss this. Least of all the Trust board members.

The US people are investors, Mr Morgan sponsors the stadium and kit. The fans group do nothing. The fans were put onto the board and were worth £20m in 2016 but they have the wrong mentality and failed to sell any of their shares. They are committed to shrinkage their cash (by inflation) and shares (by dilution) and are happy to see this happen. They may as well sell up.

The Trust represent the supporter owners on the board. £1.3m in the bank doing nothing. Where is their investment in Swansea city?. "Never mind that lets just blame the Yanks". What kind of mentality is that? The mentality of a stone cold loser.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 19:22]

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:18 - Aug 11 with 1152 viewsCatullus

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:40 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

2 years left on his contract and he won't sign another so IMO he has to leave this window or next. If we can get over £15M now sell, that would drop by January with 18 months left even if he has a good couple of months. By this time next season his value would be half as he is in the last year of his contract.

And that makes perfect sense I just wouldn't want martin getting his hands on the money.

I am completely in that camp now, Martin has to go.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 08:00 - Aug 12 with 956 viewspete

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:17 - Aug 11 by ReslovenSwan1

Sitting in the VIP seats is not a sign of commitment. Cash is a sign of commitment. The US people have put £13m into the club recently. The fans own group 21% owners talk the talk but when time comes to investment they do not want to know. This contradiction is a theme i have pointed out repeatedly. Silverstein personally £5m. It is like being a owner of a block of flats and declining to share the costs of fixing the lift.

Welsh people (like me) are looking for a free lunch and want foreigner owners to invest while not fulfilling their own responsibilities. Why should they invest while the Trust refuse to sell their shares and refuse to invest their own money? Fans complaining about the US owners are owners themselves but fail to recognise their obligations.

They have received or will receive £500k. Why do they not buy new cheap shares with it? Its for a 'nest egg' apparently but In the bank it devalues by about 0.5 to 0.75% per month in real terms. No one wants to discuss this. Least of all the Trust board members.

The US people are investors, Mr Morgan sponsors the stadium and kit. The fans group do nothing. The fans were put onto the board and were worth £20m in 2016 but they have the wrong mentality and failed to sell any of their shares. They are committed to shrinkage their cash (by inflation) and shares (by dilution) and are happy to see this happen. They may as well sell up.

The Trust represent the supporter owners on the board. £1.3m in the bank doing nothing. Where is their investment in Swansea city?. "Never mind that lets just blame the Yanks". What kind of mentality is that? The mentality of a stone cold loser.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 19:22]

in your opinion, which i respect but disagree with,these owners promised the next level, yet did not really back , Potter, or cooper thats why both left and if reports are to be belived Potter nearly walked months before he left
I understand that you have to be prudent , but in the football world its money that talks i know you can see that, and with all the shinanigins that went with the sale and the withdrawn offer from the owners to the trust would you trust them with out some guarantee? i most certanly do not ,they are in it to make money with no real intrest in the club city and supporters untill these owners leave we have what we have, you and i may disagree but we both want the best for SWANSEA not DC untd
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 13:21 - Aug 12 with 842 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 08:00 - Aug 12 by pete

in your opinion, which i respect but disagree with,these owners promised the next level, yet did not really back , Potter, or cooper thats why both left and if reports are to be belived Potter nearly walked months before he left
I understand that you have to be prudent , but in the football world its money that talks i know you can see that, and with all the shinanigins that went with the sale and the withdrawn offer from the owners to the trust would you trust them with out some guarantee? i most certanly do not ,they are in it to make money with no real intrest in the club city and supporters untill these owners leave we have what we have, you and i may disagree but we both want the best for SWANSEA not DC untd

You’re wasting your time with him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:08 - Aug 12 with 810 viewsjasper_T

The "next level" died when Huw Jenkins spent £70m on dross.
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:30 - Aug 12 with 777 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 08:00 - Aug 12 by pete

You like many other have bought a fake narrative watered and cultivated on forums. No one has ever promised the "next level". It is a myth. This is not surprising as few have dared to question this narrative. I did, and got banned on SCFC2 without breaking any rules. Only one way of thinking was allowed. I was amazed at the abuse and pseudo threats I got simply for arguing against the legal route.

What was said was the new owners have deeper pockets and could invest. If the CLN is converted it is investment. They called it an investment themselves.

Potter was backed to the tune of £7m. He demanded total control of signings and his signing were terrible. Asoro Mckay Celina and John. The "non negotiable four" all drummed out by Cooper after a 5-1 surrender to QPR. Potter sulked after the US owners declined to buy Ryan Woods for £7m. Ryan Who? Yes Woods free transfer to Millwall last season. Another dud.

There were no shenanigans with the sale. The Trust did not want to sell and did not. They told everyone else their shares would "never be for sale" in 2015. It wa publicised and no one contradicted it at the time. They wanted more shares not less. They still after 20 years have never sold one of their shares.

Selling need a willing buyer and a willing seller they talked for four months and an offer was made 2017. The SCST was in chaos with two resignations in the face of hostility to the sale the seller withdrew their offer. It was their prerogative. Selling is not easy. I likened it to buying a car of the neighbour only to see a row on the drive when the missus complaining at the sale carying kids in each arm.

It like fishing and blaming the fish for not allowing itself to be caught. Argument they have been hard done by are fake in my opinion. They went to legal people when relegation was on the horizon and could not find anyone to fund a case. It took them 6 years and many have given up on them.

They, not surprisingly are seen as time wasters by some. One way to demonstrate their commitment to the club and win back respect is to reinvest their £500k settlement back into the club. To radical for old men money hoarders who sit on cash devaluing currently by 0.5%-0.75% a month.

I trust SIlverstein . He has been given keys to Fairwood and is not even an formal owner. If he tells me he wants to invest he will. He ended the 6 year stand off on his family holiday last Christmas. 'Chwarae teg' good work. Looks like a bloke who gets things done. He tends to be around in transfer windows. He now has to determine if Ogbeta was really a dud signing. Managers are prima donnas and sulk when they do not get what they want. Cooper got Goykers but sent him back then complained at having no suitable no 9. He had Peterson a goal scoring winger b he wanted and played him 17 minutes. Cooper sulked when Winter was forced to sell him after Peterson and his agent demanded a move.

DC United and Swansea account are entirely separate as you already know. There is no relegation in USA so the risk profile is entirely different. The only money going out would be consultancy fees given in the accounts and any interest on loans given in the accounts.

I want DC united to do well but not at the expense of Swansea. I want to see synergies and hoped Wayne could take on Bennett on loan. Dhanda almost went to DC United which would have been idea for him Instead he took all his Swansea cash and is now at Ross County. The kid had is calculator out at 23 years old. I would have jumped at it.

It is a peculiarity of fans to object to synergies. Synergies are good for business. Fans do not understand business and do not care. This is why their holding in the club is not performing.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 14:34]

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:42 - Aug 12 with 769 viewsjojaca

I personally believe nobody will pay £15 million plus for him. Still a huge gamble for anyone wanting him. I just think he lacks pace for top flight football and last season could be a fluke, zero goals so far.

Even when you know, you never know?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:09 - Aug 12 with 737 viewsKeithHaynes

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:42 - Aug 12 by jojaca

I personally believe nobody will pay £15 million plus for him. Still a huge gamble for anyone wanting him. I just think he lacks pace for top flight football and last season could be a fluke, zero goals so far.

And Martin stating players are being distracted won’t help.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:22 - Aug 12 with 727 viewspencoedjack

Being realistic I think clubs will be looking at Brereton Díaz at Blackburn before Piroe.

Not his fault but unless he bangs in a couple before the end of August there is no chance he will leave for big money.

I'm a massive fan of Piroe as well.
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 15:56 - Aug 12 with 689 viewspete

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 14:30 - Aug 12 by ReslovenSwan1

You like many other have bought a fake narrative watered and cultivated on forums. No one has ever promised the "next level". It is a myth. This is not surprising as few have dared to question this narrative. I did, and got banned on SCFC2 without breaking any rules. Only one way of thinking was allowed. I was amazed at the abuse and pseudo threats I got simply for arguing against the legal route.

What was said was the new owners have deeper pockets and could invest. If the CLN is converted it is investment. They called it an investment themselves.

Potter was backed to the tune of £7m. He demanded total control of signings and his signing were terrible. Asoro Mckay Celina and John. The "non negotiable four" all drummed out by Cooper after a 5-1 surrender to QPR. Potter sulked after the US owners declined to buy Ryan Woods for £7m. Ryan Who? Yes Woods free transfer to Millwall last season. Another dud.

There were no shenanigans with the sale. The Trust did not want to sell and did not. They told everyone else their shares would "never be for sale" in 2015. It wa publicised and no one contradicted it at the time. They wanted more shares not less. They still after 20 years have never sold one of their shares.

Selling need a willing buyer and a willing seller they talked for four months and an offer was made 2017. The SCST was in chaos with two resignations in the face of hostility to the sale the seller withdrew their offer. It was their prerogative. Selling is not easy. I likened it to buying a car of the neighbour only to see a row on the drive when the missus complaining at the sale carying kids in each arm.

It like fishing and blaming the fish for not allowing itself to be caught. Argument they have been hard done by are fake in my opinion. They went to legal people when relegation was on the horizon and could not find anyone to fund a case. It took them 6 years and many have given up on them.

They, not surprisingly are seen as time wasters by some. One way to demonstrate their commitment to the club and win back respect is to reinvest their £500k settlement back into the club. To radical for old men money hoarders who sit on cash devaluing currently by 0.5%-0.75% a month.

I trust SIlverstein . He has been given keys to Fairwood and is not even an formal owner. If he tells me he wants to invest he will. He ended the 6 year stand off on his family holiday last Christmas. 'Chwarae teg' good work. Looks like a bloke who gets things done. He tends to be around in transfer windows. He now has to determine if Ogbeta was really a dud signing. Managers are prima donnas and sulk when they do not get what they want. Cooper got Goykers but sent him back then complained at having no suitable no 9. He had Peterson a goal scoring winger b he wanted and played him 17 minutes. Cooper sulked when Winter was forced to sell him after Peterson and his agent demanded a move.

DC United and Swansea account are entirely separate as you already know. There is no relegation in USA so the risk profile is entirely different. The only money going out would be consultancy fees given in the accounts and any interest on loans given in the accounts.

I want DC united to do well but not at the expense of Swansea. I want to see synergies and hoped Wayne could take on Bennett on loan. Dhanda almost went to DC United which would have been idea for him Instead he took all his Swansea cash and is now at Ross County. The kid had is calculator out at 23 years old. I would have jumped at it.

It is a peculiarity of fans to object to synergies. Synergies are good for business. Fans do not understand business and do not care. This is why their holding in the club is not performing.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 14:34]

Thanks for the reply but i stil disagree so we will leave it there, best wishes
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:52 - Aug 12 with 580 viewsReslovenSwan1

I would be very surprised if last season was a fluke. I am more concerned about Obafemi who has in pre season mis controlled and missed too chances and may have concentration issues. Both are up and coming and in their early twenties with years on their contracts. Neither have shown the ability to bury headers up to now.

Cullen is particularly weak in this aspect as well. There is an element of bravery to heading a ball. I think Bidwell thought what is the point of putting in crosses and chose to meet up with his old mate Goykeres.

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:53 - Aug 12 with 584 viewsshingle

Thing is why would anybody pay 15 mill when most will have a good idea that these owners of ours would happily knock at least a third of that to make sure they get the sale i think when many see the figure we get for him if and when he goes are going to be very disappointed, others not so much as they would have been expecting it.
Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:58 - Aug 12 with 575 viewsCatullus

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:53 - Aug 12 by shingle

Thing is why would anybody pay 15 mill when most will have a good idea that these owners of ours would happily knock at least a third of that to make sure they get the sale i think when many see the figure we get for him if and when he goes are going to be very disappointed, others not so much as they would have been expecting it.

The way we've started there's not likely to be a 10 million offer for him. we'll be lucky to get 6-7!

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:06 - Aug 12 with 567 viewsSTID2017

I am sure he will come good.
If we do sell him, his goals will be hard to replace

It will be a mistake IMHO

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:19 - Aug 12 with 558 viewsReslovenSwan1

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 18:53 - Aug 12 by shingle

Winter is an experienced man. The US owners put in £13m of their own money and received upward of £9m for Downes.

They were prepared to wheel and deal selling Roberts and Lowe cheaply but only because they could bring in Obafemi and Piroe cheaply as well. It was good low cost trading. Fisher Wood and Darling were brought at reasonable prices if Fisher van prove himself as a regular.

They did the deal of the century selling Sigurdson for an astonishing £45m. Selling players has not the clubs problem. Buying good replacements has been the problem.

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:23 - Aug 12 with 558 viewsSTID2017

Time now to listen to any offers for Piroe ? on 19:19 - Aug 12 by ReslovenSwan1

Winter is an experienced man. The US owners put in £13m of their own money and received upward of £9m for Downes.

They were prepared to wheel and deal selling Roberts and Lowe cheaply but only because they could bring in Obafemi and Piroe cheaply as well. It was good low cost trading. Fisher Wood and Darling were brought at reasonable prices if Fisher van prove himself as a regular.

They did the deal of the century selling Sigurdson for an astonishing £45m. Selling players has not the clubs problem. Buying good replacements has been the problem.

Replacing Piroe will be especially difficult.
That said, I think they would sell first then worry about the consequences after

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024