Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two Questions. 10:29 - Feb 2 with 3236 viewsGowerjack

1 - What's gone wrong?

2 - What's the remedy?

Sensible & constructive replies prefered.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Two Questions. on 22:14 - Feb 2 with 731 viewsSwansNZ

Two Questions. on 22:06 - Feb 2 by Molliemick

The results may be similar but the football we have played is much much much worse. Do we have a defensive coach? How intensive is training? Why is our play so much slower with no quick pass and move? Who cares about the cups? We must stay in the PL and the way things are going we may not.

...and the way things are going, we have a good chance of staying in the PL - depends if you are a glass half full kind of person, I guess. I lot on here are a glass is totally empty and smashed into a million pieces type of person.

I care about the cups. Did you honestly not enjoy winning the COC last season?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Two Questions. on 22:19 - Feb 2 with 725 viewsMolliemick

Two Questions. on 22:14 - Feb 2 by SwansNZ

...and the way things are going, we have a good chance of staying in the PL - depends if you are a glass half full kind of person, I guess. I lot on here are a glass is totally empty and smashed into a million pieces type of person.

I care about the cups. Did you honestly not enjoy winning the COC last season?

Last season we were in a comfortable position and the CC was bonus. The cups this season are a distraction. So, yes, I enjoyed Wembley, but I won't enjoy relegation.
Two Questions. on 22:26 - Feb 2 with 708 viewsSwansNZ

Two Questions. on 22:19 - Feb 2 by Molliemick

Last season we were in a comfortable position and the CC was bonus. The cups this season are a distraction. So, yes, I enjoyed Wembley, but I won't enjoy relegation.

so we only want to do well in the cups after we secure PL survival?

Nobody would enjoy relegation, but who knows, we just might not get relegated - you just never know.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Two Questions. on 22:36 - Feb 2 with 688 viewsAl_Bundy

Too many injuries
Too many games against squad depth and quality
Confidence has gone
certain individuals inn the squad are clearly not Prem standard
Too much reliance on Michu
No clear leadership on the pitch
No touchline management
Maybe too may Spaniards - creating division off the field !? possibly
Players going through the motions blaming each other
Poor Transfer dealings this window

Remedy

there are no short term fixes but the buck stops with most of the above with Laudrup and his assistants off the pitch and Ash on it.

We need to just get through the remainder of the season with hopefully the squad intact injury wise and get the points needed for safety. We can then re-group in the summer and rebuild again. Relegation would see a mass exodus of players.
Two Questions. on 22:42 - Feb 2 with 675 viewsMorfa_Same

Two Questions. on 18:56 - Feb 2 by jewsonjack

try again. Bony on the bench against wba

Eh?!?!

Two Questions. on 23:13 - Feb 2 with 648 viewsShins

ML does not target results against the 'top' sides. He tell us that, fact.
My thoughts:
We appear to play a percentage possession game in these cases to reduce the likelihood of giving the ball away. This means that we play in front of teams and try and keep the ball and don't risk losing possession by taking a player on to get to the byline. Neither do we send runners beyond the ball against the 'top' teams which greatly reduces our threat, we very rarely outnumber the opposition in their third of the pitch.
Maybe this tactic is used to try and reduce the possibility of heavy defeats and to maintain a reasonable goal difference, also often a tactic used to conserve energy (small squad, lots of games anyone)?
In my opinion it's also a tactic which can be overused and can sap a player's confidence by playing 'within' themselves too often. Don't sit in the comfort zone for too long, it's not good for you....

Now if we pick up a few more wins and just need to survive the season without conceding too many goals on the break them it may prove to be a sound tactic. Hopefully this will be the case but with the current form it seems likely that we're going to have to kick-on and change up a gear or two for more than just the odd 15 minutes at the end of a match.

Last season we sometimes burned out after the first 15 minutes of a match and didn't get going again until the last 20 minutes or so. Finding a tempo is key for our style of football, the killer for us is if our passing game doesn't get going early on. Opposition teams focus on this now and try and squeeze us early on, disrupt and upset out rhythm.

Maybe we should mix it up a bit as we do seem to be a bit naive at times? The guys who were making early runs off the ball earlier on in the season don't seem to be doing it so much now. Loss of confidence? Apathy? Fatigued?

If we can regain our mojo after a very difficult and tiring couple of months and maybe instead of expecting to win against our peers just focus on increasing our tempo and trying to win matches instead of just trying to avoid defeat then we'll still be in the EPL next season.
If not, well I think I'll leave that one until at least next week....

#ISTAYFORTHE90

Two Questions. on 23:21 - Feb 2 with 641 viewswestside

tremell is sh1t and has been for the last couple of months
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024