Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get the Money Out? 10:34 - Jan 11 with 2346 viewsRabbram10

If we are going to be real challengers to a playoff spot this season, we need to strengthen the spine of the team, ie Goalie, CH, Strong Holding Midfielder & a bit more pace on the Wing at the expense of Ward who at the present is going throw the motions IMO?
Huddersfield have splashed £2M on a League 1 Player so surely we can compete with them, so called big club we are with a bunch of miserable owners, let's go for it & if we fail miserably so be it, we don't have to break the bank or the club to get a few players in surely we still have some decent money to spend, that's what Rush said when he appointed Mac, so let's see the Cash then Rushy!
Hopefully moving Ball & Freeman out to Notts County will allow us to bring a couple in, we live in Optimism!
[Post edited 11 Jan 2014 12:03]
Get the Money Out? on 15:02 - Jan 11 with 2332 viewsowderrammy

We have no top quality pace or goal scoring bite up front Rabb. Our team pass well and work hard, but unlike Leicester who had 3 attackers with frightening pace and thunderbolt shots, our lack of these qualities mean we can only score from close range. Basically what I am saying is we are 1 dimensional whereas they are 3 dimensional.

It is apparent to me that we need to start thinking at a minimum level of 1 and a half million upward to get the type of players to advance our cause. I am afraid a half million at todays rates is not good enough. Come on boardroom the Derby faithful have shown their commitment in their thousands recently, how about you returning that faith in the millions? Remember, any club that wants to play with the big boys needs to pay the same as the big boys.
Get the Money Out? on 20:36 - Jan 12 with 2298 viewsdavram

I personally don't care if Huddersfield have splashed £2M on a League 1 Player - and reckon that Steve Mac & Co are getting more out of the existing players than was previously the case.

Will Nahki Wells, at that money, ultimately prove to be that much better than Martin, Russell, Dawkins or the improving Bennett?

Extra pace & width might soon be found with Bamford in any case, though I do agree that Ward doesn't really have the composure or ability to be more than a Championship squad player. His recent displays have been very disappointing.

After this season's changes, the team's marked progress and the prospect of more funds for squad development, do we really need to describe DCFC as having "a bunch of miserable owners"?

Fact - we are already challenging in a play-off position at present, Rabb, and I don't think that Mac Simmo & Eric will look for excuses for failure or settle for a couple more points by early May.

It's only early January, and we can now say that "Phase One" of the Mac era is now over, ending with a "reality check " bump. The last 3 games in particular have told him (& us) plenty about what needs to be done, and we do also have some good players to return from injury.

At present, I have no reason not to trust Mac (& for that matter, Chris Evans & Sam Rush) to bolster the squad and fine tune the team. It is quite a young team and they are certainly not used to the pressures of challenging in the top six.

I'd suggest that some of the fans aren't used to this scenario either, and hope that a default response of negativity from some can be overcome in time.

Has it become more of a pleasure than a duty to watch the Rams recently, or am I a lone voice?
Get the Money Out? on 11:43 - Jan 13 with 2276 viewsjiggyjag

So we lose 2 league games on the bounce and all of a sudden we have strength in depth issues.

Can anyone honestly say that before the season started we would be in 4th position with the squad we had come the end of 2013, well I surely didn't and only with the appointment of the new manager and the signing of 3/4 players has this transpired.

It is obvious that the management has worked wonders so far and I'm hoping this continues either with or without the introduction of new personnel.

At the start of the season I didn't feel we would finish anywhere above 10th position and should we carry on competing for a play off spot until the end of the season then I would consider that to be a bonus.

I like every fan of the club would love them to invest £10 million pounds but that still wouldn't guarantee automatic promotion you only have to look at QPR to realise that.

I'm sure the management are fully aware as to what is needed and I don't feel they will stand around and miss an opportunity should a player become available that fits into the teams structure.
Get the Money Out? on 14:32 - Jan 13 with 2268 viewsRabbram10

All points taken on board guys, but my point is now we are very very close to a top 2 finish, the closest we've been for many a year, why not go for that rather than a playoff spot?
I think with a couple of additions we would be better equipped for a challenge on top 2 place with the present squad we are still a bit light, that's my point!
It could be a long time before we are in the same position, hindsight and all that!
Push the boat out & go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get the Money Out? on 18:33 - Jan 13 with 2263 viewsdavram

Sorry Rabb - I just don't think that we are quite that close yet to a Top 2 finish. The teams above us at present, and possibly a couple of others around & about the top 6, probably do have that quality.

Leicester & QPR most obviously. I'd say, but Burnley are staying the course well.

Don't forget that some of our rivals might lose players this month, too - some of the Prem strugglers are scratching around for new blood, and F*rest might yet lose two defenders (shame).

No manager has a magic wand, this team probably needs experience - of playing together AND of challenging at the business end of the table - at least as much as it needs any more players.

We don't know whether Steve Mac will wield any major squad surgery this month that might improve the odds for us, though the present indications are that such changes are unlikely.

The League programme will settle down now, time for coaching & recovery from an intense period of games.
Get the Money Out? on 21:10 - Jan 13 with 2251 viewsowderrammy

A sobering thought lads, we have played 10 games against the current top 10 teams and won just 8 points. Yes there is an improvement with the team and the board do seem to be making an honest effort but I believe we are play off, not automatic promotion material. I think that brilliant run of victories made our hearts rule our minds, but here's hoping..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024