Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ex-Ram Tom strikes & now faces shearing! 17:20 - Dec 28 with 1963 viewsdavram

Great day for Tom Huddlestone today - the former Rams prodigy (nicked from F*rest) celebrated his 27th birthday with a stunning strike for Hull City as they demolished Fulham 6-0.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25474691

He'll now honour his charity pledge for his wild Afro hair to be sheared, having scored his first League goal since April 2011.

Tom has always been a player of great skill, even when deployed as a defender in difficult times when he was just a youngster at Pride Park Stadium, and is now showing his true quality with a regular place in Steve Bruce's improving team.

He's the sort of player we'll need if Derby's current rate of progress is maintained.
Ex-Ram Tom strikes & now faces shearing! on 18:55 - Dec 29 with 1935 viewshemingway

Outside bet for the world cup squad? In sweltering heat they'll need someone who can put his foot on the ball in a slow game and play the right pass to feet.

Still makes me grind my teeth when I remember how he was sold.

ranting for the greater good

Ex-Ram Tom strikes & now faces shearing! on 11:44 - Dec 30 with 1925 viewsdavram

Well, if Tom continues to excel and Hull make their mark, he'd be ideal for theEngland squad in Brazil as a strong, holding midfielder who has a good range of passing and, as you say, will have the rare quality of slowing the game to an acceptable pace in the heat.

The more average midfielders from fashionable clubs are likely to get the nod, like "crab" Carrick (who hardly ever plays a forward ball or ventures over the halfway line) or Cleverley, who's headless chicken approach in scurrying around to no great effect would fizzle out in Brazil after 30 mins, so Tom might well miss out.

Post-Brazil soul-searching, with a revival of the eternal need to find players capable of matching the "continental style" of possession football might then give him a chance....but not holding breath.
Ex-Ram Tom strikes & now faces shearing! on 10:38 - Jan 3 with 1890 viewsdavram

Update on Tom's crop for charity - well done!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25582565

About £35k raised for cancer research; I wonder if that sum excludes the cost of the skip needed to uplift the shaggy shearings.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024