Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren's recent past. 01:36 - Oct 1 with 2019 viewsramdanj

A good article that sums up McClaren's recent history as a manager.

Not really that rosey and we can only hope he reverses it - definitely worth a read.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/steve-mcclaren-appoi

Allons-y!

McClaren's recent past. on 00:36 - Oct 3 with 1991 viewspkay_brum

Seems a little more relevant to focus on Mac's superior coaching credentials, managerial experience, and achievements with Man Utd, Boro and Twente.

Forest is a joke club and Wolfsburg a misjudgement - doesn't make Steve M a dud or a dunce. I think even Trees fans will secretly be more worried about a Derby challenge than they were with Clough in situ.

So much wrist-slashing over Clough's departure... fact - on results, it's unsurprising, even if the timing was harsh.

However, think on this: what if we'd lost to Ipswich and Leeds, then had to brood on five home defeats during the two-week international break, to wonder what Nigel might do about it all when we resume and go to Watford to try and get back on track?

How long would people like Derby to piddle around in the mid-lower part of the table?

We can save the 'board out' knee-jerking for a while, I'd say, to see how Mac gets the squad to respond and observe the loan/transfer policy over the next 4 months.

There was no storming of the barricades on Tuesday night, was there - despite the online sobbing and hand-wringing? People at the game wanted a fresh start, by and large.

Sorry Nigel, it's time to give the club a future, not merely an existence (but Mr Rush has to deliver on his promises, of course!!)
McClaren's recent past. on 02:33 - Oct 4 with 1962 viewspremierclass

I agree a fresh start was needed.. The poor results at home so far along with many less than sparkling performances last season led me to a state of indifference. I went on Tuesday with mixed feelings but saw a game that in the 2nd half at least was worth every penny. It was the best entertainment in a long while. We have some good players but I feel Nigel has not been able to get the best from them. He has also signed a few duffers! McClaren and his fellow coaches have far more experience and achievements in their roles than their predecessors and we can be optimistic that they will get more out of the squad we have.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024