Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 Rillington Place 15:39 - Mar 2 with 7350 views18StoneOfHoop

http://www.10-rillington-place.co.uk/html/period.html

http://www.10-rillington-place.co.uk/html/contemporary.html#KPHandElginmodern

http://1pumplane.wordpress.com/2011/12/03/the-kensington-park-ladbroke-grove-lon

Anybody got any memories?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

10 Rillington Place on 19:33 - Mar 2 with 1428 viewsenfieldargh

10 Rillington Place on 18:25 - Mar 2 by batmanhoop

my parents lived in Barnsdale Rd. post war, they moved to Batman Close when that was built early 50's. Notting Hill really was a slum area and when you hear people complain about housing conditions now they really don't know how lucky they are

Just my experiences of Notting Hill /Ladbroke Grove area.

I know this was aroud 10 years before but my dad was a GP in portobello road late 50's thru to 80's and i sometimes used to go with him on his house calls (not sure why but we always went for a curry in queensway afterp-would have been a patient's restaurent as he always got freebies!).I was about 7 at the time.

This would have been early to mid 60's and the whole area was in a real state(Probably much like other parts of inner London). The place was a hive of prostitution and drug addicts plus racial tensions were starting to brew.

I recall going into damp and dingy bedsits when he visited sick old people The smell of damp still comes back to me whenever I pass through the area.

Thames TV made a documentary about him where you can see how decrepit the area was back then.

Watch old Steptoe, Sweeney and Minder episodes and you'll get an idea what it was like back then.

We then moved to shoe box in middle of road where he would beat me to death.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

10 Rillington Place on 21:33 - Mar 2 with 1369 viewsKerryE

My dad knew his family who lived around Peabody Estate. He loves to tell me the story when after Timothy's arrest his family asked him to go and collect his belongings from 10 Rillington Place. Of course Christie answers the door and invites my Dad in.

My dad always reminds me that at that time some of the walls were full of dead bodies!

At the time Timothy was meant to have written a confession but all knew he was illiterate, so yes the whole case was a good argument for no death penalty.
10 Rillington Place on 21:39 - Mar 2 with 1364 viewsFredManRave

10 Rillington Place on 19:09 - Mar 2 by TheBlob

Oh yeah Harry Roberts.He killed two Old Bill and his mate killed another.

"Roberts' name has been used for many years to antagonise the police, with chants like "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" as well as "He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush. He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, our mate Harry" (to the tune of "London Bridge Is Falling Down") which originated with groups of young people outside Shepherd's Bush police station after Roberts had been arrested."

Used to hear the "Harry Roberts is our friend" in Q/R Block about 15 years ago whenever the OB came walking past. Fcuking disgusting from the tyically brain dead suspects. Hopefully it's not sung anymore.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

10 Rillington Place on 23:09 - Mar 2 with 1303 viewsbatmanhoop

I went to school in Latimer Road and one of my classmates lived in Braybrook St. at the time of the murders. Always puzzled me why they say the shooting was in Shepherds Bush
10 Rillington Place on 05:09 - Mar 3 with 1259 viewsisawqpratwcity

10 Rillington Place on 18:59 - Mar 2 by 18StoneOfHoop

zicos,here we go mate, found this top vid explaining one particular force - pioneering shared ownership housing association - to make things better..
..listen up to the eloquent testimony at the start of QPR & Who loving postie Union leader and onetime Home Office minister Alan Johnson here:

Parts of now super posh housing for banker counts Portland Rd W11 was once a slum,unbelievable..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00v2b42
[Post edited 2 Mar 2014 19:21]

Yeh, saw that prog on Portland Road on SBS here last year. Stunning that on the same road you have one end in the top 10% of earners while the other end its the bottom 5%.

I lived in Henry Dickens Court, the other side of the 'piggeries and potteries' (Walmer Road and Avondale Park) and walked to school along Portland Road and home down Pottery Lane (which is the reference to Antonioni's "Blow Up" early in the first Tom Vague piece you posted: David Hemmings' photographic studio exterior is on Pottery Lane, next door to the Earl of Zetland and supposedly where he had it off with Jane Birkin and another girl).

Oh, and the Angelica Huston reference is perhaps that, according to Wiki, she went to my old school, Holland Park (dunno; after my time).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

10 Rillington Place on 05:27 - Mar 3 with 1254 viewsisawqpratwcity

10 Rillington Place on 19:09 - Mar 2 by TheBlob

Oh yeah Harry Roberts.He killed two Old Bill and his mate killed another.

"Roberts' name has been used for many years to antagonise the police, with chants like "Harry Roberts is our friend, is our friend, is our friend. Harry Roberts is our friend, he kills coppers. Let him out to kill some more, kill some more, kill some more, let him out to kill some more, Harry Roberts" as well as "He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush, Shepherd's Bush. He shot three down in Shepherd's Bush, our mate Harry" (to the tune of "London Bridge Is Falling Down") which originated with groups of young people outside Shepherd's Bush police station after Roberts had been arrested."

I missed the Harry Roberts crime due to that Great British cliche, the package tour to the Costa Brava (Lloret de Mar, and very nice it was, too).

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

10 Rillington Place on 07:18 - Mar 3 with 1238 viewssmegma

10 Rillington Place on 23:09 - Mar 2 by batmanhoop

I went to school in Latimer Road and one of my classmates lived in Braybrook St. at the time of the murders. Always puzzled me why they say the shooting was in Shepherds Bush

Because Braybrook Street is in London W12 and the local Royal Mail sorting office was called Shepherds Bush W12 Sorting Office and used to be in Loftus Road.
10 Rillington Place on 07:23 - Mar 3 with 1236 viewssmegma

10 Rillington Place on 19:22 - Mar 2 by ballbag

Was in both the KPH and Elgin just last night.

£5 for a pint of fizzy lager! Almost went on a killing spree of my own after hearing that.

Cheap compared to some of the boozers up the lane.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024