Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 21’s 23:15 - Feb 11 with 2899 viewsaspas45

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/James-Loveridge-scores-Swansea-City-21s-

Young players doing well Fulton new signing setting up the winner.

Have a feeling Fulton could breakthrough to first team in season too.

Anyone see the game to comment on the players and promising talent?

What’s happened to Kenji Gorre - he was not even in the team? He was part of the summer tour but not sure what’s happened since?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2014 23:23]

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Under 21’s on 08:12 - Feb 12 with 2644 viewsblaine_scfc

Is Darnel Situ still here?
Under 21’s on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 2571 viewstomdickharry

Situ must have cost us a small fortune in wages/fees.
Under 21’s on 09:29 - Feb 12 with 2537 viewsraynor94

Fulton set up the winner so you think he might break into the first team why? Situ is mentioned in this thread another diamond waiting to be polished

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Under 21’s on 09:32 - Feb 12 with 2529 viewsAlf6

Under 21’s on 09:29 - Feb 12 by raynor94

Fulton set up the winner so you think he might break into the first team why? Situ is mentioned in this thread another diamond waiting to be polished

Situ was on the subs bench, and Gore is on loan at Luton.
Under 21’s on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 2500 viewsraynor94

Jesus he must be having some trouble with those splinters!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Under 21’s on 10:41 - Feb 12 with 2443 viewscaerleon_jack

I thought it was Meade at Luton, not Gorre? Or did he go there as well?

There must be something about Situ, or surely we would have cut our losses on him by now? I know he was one of Brendan's January panic signings, but he was signed with a view to needing a little development and then coming into the first team. What feels like 15 years later he doesn't seem to be anywhere near that standard.

It'll be interesting to see whether Monk/A.N.Other takes a different view to bringing youngsters through from the u-21s than Laudrup did. I know Ben was earmarked for some game time before Taylor's injury and then benefitted from what happened, but Laudrup never really seemed keen in giving the odd game/appearance to some of our younger players. I appreciate that until we're out of danger this season it's not really the situation to do so, but it would be good to see a couple of the u-21's get 15-20 minutes every now and then.

Insert something witty here

Under 21’s on 10:44 - Feb 12 with 2431 viewsJackSomething

I think signings like Fulton, Situ, Gorre, etc need to be classed alongside youth players. They don't cost much, but the success rate is likely to be low.

In other words, for every Neil Taylor there will probably be 5 Jamie Proctors.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Under 21’s on 10:58 - Feb 12 with 2385 viewscaerleon_jack

Under 21’s on 10:44 - Feb 12 by JackSomething

I think signings like Fulton, Situ, Gorre, etc need to be classed alongside youth players. They don't cost much, but the success rate is likely to be low.

In other words, for every Neil Taylor there will probably be 5 Jamie Proctors.

I've got no problem with our current strategy of bringing in promising players from other clubs and putting them into the u-21s. We have a rather new set-up and to make up for the lack of players coming through our own youth ranks why not take a punt on these guys?

But in Situ's case, as I said, when he was originally signed it was with the intention that he would link up with the 1st team squad. I know he had the issue with his work permit which must have set back his development slightly, but either way it appears that Brendan was very, very wrong in his initial assessment of him. Situ is something of an enigma, and I just wonder whether he does actually have a future with us?

With the guys we signed from Scotland, both have 1st team experience (albeit one very limited), and I know Scotland is a much lower standard than the Premier League, but it would be good to see one of these get some 1st team experience towards the end of the season (providing we are safe).

As much as these guys are classed alongside youth players, our u21 squad still needs to work as a development squad, preparing players for 1st team action. I'm not saying that they are all going to be good enough to play Premier League football, but it would be nice to see some given an opportunity to impress.

Insert something witty here

Login to get fewer ads

Under 21’s on 11:30 - Feb 12 with 2324 viewsJackSomething

Under 21’s on 10:58 - Feb 12 by caerleon_jack

I've got no problem with our current strategy of bringing in promising players from other clubs and putting them into the u-21s. We have a rather new set-up and to make up for the lack of players coming through our own youth ranks why not take a punt on these guys?

But in Situ's case, as I said, when he was originally signed it was with the intention that he would link up with the 1st team squad. I know he had the issue with his work permit which must have set back his development slightly, but either way it appears that Brendan was very, very wrong in his initial assessment of him. Situ is something of an enigma, and I just wonder whether he does actually have a future with us?

With the guys we signed from Scotland, both have 1st team experience (albeit one very limited), and I know Scotland is a much lower standard than the Premier League, but it would be good to see one of these get some 1st team experience towards the end of the season (providing we are safe).

As much as these guys are classed alongside youth players, our u21 squad still needs to work as a development squad, preparing players for 1st team action. I'm not saying that they are all going to be good enough to play Premier League football, but it would be nice to see some given an opportunity to impress.

No argument with any of that. Fingers crossed we have a few more like Taylor and Davies in this batch.

You're right about being given a chance as well. If Taylor had stayed injury-free for all of last season, would Ben have had more than a few substitute and cup appearances? We may well be talking about him now the way we do about Jazz.

It's very difficult for any of these players to prove they deserve a chance ahead of the first-team squad. Hopefully Monk will have been paying attention and will have an idea which deserve a chance in the coming months.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Under 21’s on 13:21 - Feb 12 with 2256 viewsBackHeel

great effort, from a very young team also
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024