Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs in Brum 13:01 - Jan 23 with 1980 viewsRebMegJack

Which pubs would you recommend for the Away supporters.

#livingthedream

Pubs in Brum on 13:07 - Jan 23 with 1961 viewsJackhero

I read somewhere the 'Arches' or 'Archers' Pub by the coach station is a good one as it's full of older sensible fans as they serve real ale. This is where I'll be heading unless somebody says otherwise.

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Pubs in Brum on 13:08 - Jan 23 with 1955 viewsairedale

Pubs in Brum on 13:07 - Jan 23 by Jackhero

I read somewhere the 'Arches' or 'Archers' Pub by the coach station is a good one as it's full of older sensible fans as they serve real ale. This is where I'll be heading unless somebody says otherwise.

Don't wear you head dress.
Pubs in Brum on 13:14 - Jan 23 with 1940 viewspencoedjack

The Railway bus stopped in a decent pub en route to Villa in a town called something Heights if memory serves me right.

Cheap / decent food good craic.
Pubs in Brum on 13:14 - Jan 23 with 1939 viewsJackhero

Pubs in Brum on 13:08 - Jan 23 by airedale

Don't wear you head dress.

eh? I won't be wearing team colours if that's what you mean.

Pubs in Brum on 13:23 - Jan 23 with 1919 viewsmonmouth

Pubs in Brum on 13:14 - Jan 23 by Jackhero

but will you put an apple on your head?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pubs in Brum on 13:29 - Jan 23 with 1886 viewsstevethejack

'Manchester Stores' is their usual stopping off place, on an industrial estate.
Pubs in Brum on 13:39 - Jan 23 with 1872 viewsairedale

Pubs in Brum on 13:14 - Jan 23 by Jackhero

I was referring to your avatar. That would give real ale fans an awful shock imo.
Pubs in Brum on 13:42 - Jan 23 with 1866 viewspencoedjack

Pubs in Brum on 13:29 - Jan 23 by stevethejack

'Manchester Stores' is their usual stopping off place, on an industrial estate.

That's the one ..... obviously had to many shandies en route
Login to get fewer ads

Pubs in Brum on 13:42 - Jan 23 with 1866 viewsJackhero

Pubs in Brum on 13:39 - Jan 23 by airedale

I was referring to your avatar. That would give real ale fans an awful shock imo.

it would give most people a shock if you walked into a pub with that on your head.

Pubs in Brum on 13:45 - Jan 23 with 1860 viewsairedale

Pubs in Brum on 13:42 - Jan 23 by Jackhero

it would give most people a shock if you walked into a pub with that on your head.

Ha ha, can you imagine clocking that coming through the door after 3 pints of Old Roger?
Pubs in Brum on 14:15 - Jan 23 with 1827 viewsPegojack

Herefordjack and contingent will be heading for pre match refreshments to Wetherspoons pub the Old Briar in Bennetts Hill, just round the corner from New Street Station. There's another Camra recommended pub, the Wellington, in the same street.

For all you Haggis lovers, Wetherspoons is promoting 'Burns Night' specials all this week - Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Scottie Dog (hot dog with haggis), Haggis Burger, etc. Loverley grub! Och Aye the Noo.

To get to ground, you can take taxi from New Street, or bus from a couple of streets away. Check out Football Grounds Guide website for bus details.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2014 14:18]
Pubs in Brum on 14:32 - Jan 23 with 1792 viewsbuilthjack

Pubs in Brum on 14:15 - Jan 23 by Pegojack

Herefordjack and contingent will be heading for pre match refreshments to Wetherspoons pub the Old Briar in Bennetts Hill, just round the corner from New Street Station. There's another Camra recommended pub, the Wellington, in the same street.

For all you Haggis lovers, Wetherspoons is promoting 'Burns Night' specials all this week - Haggis Neeps and Tatties, Scottie Dog (hot dog with haggis), Haggis Burger, etc. Loverley grub! Och Aye the Noo.

To get to ground, you can take taxi from New Street, or bus from a couple of streets away. Check out Football Grounds Guide website for bus details.

I went to the Wellington about 5 years ago, went to watch Brum v Hereford with some Mates who support Hereford. Great pub, no trouble, loads of real ales. They didn't do food, but plenty of takeaways nearby.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Pubs in Brum on 14:52 - Jan 23 with 1776 viewsGlyn1

Pubs in Brum on 14:15 - Jan 23 by Pegojack

Definitely take Herefordjack's recommendation and go to The Wellington, 37 Bennetts Hill, B2 5SN.

It's our regular pub for all the games in Brum. They're friendly and you'll see fans in both sets of club colours chatting to each other.

If you then go to the smoking area in the back, you're next to the Old Joint Stock pub (Fullers Brewery) which is also worth a visit, especially for the food.

I'm not sure about the Old Briar mentioned by Herefordjack because I'm wary of places that have bouncers on the door.

But if you combined all three pubs then you'd have an excellent mini-pub crawl, because they're all only a couple of minutes from each other.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Pubs in Brum on 15:42 - Jan 23 with 1739 viewsowainglyndwr

Pubs in Brum on 14:52 - Jan 23 by Glyn1

Definitely take Herefordjack's recommendation and go to The Wellington, 37 Bennetts Hill, B2 5SN.

It's our regular pub for all the games in Brum. They're friendly and you'll see fans in both sets of club colours chatting to each other.

If you then go to the smoking area in the back, you're next to the Old Joint Stock pub (Fullers Brewery) which is also worth a visit, especially for the food.

I'm not sure about the Old Briar mentioned by Herefordjack because I'm wary of places that have bouncers on the door.

But if you combined all three pubs then you'd have an excellent mini-pub crawl, because they're all only a couple of minutes from each other.

Just a word of warning, the last time that we played a league match there on the Boxing day we had our mini bus burnt out only a few streets away from the ground. Use the pay parking areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024