Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mac The Market Operator! 17:14 - Jan 4 with 1886 viewspkay_brum

Steve McClaren has wasted no time in in the transfer window, ensuring Derby have some strength in depth ready for the 2nd half of the season.

He's secured the talented and under-rated Simon Dawkins from Spurs on a permanent deal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25595196

This comes straight after securing defenders Whitbread (Leics) and Keane (Man Utd) on further loans, and nabbing Nothingham-born Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford (who scored the equaliser at Wigan today, in MK Dons' creditable 3-3 FA Cup draw at Wigan).

Bamford has a good scoring record and with this Nothingham boy signing for Derby, might set Billy Davies' teeth gnashing a bit...ohh to see Patrick score the winner soon in the Rams vs. Trees Championship clash!

There's probably more transfer action to come at Derby - in and out.

Unlike Derby's last January promotion-push recruitment drive (under Wee Billy), these players look useful.

All quiet in Nothingham, however...is that a sign of the Forest chairman's waning confidence in mouthy Davies?
Mac The Market Operator! on 11:10 - Jan 5 with 1865 viewsowderrammy

Yes pkay I think our new manager is a smart operator. As for Billy Davis, well here was a manager who would not pick our priciest player, Rob Earnshaw, and yet strangely bought him for Forest and played him week after week. I would love to know the answer to that question.

Strangely I believe if Billy had been in charge for the whole season, yes we would still have been relegated but with more than those 11 measly points, a blot on our records and a total that will never be lowered. However the following manager was even worse. Yes Paul Jewel was certainly no diamond and when he went on national TV and said "I would sell all of the Derby players, but who would buy them," I thought the people who appointed this disaster must have been even bigger idiots.

I have great faith in our present owners and am certain that Derby County under the aegis of Maclaren will move on to greater things.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024