Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK 18:56 - Aug 12 with 1186 viewsKeithHaynes

And the UK doesn’t choose any venues in Wales or Northern Ireland. Six in Sngmand and one in Scotland.

I was going to say something of the ridiculous coverage of the commonwealth games focussing primarily on England when Wales won two medals, they weren’t even mentioned.

You would have thought the inclusive focus of the BBC and of course the ‘United kingdom’ those days are over. Lucky we are not a country of colour eh ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 19:11 - Aug 12 with 1073 viewsSirjohnalot

A councillor or something like that from Birmingham was on the radio this week , he said something like the venue and to be available for around 8 week to be considered for all the prelims and semis etc.
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 19:15 - Aug 12 with 1069 viewsCatullus

Cardiff was the first place mentioned when it first came up about the UK. The Cardiff mayor said they wouldn't enter the race because they'd have to cancel to many other events to be able to fit Eurovision in.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 19:40 - Aug 12 with 1043 viewsBoundy

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 19:15 - Aug 12 by Catullus

Cardiff was the first place mentioned when it first came up about the UK. The Cardiff mayor said they wouldn't enter the race because they'd have to cancel to many other events to be able to fit Eurovision in.

So Cardiff withdrew and the rest of us stew

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:31 - Aug 12 with 1009 viewsonehunglow

Got to be Liverpool ffs

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 07:53 - Aug 13 with 961 viewsTogg

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:31 - Aug 12 by onehunglow

Got to be Liverpool ffs

Have absolutely no interest in this borefest. Absolutely shite songs by shite artists. Muzak for the musically illiterate. Give me a good festival with some decent bands and artists any day.
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 08:15 - Aug 13 with 955 viewsfelixstowe_jack

That was because nowhere in Wales asked to host the song contest. Cities throughout the UK were invited to apply. Belfast applied but did not make the shortlist.

Cardiff thought about it but said it would cause too much disruption to other events planned and withdrew its expression of interest

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 09:03 - Aug 13 with 945 viewsSandanista

If you don't put your name in the hat it's not gonna happen. Cardiff was only viable candidate in Wales, nowhere else has a large enough indoor venue.They withdrew.

I reckon it's a fight between Brum, Glasgow, Manchester and Liverpool. The location of Liverpool's and Glasgow's facilities on waterfronts gives an advantage. Both look good on TV and have close by facilities. Liverpool's crap airport won't help but Manchester is only 40 miles away.
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 12:48 - Aug 13 with 916 viewsKeithHaynes

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 08:15 - Aug 13 by felixstowe_jack

That was because nowhere in Wales asked to host the song contest. Cities throughout the UK were invited to apply. Belfast applied but did not make the shortlist.

Cardiff thought about it but said it would cause too much disruption to other events planned and withdrew its expression of interest

Belfast didn’t make the short list.
Tells me all I need to know.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 13:38 - Aug 13 with 899 viewsSandanista

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 12:48 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

Weaker facilities and less accommodation that the shortlist-B'Hm and MCR have the capacity, Glasgow and Liverpool adjoining conference centres for press and the rest. Cardiff would have had do be Principality.

I think it will Liverpool or Glasgow
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 15:24 - Aug 13 with 885 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

What a bizarre post. The last sentence especially. I'm amazed it is still up a day later.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 15:29 - Aug 13 with 883 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 12:48 - Aug 13 by KeithHaynes

Clearly their bid was not in the top 7.

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 844 viewsonehunglow

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 09:03 - Aug 13 by Sandanista

If you don't put your name in the hat it's not gonna happen. Cardiff was only viable candidate in Wales, nowhere else has a large enough indoor venue.They withdrew.

I reckon it's a fight between Brum, Glasgow, Manchester and Liverpool. The location of Liverpool's and Glasgow's facilities on waterfronts gives an advantage. Both look good on TV and have close by facilities. Liverpool's crap airport won't help but Manchester is only 40 miles away.

Speak to people on the north west where they would rather fly from.
Liverpool is a world city with outstanding musical heritage and not just the Beatles
A city that welcomes visitors

A natural choice and it will get the nod

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 837 viewsraynor94

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 21:33 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

Liverpool is a world city with outstanding musical heritage and not just the Beatles

Sincerely hope so, by far the best of the contenders

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:47 - Aug 13 with 826 viewsonehunglow

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:04 - Aug 13 by raynor94

Sincerely hope so, by far the best of the contenders

Can’t stand it myself Ray.
Those foreigners don’t like us ,mun.

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 23:05 - Aug 13 with 816 viewsSirjohnalot

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 21:33 - Aug 13 by onehunglow

As an adopted Manc have to come out for them.

Do love Liverpool, superb city
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 23:28 - Aug 13 with 813 viewsbritferry

I wish they would Make Their Minds Up

They need to speed it up, not slow it down

Don't let your indecision
Take you from behind
Trust your inner vision
Don't let others change your mind

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 15:56 - Aug 17 with 712 viewscontroversial_jack

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 23:28 - Aug 13 by britferry

I wish they would Make Their Minds Up

They need to speed it up, not slow it down

Don't let your indecision
Take you from behind
Trust your inner vision
Don't let others change your mind

Relax, "it's just a land of make believe."
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 15:56]
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 16:38 - Aug 17 with 689 viewsonehunglow

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 23:05 - Aug 13 by Sirjohnalot

As an adopted Manc have to come out for them.

Do love Liverpool, superb city

Jon. It’s made for it.
When the cruises dock,it is seen as one of the best cities of all to visit .
The problem areas are not really where visitors go. Just as well really.

I’ve found the case with scouserscto be either the best or worst people you could possibly meet. Bad ones are real problems and right at you The good ones would really help you out if in a jam. Incredibly generous but they do tend to be gobby and not exactly reticent .

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:00 - Aug 17 with 631 viewsKilkennyjack

Todays union is over.
Even Prof Drakers has said it, reform it or its dust.

UK govt paying to make welsh coal tips safe would be meaningful.
And pay a fair market rate for our water.
And give us our fair share of HS2 like Scotland had.
And match the EU funding that their Brexit lost us.

All very reasonable requests, but the English Tories see all the Celts as second rate peoples.

Truss’s language about the elected governments of Cymru and Scotland is revealing.
Apparently she going to hold our governments to account.
Of course its the people of Cymru and Scotland that hold those governments to account.

Liz meanwhile will be picked by 180,000 Tory members. This tiny group, which works out to about 0.29 per cent of the population, will decide the next prime minister.
They have zero mandate in Cymru or Scotland.

Beware of the Risen People

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:21 - Aug 17 with 620 viewsraynor94

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:00 - Aug 17 by Kilkennyjack

Todays union is over.

All very reasonable requests, but the English Tories see all the Celts as second rate peoples.

Truss’s language about the elected governments of Cymru and Scotland is revealing.
Of course its the people of Cymru and Scotland that hold those governments to account.

Liz meanwhile will be picked by 180,000 Tory members. This tiny group, which works out to about 0.29 per cent of the population, will decide the next prime minister.

So who is going to get the Eurovision?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:24 - Aug 17 with 619 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Todays union is over.

Not sure what your anti British rant has to do with the Eurovision Song contest. Perhaps you could not understand the title of the post?

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 00:24 - Aug 18 with 606 viewsTreforys_Jack

Todays union is over.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the thread, but great rant fair play
Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 03:50 - Aug 18 with 594 viewsKilkennyjack

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 22:21 - Aug 17 by raynor94

So who is going to get the Eurovision?

Birmingham

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 03:52 - Aug 18 with 592 viewsKilkennyjack

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 00:24 - Aug 18 by Treforys_Jack

Nothing whatsoever to do with the thread, but great rant fair play

Thank you for the support comrade 👍🤣

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 08:46 - Aug 18 with 545 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Eurovision Song Contest awarded to the UK on 03:52 - Aug 18 by Kilkennyjack

Thank you for the support comrade 👍🤣

Yes he said a rant nothing to do with the topic. Not sure that is support from a comrade just laughing at you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024