Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first thing Monk needs to do 19:03 - Mar 2 with 14896 viewsDarran

Is get his wife off Twitter.
Very unprofessional.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:56 - Mar 3 with 1156 viewsGretsch

The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:47 - Mar 3 by Catullus

I agree with Darran that she shouldn't have done it. The facts would have come out properly in due course.
But I also agree with ECB, she is dead right!!

I thought Ash had taken a knock in the face, didn't know he'd been ill, likewise Bony (didn't understand the sub) but I do now.
I've said it elsewhere but just to repeat myself, the reason why we haven't got an adequate reserve striker is Michael Laudrup. Monk has to play with the cards he is dealt.
If anybody can't see that they are either Laudrup sycophants, stupid or probably both.
We dominated the first half, our only problem (again) was not scoring the goals our play deserved, but that's football.
In the end it was a point WON!!

Ash definitley spewing up second half
The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:58 - Mar 3 with 1147 viewsDarran

The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:39 - Mar 3 by Gretsch

Different generation mun. Had that cold a few years though.

I dont suppose she would have "attacked" the fans (or probably trolls if they are following her to give her abuse when she is 9 months preggers), if she didnt feel there was an attack on her or her family.

Like here if you dont like someone, dont read their posts unless of course you are intent of giving them shit.

Also - Well said Mr Sumbler.

An attack on her family?

Fair play that's brilliant.

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:00 - Mar 3 with 1145 viewsShaky

I agree with Darran that she shouldn't have done it. The facts would have come out properly in due course.

I thought Ash had taken a knock in the face, didn't know he'd been ill, likewise Bony (didn't understand the sub) but I do now.
I've said it elsewhere but just to repeat myself, the reason why we haven't got an adequate reserve striker is Michael Laudrup. Monk has to play with the cards he is dealt.
If anybody can't see that they are either Laudrup sycophants, stupid or probably both.
We dominated the first half, our only problem (again) was not scoring the goals our play deserved, but that's football.

So you don't think Michu is an adequate reserve striker?

Or are you on the Laudrup's breach of training contract resulted in Michu's injury bandwagon?

Or are you simply rearranging facts and events in your head to suit the tale you are spinning, while humming a merry tune?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:03 - Mar 3 with 1140 viewsApeShit

So you agree with Darran that she shouldn't of done it, but you also agree with ECB and think she is "dead right!!!"?

Make up your mind, or is it that you don't want to upset anyone?
The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 1138 viewsBaker

The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:33 - Mar 3 by icecoldjack

Then why limit has options from the bench by playing an unfit player,in fact 2 unfit players!

That left him with 1 option in effect and that was shot after 20 mins ,surely the best option was to start a fully fit amat and keep ash as an emergency option ?

Agree about the twitter thing though.

It's sometimes best for the wife of the manager to say nothing,especially after such a frustrating game .

I also agree that it's a bit weird why the fook anyone would want to converse with the wife of an employee of our club on twitter!

Bit stalkerish if you ask me!

I regularly harass her on twitter. She loves it.

Ignore the haters Lex xx

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:04 - Mar 3 with 1149 viewsGretsch

The first thing Monk needs to do on 09:58 - Mar 3 by Darran

An attack on her family?

Fair play that's brilliant.

Garry Monk not her family then ????
The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:05 - Mar 3 with 1147 viewsShaky

As for the substance of this thread, there is a reason why bands and musical artists never, ever prosecute illegal music downloaders; you don't attack your fans.

Doh!

Misology -- It's a bitch

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:07 - Mar 3 with 1139 viewsDarran

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:04 - Mar 3 by Gretsch

Garry Monk not her family then ????

Seriously though I see where you're coming from but the question is what part of football doesn't she understand?

Login to get fewer ads

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:09 - Mar 3 with 1129 viewsCatullus

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:03 - Mar 3 by ApeShit

So you agree with Darran that she shouldn't of done it, but you also agree with ECB and think she is "dead right!!!"?

Make up your mind, or is it that you don't want to upset anyone?

No, you just don't understand simple English, Mrs Monks opinion was dead right but she shouldn't have posted it on twitter.

Is that simple enough for you?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:11 - Mar 3 with 1125 viewsAl_Bundy

You saddo's you follow Monks wife on twitter really need to get a life
The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:12 - Mar 3 with 1115 viewsUxbridge

I'm forced to agree with Darran here. I feel dirty.

Rightly or wrongly, the actions of Mrs Monk reflect on Swansea City Football Club. If she's getting into slagging matches on Twitter was random numpties then that reflects back on the club, most likely in the form of negative press stories. Now that's not to say I don't totally understand why she lashes out when people slag off her hubby or why on earth anyone would follow on Twitter the wife of our manager, but there we go.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:13 - Mar 3 with 1106 viewsCatullus

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:00 - Mar 3 by Shaky

So you don't think Michu is an adequate reserve striker?

Or are you on the Laudrup's breach of training contract resulted in Michu's injury bandwagon?

Or are you simply rearranging facts and events in your head to suit the tale you are spinning, while humming a merry tune?

Oh FFS!! Michu is not and does not want to be a striker. I'm sure you know that. And yes I disagree with Laudrup over playing an injured Michu while a fit Bony was on the bench, it was ludicrous.
Next, and most importantly, Michu is injured and not available. Therefore we have no adequate reserve striker.

I don't think it's me who's rearranging facts and events.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:15 - Mar 3 with 1103 viewsDarran

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:12 - Mar 3 by Uxbridge

Rightly or wrongly, the actions of Mrs Monk reflect on Swansea City Football Club. If she's getting into slagging matches on Twitter was random numpties then that reflects back on the club, most likely in the form of negative press stories. Now that's not to say I don't totally understand why she lashes out when people slag off her hubby or why on earth anyone would follow on Twitter the wife of our manager, but there we go.

Good post.

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:18 - Mar 3 with 1093 viewsShaky

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:13 - Mar 3 by Catullus

Oh FFS!! Michu is not and does not want to be a striker. I'm sure you know that. And yes I disagree with Laudrup over playing an injured Michu while a fit Bony was on the bench, it was ludicrous.
Next, and most importantly, Michu is injured and not available. Therefore we have no adequate reserve striker.

You mean like playing an ill Ash when a fully fit Amat is on the bench?

You're full of shit, son.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:19 - Mar 3 with 1089 viewsBaker

"why on earth anyone would follow on Twitter the wife of our manager, but there we go"

The same way I would follow the wife of a mate on facebook.

To keep track of their relationship status so I can be there as a shoulder to cry on should it be changed to 'single'

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 1083 viewsUxbridge

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:19 - Mar 3 by Baker

"why on earth anyone would follow on Twitter the wife of our manager, but there we go"

The same way I would follow the wife of a mate on facebook.

To keep track of their relationship status so I can be there as a shoulder to cry on should it be changed to 'single'

GPWM. I retract my previous post.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:23 - Mar 3 with 1074 viewsCatullus

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:18 - Mar 3 by Shaky

You mean like playing an ill Ash when a fully fit Amat is on the bench?

You're full of shit, son.

I'm sure Ash would have told Monk he was fit to play. Actually I can't be sure can I. But Monk would have asked him.
And please don't hurl insults around. I don't do it. If you want to behave like an ignorant cretin, go be a Cardiff fan.

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:24 - Mar 3 with 1070 viewsApeShit

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:09 - Mar 3 by Catullus

No, you just don't understand simple English, Mrs Monks opinion was dead right but she shouldn't have posted it on twitter.

Is that simple enough for you?

Thanks for clearing that up.
The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:27 - Mar 3 with 1059 viewswaynekerr55

Bang on the money - you put it far more eloquently than I ever could have

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:35 - Mar 3 with 1044 viewsicecoldjack

Well, do we know the reason was Laudrup not getting an adequate striker or the club not wanting to get him the player he wanted ?

Very difficult scenario with 2 scouting networks and Laudrup and the club having different ideas in terms of players and perhaps budgets.

It was my understanding that we went with a smaller squad so we could have a higher quality player ,Laudrup always stated that players he wanted were within our playing budgets but i guess we will never know the truth on this one.

Its also going to be an interesting point as to where we go next with our recruitment. Ive personally not been inspired by the signings of Emnes and N'gog though im open minded as to how they will do.

The club have known better than us the problems with Michu, but to my mind there was surely a better option out there than what we ended up with. I feel the club took the cheap option and gambled that Michu would be returning fully fit and ready to go,it has 100% back fired as have alot of recent decisions from the board.

The flip side of this is that getting a good quality back up to sit on the bench most weeks is always a difficult thing to do! im sure that both Laudrup and the club did the best they could do but when there is a glaring problem it needed to be solved not shelved and put off until it reached critical levels, things havent been right since the summer in terms of playing strength its therefore not a big suprise we find ourselves short of key players at the most important time of the season.

Why wasn;t N'gog on the bench? anyone know ?
The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:43 - Mar 3 with 1019 viewsCatullus

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:24 - Mar 3 by ApeShit

Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem!!

Usually speaking you would have had a point though, I do post a lot of gobbledegook

The first thing Monk needs to do on 14:46 - Mar 3 with 948 viewsSpratty

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:13 - Mar 3 by Catullus

So you think the fairly stationary Bony should just have been played 90 mins game after game even though it was not effective within our team.

Bony is a beast and one hell of a skillful player but anyone that cannot see he has been brought on over his time with us to play in a way that much better suits our team (and vice versa) is delusional. He has become far more mobile over the months (and I have watched nearly every game he played in).

Michu may not have wanted to be a striker but he did one hell of a job for us.

Glad you mention the injuries as you seemed to completely ignore the high number of key injuries (including both Bony and Michu together and many other first pick players) when you slag Laudrup off.

Personally in the circumstances to keep us on an almost identical team for team points total as our most successful finish in the PL (which he also delivered) whilst beating Manu / keeping us in the FA and progressing so well in Europe whilst manageing all those games is pretty astonishing to me regardless of playing style and the effects of player sulking.

Not you rearranging the facts lol
The first thing Monk needs to do on 14:54 - Mar 3 with 944 viewsSpratty

The first thing Monk needs to do on 10:23 - Mar 3 by Catullus

I'm sure Ash would have told Monk he was fit to play. Actually I can't be sure can I. But Monk would have asked him.
And please don't hurl insults around. I don't do it. If you want to behave like an ignorant cretin, go be a Cardiff fan.

Oh like when you accused one of our most staunch supporters as being a Laudrup sycophant who wanted the team to lose.

Perhaps you should consider your responses in relation to sycophancy and the ability to SEE THE FACTS
The first thing Monk needs to do on 14:59 - Mar 3 with 940 viewsDarran

The first thing Monk needs to do on 14:54 - Mar 3 by Spratty

Oh like when you accused one of our most staunch supporters as being a Laudrup sycophant who wanted the team to lose.

Perhaps you should consider your responses in relation to sycophancy and the ability to SEE THE FACTS

Who did he accuse of being a Laudrup sycophant?

The first thing Monk needs to do on 15:16 - Mar 3 with 916 viewsSpratty

The abuse on Twitter can be sickening. But agree Monk’s partner should not be getting involved. It looks low rent on us as a club and is doing his reputation as a fledgling manager no good. Regardless of provocation no business wants to take on senior appointments whose partner is going to slag off their customers or the area it represents.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of what is being said just ignore it. Supporters as customers do have a right to an opinion and it makes Gary look a bit of a wuss (as it would her if the roles were reversed).

But of course she is perfectly entitled to do as she pleases just as I am entitled to think that makes a bit of a mockery of our club and does our manager no favours.

Cue ECB (the Monkey fanboy ) telling me I have an agenda. Personally thought Monk was a brilliant captain — calmer than Ash. As a manager he is unqualified and massively inexperienced. To have been given the opportunity to manage a PL team and lead them into Europe is exceptional. He has (unsurprisingly for anyone given that opportunity — let alone the ex Captain and long term team member) given it his all. There is however much more to managing a team than remotivating and redirecting them on the new manager bounce with a team unsurprisingly depressed with a punishing schedule and just returning from massive injuries.

However well Monk continues to do with the team (and it would be brilliant if he did exceptionally well). There have to be questions on player recruitment and retention. Not only in his ability to keep and attract the sort of players we need. But also in the role of the board in this and a clear policy on the way forward.

Even with European competition and the pull of adding being coached by a footballing legend to your CV we could not sort things out this season and if we don't address the reason for that we are in trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024