Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest 15:46 - Aug 14 with 704 viewsKeithHaynes

Have assembled a very decent team under Cooper.

Cook has just come on, 31 I think. Proper defender, just what you need when you are 1-0 up.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Forest on 15:47 - Aug 14 with 702 viewsBadlands

He had a decent team here and bottled it … twice.
Spent £98, 000,000 recouped £4,500,000
With wages they have to stay up or they will be in trouble if relegated.
By the way how mnay of the new players won a World Cup with England?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 15:51]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Forest on 15:54 - Aug 14 with 679 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest on 15:47 - Aug 14 by Badlands

You can’t “bottle” something you aren’t expected to do.

Wales didn’t “bottle” it against Portugal in the Semis of the Euros, they came up against a better team.

Cooper has only ever lost a play off game to a team who finished higher than his club, that so happened to be Brentford twice, who at the time were a Premier League team in waiting (as they are showing) - just beat Man United 4-0.

The fact we got there at all was remarkable.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Forest on 15:56 - Aug 14 with 663 viewsKeithHaynes

Unless it’s crown green bowls I wouldn’t know.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Forest on 16:08 - Aug 14 with 628 viewsnantywatcher

Ridiculous opening sentence. The lack of any footballing knowledge on here is mind blowing.
Forest on 16:15 - Aug 14 with 610 viewsjojaca

Forest on 16:08 - Aug 14 by nantywatcher

Ridiculous opening sentence. The lack of any footballing knowledge on here is mind blowing.

I liked the way they attacked, direct only need 2/3 passes to get from A to B, not 30/40 passes like us. It was more enjoyable to watch, I do miss attacking pacey players.

Even when you know, you never know?

Forest on 22:04 - Aug 14 with 521 viewsAndyCole

Good thread.

So good to see the hardworking Welshman Coops & Tate show get their hard earned victory over perennial high flying Hammers. So great to see Welshman Johnson absolutely flourishing under Welshman Cooper. 

Coops is such the pragmatic winner - in such stark contrast to Martin and his pie in the sky impractical losing brand.

The Coops and Tate show is a joy to behold in the EPL. Has to be the most proper Swans fans' best supported EPL team this term. 

Moyes at Everton would regularly demolish the Swansea Way.  Coops and Tate have now demolished Moyes.  Fair play and proper kudos, in so many ways.

Give me a young manager with a winning (at the very top level) pedigree, over a BS merchant like Martine failed manager, all day.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Forest on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 516 viewsFireboy2

A Newcastle fan mate of mine who actually played league football told me they were awful against them a week ago, cooper needs to develop an attacking mind if they are to stay up.
Forest on 22:19 - Aug 14 with 495 viewsReslovenSwan1

Forest on 22:04 - Aug 14 by AndyCole

Good thread.

So good to see the hardworking Welshman Coops & Tate show get their hard earned victory over perennial high flying Hammers. So great to see Welshman Johnson absolutely flourishing under Welshman Cooper. 

Coops is such the pragmatic winner - in such stark contrast to Martin and his pie in the sky impractical losing brand.

The Coops and Tate show is a joy to behold in the EPL. Has to be the most proper Swans fans' best supported EPL team this term. 

Moyes at Everton would regularly demolish the Swansea Way.  Coops and Tate have now demolished Moyes.  Fair play and proper kudos, in so many ways.

Give me a young manager with a winning (at the very top level) pedigree, over a BS merchant like Martine failed manager, all day.

Why have you put an e on Martin's name.? I hate this Brenda nonsense as well. Are you deliberately feminising the current manager for some reason? And if so to what purpose.? Both managers play a more artistic game and Brendan gave Swansea massive success. Is it a reference to a more aesthetic form of football?

Cooper and Moyes ate pragmatists and fit into the Peter Risdale model of assuming a league position based on Financial input. I am quite surprised Cooper has gone on an orgy of spending dumping Keinan Davis already. This demonstrates very clearly why he was not suitable manager for Swansea. He knew it Winter knew it and Levien knew it.

He did well for Swansea and a Welsh version of Moyes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

Forest on 22:21 - Aug 14 with 493 viewsraynor94

Forest on 22:04 - Aug 14 by AndyCole

Good thread.

Demolished Moyes? They won't get a more freaky win all season.

West Ham should have won it easily.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Forest on 22:52 - Aug 14 with 467 viewsAndyCole

Forest on 22:21 - Aug 14 by raynor94

Demolished Moyes? They won't get a more freaky win all season.

West Ham should have won it easily.

Whoosh.

Your ill-thought prejudice is blinding you Rayns - in so many ways, nowadays. Finger so not on the pulse, as per. Not a good look. Get a grip up there in Mount not so Pleasant, Rayns.

Forest had it in the bag half time, after a commanding display. Only one team in it . The fans' evangelical 12th man helped secure the dominance. Coops cleverly steered them home.

If only Martin could find that same 12th man. The elusive fist a-pumpin evangelical 12th man........... hey Rayns.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Forest on 23:02 - Aug 14 with 464 viewsQJumpingJack

What is the story of why it took Cooper to leave six weeks after the play-off final?
Why didn't he leave immediately after Wembley?

If you remember it felt deliberate the club website was keeping him out of any interviews/videos during the early days of pre-season.
Forest on 23:09 - Aug 14 with 455 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done Mr Cooper.

Beware of the Risen People

Forest on 23:11 - Aug 14 with 452 viewsOptimisticJack

Forest on 23:02 - Aug 14 by QJumpingJack

What is the story of why it took Cooper to leave six weeks after the play-off final?
Why didn't he leave immediately after Wembley?

If you remember it felt deliberate the club website was keeping him out of any interviews/videos during the early days of pre-season.

He was sulking prior to the play off final against Brentford.
For that I will never forgive him.

Optimisticjack

Forest on 23:14 - Aug 14 with 448 viewsQJumpingJack

why was he sulking ? he was up for it against Barnsley.

It doesn't add up.
Forest on 23:14 - Aug 14 with 447 viewsraynor94

Forest on 22:52 - Aug 14 by AndyCole

Whoosh.

Your ill-thought prejudice is blinding you Rayns - in so many ways, nowadays. Finger so not on the pulse, as per. Not a good look. Get a grip up there in Mount not so Pleasant, Rayns.

Forest had it in the bag half time, after a commanding display. Only one team in it . The fans' evangelical 12th man helped secure the dominance. Coops cleverly steered them home.

If only Martin could find that same 12th man. The elusive fist a-pumpin evangelical 12th man........... hey Rayns.

I know you like a bit of controversial, but come on, underside of the bar twice, missed pen, Henderson had a great game.

The Forest goal wasn't scored in anger, it bounced off his shin

But Forest did play a high tempo game, their home form is going to be crucial

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Forest on 23:22 - Aug 14 with 438 viewsAndyCole

Forest on 22:19 - Aug 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Why have you put an e on Martin's name.? I hate this Brenda nonsense as well. Are you deliberately feminising the current manager for some reason? And if so to what purpose.? Both managers play a more artistic game and Brendan gave Swansea massive success. Is it a reference to a more aesthetic form of football?

Cooper and Moyes ate pragmatists and fit into the Peter Risdale model of assuming a league position based on Financial input. I am quite surprised Cooper has gone on an orgy of spending dumping Keinan Davis already. This demonstrates very clearly why he was not suitable manager for Swansea. He knew it Winter knew it and Levien knew it.

Not quite sure how to unravel that mate, fair play.

So allow me to turn the table:
- do you think pragmatist Cooper earned the right to sign Piroe in the Jan window - his long term target ?
- do you think Coops was shat upon by Wunter when he chose to not support now EPL Manager Coops and decline to sign Coops' long term target which woulda launched us into the EPL ?
- do you therefore think Wunter is as hapless as I know he is ? And a Wunter-Martin axis ain't good for the Swans, now or ever ?

Coops' Forest is rightfully enjoying life in the EPL. Meanwhile we are stuck with Martin, ultimately a losing brand with nothing to hang on to in terms if a winning heritage.

It ain't good. You think ?

Forest on 23:27 - Aug 14 with 435 viewsDr_Parnassus

Forest on 22:19 - Aug 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Didn’t he get from 24th to 3rd with a similar spending output to us?

Not heard you describe Graham Potter as “spending like a Peter Ridsdale model”. I believe they have the net spend that nestles somewhere in the top 8 of the Premier League.

His Forest side play fantastic football, pace and excitement throughout. Did you forget the 5-1 and 4—1 hidings he gave us last season?

9-2 on aggregate, doesn’t sound like pragmatism to me.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Forest on 23:47 - Aug 14 with 424 viewsAndyCole

Forest on 23:11 - Aug 14 by OptimisticJack

He was sulking prior to the play off final against Brentford.
For that I will never forgive him.

Grow up, mwsh.

Coops delivered against all odds. Time and again.

But it was never good enough for the Pathetic Plastics here.

A clutch of us proper fans, realists, ever-the-optimists at the time said: 'careful what you wish for, dumb as heck hecks'.

We are now still languishing ever so lowly with one of our worst ever gobshite managers.

Go figure, folks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024