Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press Conference tomorrow apparently 14:41 - Feb 2 with 26793 viewsDarran

According to the text I've just had.
Don't shoot the messenger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 20:21 - Feb 2 with 3390 viewsIAN05

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 19:14 - Feb 2 by Gowerjack

I have no difficulty in believing Ml sanctioned the move.

However I believe hi did so in a " who cares it's no skin off my nose" manner.

He lost interest a long time ago IMO

Wouldn't argue with that
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 20:23 - Feb 2 with 3367 viewsCatullus

Knowing that Phil S is a proper swans fan, I'll accept his word that Laudrup knew and approved of the signings. I still find the Emnes thing strange though.
Some of the speculation on here is wild and frankly terrifying. It's one thing to complain about how we are doing but this thread has been like a feeding frenzy at times!!
God knows I haven't been happy with our performances, team, manager, all of it. But tearing ourselves apart from the inside is not the answer.
Whatever is going on, whoever is right.....or wrong, we need to pull together now for all our sakes.
If the board truly want Laudrup out then he'll be gone. If they are split then the status quo will remain for the time being, maybe until the Cardiff game (which will no doubt have a huge bearing on events, one way or the other) If Laudrup wants out but won't quit then we'll be on course for a complete meltdown. But I don't believe he is that kind of person.
I said before he looked beaten but he also looks worried. I don't see his reaction to things as a sign he wants out and doesn't care. I never had his card marked that way.
In my opinion, some board members want him out, but not enough to make it happen.
But if we are to survive this season as a Premier league team then now is the time to say never mind anything else. We have to get behind the team, united in adversity, and cheer them on with all our heart and soul against Cardiff. And then the next game, and the next, until seasons end.

I can't promise I won't moan about performances again, but I can promise that I will get behind our boys. I will not moan and groan from my seat, I will encourage and cheer.
And if this press conference happens then it happens and we can deal with the outcome when we know it!!
Until then lets stop the self harming pleaase, it's doing no one any good. Some of the theories I've seen on here are, well, lets say not nice!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 20:57 - Feb 2 with 3189 viewsMolliemick

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 16:17 - Feb 2 by Borojack

So is this how the conversation went

Huw look Micheal we cant get any of the players you want there to expensive
Micheal ok never mind
Huw yes but we have this player from Boro he is not very good but he is cheap and scored the winner against Cardiff.
Micheal never heard of him.
Huw do you want him or not.
Micheal ok then better than nothing I suppose

Is your first language Welsh?
Or are your still in Primary School?
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 3047 viewsMolliemick

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 17:25 - Feb 2 by magicdaps10

I think that if it was not down to the financial side of it then they would sack Michael Laudrup but they are not in that position so are trying or hoping that he resigns so they have to pay nothing.

Michael Laudrup will not do that because he is not dull.

Whether he is dull or not is a matter of dispute. If one looks at his tactics and team selection there is certainly room for discussion!
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:13 - Feb 2 with 3047 viewsItchySphincter

good player is Emnes

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:24 - Feb 2 with 2942 viewsScoobyWho

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 20:23 - Feb 2 by Catullus

Knowing that Phil S is a proper swans fan, I'll accept his word that Laudrup knew and approved of the signings. I still find the Emnes thing strange though.
Some of the speculation on here is wild and frankly terrifying. It's one thing to complain about how we are doing but this thread has been like a feeding frenzy at times!!
God knows I haven't been happy with our performances, team, manager, all of it. But tearing ourselves apart from the inside is not the answer.
Whatever is going on, whoever is right.....or wrong, we need to pull together now for all our sakes.
If the board truly want Laudrup out then he'll be gone. If they are split then the status quo will remain for the time being, maybe until the Cardiff game (which will no doubt have a huge bearing on events, one way or the other) If Laudrup wants out but won't quit then we'll be on course for a complete meltdown. But I don't believe he is that kind of person.
I said before he looked beaten but he also looks worried. I don't see his reaction to things as a sign he wants out and doesn't care. I never had his card marked that way.
In my opinion, some board members want him out, but not enough to make it happen.
But if we are to survive this season as a Premier league team then now is the time to say never mind anything else. We have to get behind the team, united in adversity, and cheer them on with all our heart and soul against Cardiff. And then the next game, and the next, until seasons end.

I can't promise I won't moan about performances again, but I can promise that I will get behind our boys. I will not moan and groan from my seat, I will encourage and cheer.
And if this press conference happens then it happens and we can deal with the outcome when we know it!!
Until then lets stop the self harming pleaase, it's doing no one any good. Some of the theories I've seen on here are, well, lets say not nice!!

From what i know of him, and i don't know him personally, if it wasn't for him and his buddies way back we wouldn't be discussing a PL club on here today.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:30 - Feb 2 with 2854 viewsCatullus

We may not even be discussing a club at all.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 2768 viewsSwansforever

Don't the players always have the sunday and monday off after a saturday game if we don't have a game until the following saturday/sunday?
Login to get fewer ads

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:45 - Feb 2 with 2697 viewsNatterjack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:39 - Feb 2 by Swansforever

Don't the players always have the sunday and monday off after a saturday game if we don't have a game until the following saturday/sunday?

If they don't turn up on a Saturday and play like gimps - NO
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:48 - Feb 2 with 2655 viewsSwansforever

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 21:45 - Feb 2 by Natterjack

If they don't turn up on a Saturday and play like gimps - NO

Well I do know some of the players were out last night. I know we have cardiff next week but in previous losses this season the players having 2 days off hasn't been an issue for anyone. Yes we were awful yesterday but Im hoping the players are up for saturday as it is a must win game and not just because it is a derby game.
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 01:13 - Feb 3 with 2297 viewsraynor94

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 19:42 - Feb 2 by Phil_S

If you're giving the motivational speech can you make sure you say it rather than type it?

Much appreciated

That is brilliant

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:34 - Feb 3 with 2029 viewsOldjack

When's this fuking press conference then?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:36 - Feb 3 with 2004 viewsDarran

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:34 - Feb 3 by Oldjack

When's this fuking press conference then?

Last I heard it's been cancelled Al.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:38 - Feb 3 with 1987 viewsperchrockjack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:36 - Feb 3 by Darran

Mine is coming up soon

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:42 - Feb 3 with 1956 viewsOldjack

So basically it's a load of old Tosh , all this bloody scaremongering is not doing us any good at all, even the bloody papers are at it now

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:50 - Feb 3 with 1917 viewsCatullus

I think plenty of us could go in and give a motivational speech. Some of us would probably put more effort in on the pitch too, though the quality would be questionable!!!!!!
Press call cancelled you say, doesn't surprise me. What we need from the board and Laudrup is a decision. Not something they make public or even tell the team. But decided what's happening. For me that decision is we stick with the gaffer til season's end and we all fight together. And by all I mean all, board, manager, team AND us, the supporters.
It's like groundhog day on here right now. We've had the arguments and we've all had our say. Whoever is right or wrong doesn't matter to em anymore. If we want to avoid relegation we all have to pull in the same direction.
I don't want to see things like jethrojack abusing other fans because of their point of view. This is a relegation battle and we all need to be together for it.
United we can still stand. STID!!

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:57 - Feb 3 with 1876 viewsperchrockjack

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:50 - Feb 3 by Catullus

I think plenty of us could go in and give a motivational speech. Some of us would probably put more effort in on the pitch too, though the quality would be questionable!!!!!!
Press call cancelled you say, doesn't surprise me. What we need from the board and Laudrup is a decision. Not something they make public or even tell the team. But decided what's happening. For me that decision is we stick with the gaffer til season's end and we all fight together. And by all I mean all, board, manager, team AND us, the supporters.
It's like groundhog day on here right now. We've had the arguments and we've all had our say. Whoever is right or wrong doesn't matter to em anymore. If we want to avoid relegation we all have to pull in the same direction.
I don't want to see things like jethrojack abusing other fans because of their point of view. This is a relegation battle and we all need to be together for it.
United we can still stand. STID!!

Jetho is worried sick but wont admit it on here because he ll look "negative".

Frankly, there is no saner fans who is not. Whether you want to admit as much on this site is another matter but as far as I can make out keyboards don't kill as long as they are not used as a anal butt

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:11 - Feb 3 with 1827 viewsCatullus

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 10:57 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

Jetho is worried sick but wont admit it on here because he ll look "negative".

Frankly, there is no saner fans who is not. Whether you want to admit as much on this site is another matter but as far as I can make out keyboards don't kill as long as they are not used as a anal butt

And that's something I just don't understand perch, being abused on here for having an opinion. This is exactly the right place to voice our concerns. If someone doesn't agree then make a constructive argument. Hurling abuse is no better than being a playground bully "Oi, be positive or I'll hit you" But here is the place for moaning, here, in the pub after the game, wherever. But in the Liberty we all need to support the team.
jethro keeps saying negativity is pointless, but so is unfounded optimism. Optimism never stopped anything bad happening. But hard work did.
So lets face the facts, accept we have been dross for a while now and agree to all pull in the same direction to improve things.
Putting our heads in the sand and repeating the mantra " oh we'll stay up" won't make that happen.

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:16 - Feb 3 with 1810 viewsPhaedrus

How is one supposed to achieve positive results with a negative attitude?
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 11:19]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:18 - Feb 3 with 1796 viewsPhaedrus

Id like to be in the training session when the coaches tell the players

" You've got to believe you cant do it first , then the results will come."

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:57 - Feb 3 with 1677 viewswaynekerr55

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:18 - Feb 3 by Phaedrus

Well if hear say is to believed I'm sure the players would rather that to happen, as opposed to the manager prioritising taking part in the games and getting first pick for the teams. That would be a start

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 12:00 - Feb 3 with 1656 viewsj01

apparently 1 year extension on Laudrups contract come on you Jacks
Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 12:00 - Feb 3 with 1644 viewsLaudrup

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26013937

Swansea City chairman rejects Michael Laudrup rumours

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has rejected claims the club have discussed manager Michael Laudrup's future.

Rumours have been circulating about Laudrup's future after the Swans lost 2-0 at West Ham on Saturday.

It was their sixth defeat in eight Premier League games, leaving them only two points off the relegation places.

"I haven't heard anything in reference to Michael and neither have we met, or discussed, or done anything about Michael," said Jenkins.

"A couple of us did actually meet up on Sunday morning to have a cup of coffee like we normally do. That's as simple as it was. That's where the first rumour came from.

"It's difficult for me to say anything because there isn't anything to discuss."

The Swans have slipped to 12th in the table but are only three points ahead of rivals Cardiff, who are second from bottom.

The two clubs meet at the Liberty Stadium in a crucial south-Wales derby on Saturday.

"The bigger picture as always is winning a Premier League match and it so happens this week we are playing Cardiff," he said. "Winning the match, I can assure you, is the most important thing for both teams."

Added Jenkins: "When you end up losing matches, when everything is so tight at the bottom of the Premier League, you get rumours and you get stories. We have had them for many weeks.

"If we win everything is fine. If we lose it's not."
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 12:04]

I hate signatures

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 12:02 - Feb 3 with 1633 viewsUxbridge

Or maybe it was never planned. Which is more likely.

Safe to say all isn't sweetness and light at the moment down there, but one shocker of a performance isn't normally enough for kneejerk reactions. Lose in a similar manner next Saturday and that might change I suspect.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 12:09 - Feb 3 with 1598 viewstomdickharry

Press Conference tomorrow apparently on 11:18 - Feb 3 by Phaedrus

Or as Shanks would say "If you don't perform on Saturday you'll be out the door with my boot up you arse".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024