Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk says he didnt see it coming 18:39 - Mar 15 with 7559 viewsPhaedrus

Everyone around me saw that second half coming. That game was crystal palace mk2 - new and improved with added defeat.
http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/monk-post-wba-h-1422831.aspx
[Post edited 15 Mar 2014 18:40]

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 02:54 - Mar 16 with 1783 viewsLiam12345

suprised no one has started going nuts on twitter about him and his wife kicking off and defending him again

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 08:29 - Mar 16 with 1710 viewslegoman

If that is the correct interpretation of what GM said then IMO it smacks of us not taking the game seriously enough, almost as if we assumed we'd walk over a poorly performing West Brom and wouldn't have to do too much. Chimes with the opinion of some on here who said the players looked disinterested.

We need to get back to basics. The only important game is the next one. Work out what we need to do and execute.

I don't think we'll go down, I predict 15th place, but there needs to be a root and branch appraisal of next season's campaign. I believe (but can't possibly know of course) that ML had a tactic of writing off certain games. This is a dangerous road to follow, and if true must be driven out of the planning right now.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:05 - Mar 16 with 1674 viewsUxbridge

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 23:45 - Mar 15 by Dull1Thomas

TBF Canas was (as someone put it so accurately earlier) doing his spaniel puppy impression, deGuzman was in front of him, Ash behind and Lamah and Routs either side.
Even Custer had a bugler for company.

No complaints about the wingers performance really. Lamah might well get my MOM vote.

Leon's been pretty poor at times this season. Heresy to say it seems.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:34 - Mar 16 with 1651 viewsSpratty

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 19:08 - Mar 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Stop blaming Monk start blaming the players, they were crap in the second half again and not due to tiredness.
Somebody needs to score goals and the rest need to stop just giving the ball away.
63% possession and only 2 more shots on goal than WBA and only 4 each on target.

So the manager is not to blame. But was obviously to be credited with anything good in any of the previous games from your POV.

Interesting change of view since you joined just after ML was sacked, claiming not to be a supporter but with the most breathtaking anti Laudrup agenda I have seen.

At that time the ex manager was to blame for everything and credited with nothing despite his exceptional achievements (in fact some of those were ludicrously turned into failures). At least you have had the sense not to blame him for this. Oh wait indeed you have on another thread.

Interesting the alligance with Garry and Huw is very strong in A_Fans_Dad far beyond those that idolise Huw for what he has done in the past or Garry as an excellent
Captain.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:40 - Mar 16 with 1648 viewsjohnlangy

I didn't see this coming either (or the 2nd half against CP).

Performances (not results) since GM came in. We've had Cardiff (excellent), Stoke (V good), Napoli home (excellent), Liverpool (excellent) and Napoli away (excellent). Then we had CP excellent first half and crap 2nd.

Then WBA. 1st half players looked to be showboating as if they believed they were too good for a very weak WBA side. Even then many chances were made but only one taken. Then the 2nd half. I couldn't believe it was the same team generally as in those first 5 games. They looked clueless for most of the half.

I don't know what's changed. Maybe they DID believe the hype about being too good to go down. Well, if GM isn't able to get the message across using a recording of that rubbish that we're not too then he doesn't deserve to be manager.

Now that i've calmed down a bit, and trying bravely to put things into perspective, we need 3 decent performances out of 9 games left. 2 wins and a draw will almost certainly be enough. Maybe even 2 wins.

Just keep smiling.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:59 - Mar 16 with 1620 viewscostalotta

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:40 - Mar 16 by johnlangy

Performances (not results) since GM came in. We've had Cardiff (excellent), Stoke (V good), Napoli home (excellent), Liverpool (excellent) and Napoli away (excellent). Then we had CP excellent first half and crap 2nd.

Then WBA. 1st half players looked to be showboating as if they believed they were too good for a very weak WBA side. Even then many chances were made but only one taken. Then the 2nd half. I couldn't believe it was the same team generally as in those first 5 games. They looked clueless for most of the half.

I don't know what's changed. Maybe they DID believe the hype about being too good to go down. Well, if GM isn't able to get the message across using a recording of that rubbish that we're not too then he doesn't deserve to be manager.

Now that i've calmed down a bit, and trying bravely to put things into perspective, we need 3 decent performances out of 9 games left. 2 wins and a draw will almost certainly be enough. Maybe even 2 wins.

Just keep smiling.

Good post.

Only thing is, can GM steer us to get those wins in the games left. I really hope so, but not sure he can.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:59 - Mar 16 with 1620 viewsApeShit

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:34 - Mar 16 by Spratty

So the manager is not to blame. But was obviously to be credited with anything good in any of the previous games from your POV.

Interesting change of view since you joined just after ML was sacked, claiming not to be a supporter but with the most breathtaking anti Laudrup agenda I have seen.

At that time the ex manager was to blame for everything and credited with nothing despite his exceptional achievements (in fact some of those were ludicrously turned into failures). At least you have had the sense not to blame him for this. Oh wait indeed you have on another thread.

Interesting the alligance with Garry and Huw is very strong in A_Fans_Dad far beyond those that idolise Huw for what he has done in the past or Garry as an excellent
Captain.

Well said.

The guys a clown, he claimed he wasnt even a fan when he signed up now hes billy big bollocks.

Its probably Monks Wife.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 10:06 - Mar 16 with 1602 viewsharemscarem

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:40 - Mar 16 by johnlangy

Just keep smiling.

No doubt I wanted Laudrup to stay, and I might be coloured because of that, but here is my view on the results and performances under Monk.

Cardiff was a great match and a must win. Very important! It seemed that the players had got a boost with a new manager. 1-1 against Stoke is okay, and they played well. You forget to mention the Everton game. A game where we should have brought a stronger team IMO. Sad to be out of two cups so fast.

A good performance against Napoli and Liverpool, I agree. Anyway it was games with a bad outcome, and the offensive tactic gave to much room for the opposition although it was entertaining to watch. We were very strong in the attack (and still are!), but weak in the defence. Actually I think we played most wisely against Napoli. The Liverpool game was very entertaining, but I missed some structure.

The games against CP and WBA should have resulted in more points. I think there is a lot of good elements in the beginning of the games, but our block defence does not work. Again there is too much space for the opposition to play in, which we saw yesterday when they scored the second goal.

Anyway I think Swansea play well enough to be saved from relegation. Monk has brought energy, and the team finds rooms to play in (when attacking) easier than before. All in all a little unimpressed by now, but it can still change.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 10:07]

Login to get fewer ads

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 12:41 - Mar 16 with 1528 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 09:34 - Mar 16 by Spratty

Captain.

Let me remind you LaudrupLovers what I said, which I still stand by 100%
ML brought Michu and upgraded Ben D, 2 great moves, but who found Michu?
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which is neither a great plus or minus.
As I said on another thread the downside was insisting on a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons.
Continually playing "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
Continually playing players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan and no obvious reasoning behind some substitutions.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not recognizing just how bad it was getting for the players, the fans and the club.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many clubs can be wrong, isn't this his 4th appointment that didn't end well?
One thing you don't seem to recognise is practically all the early success came from Michu's 19 Premier and 3 Capitol one cup goals.

Now lets move on to Mr Monk and Huw Jenkins, I will start with Huw as that is easier, I have said right from the beginning that I believe he does not appear to have the expertise to run a £100m business, enough said.
Gary Monk has taken a side that by the time he took over was playing poor football, was looking demoralised and unfit.
He has them looking fitter, playing better football again, for the first 5 games playing with more commitment and playing wider and faster.
However I have already criticized his timing of and actual substitutions on other threads, I am not blind to his failings as you are of Laudrups.
But he is still playing with the ML legacy of a small squad, injured players added to by lack of investment in better players by the board. Although Emnes is not that bad. Swansea needed a Goal Scorer to replace Michu.

What he can't instill in the players is Pride and Guts, they either have it or not.
Yesterday it looked seriously like some of them haven't got either, JDG went back to not tackling, Canaas was his usual headless chicken and Michu was obviously no where near match fit and should not have been played. His inclusion is down to GM, Fans have been crying for his return for weeks and he should not have given in to them.
Although self belief is another factor and can be improved by a good coach/manager, but it takes time.
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 15:30 - Mar 16 with 1467 viewsSpratty

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 12:41 - Mar 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Let me remind you LaudrupLovers what I said, which I still stand by 100%
ML brought Michu and upgraded Ben D, 2 great moves, but who found Michu?
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which is neither a great plus or minus.
As I said on another thread the downside was insisting on a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons.
Continually playing "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
Continually playing players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan and no obvious reasoning behind some substitutions.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not recognizing just how bad it was getting for the players, the fans and the club.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many clubs can be wrong, isn't this his 4th appointment that didn't end well?
One thing you don't seem to recognise is practically all the early success came from Michu's 19 Premier and 3 Capitol one cup goals.

Now lets move on to Mr Monk and Huw Jenkins, I will start with Huw as that is easier, I have said right from the beginning that I believe he does not appear to have the expertise to run a £100m business, enough said.
Gary Monk has taken a side that by the time he took over was playing poor football, was looking demoralised and unfit.
He has them looking fitter, playing better football again, for the first 5 games playing with more commitment and playing wider and faster.
However I have already criticized his timing of and actual substitutions on other threads, I am not blind to his failings as you are of Laudrups.
But he is still playing with the ML legacy of a small squad, injured players added to by lack of investment in better players by the board. Although Emnes is not that bad. Swansea needed a Goal Scorer to replace Michu.

What he can't instill in the players is Pride and Guts, they either have it or not.
Yesterday it looked seriously like some of them haven't got either, JDG went back to not tackling, Canaas was his usual headless chicken and Michu was obviously no where near match fit and should not have been played. His inclusion is down to GM, Fans have been crying for his return for weeks and he should not have given in to them.
Although self belief is another factor and can be improved by a good coach/manager, but it takes time.

Oh think you said a lot more than that - most of it asinine IMHO

Try to stick to proven facts rather that assumption and invention - might help
Monk says he didnt see it coming on 15:33 - Mar 16 with 1462 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Monk says he didnt see it coming on 15:30 - Mar 16 by Spratty

Oh think you said a lot more than that - most of it asinine IMHO

Try to stick to proven facts rather that assumption and invention - might help

Just keep dreaming about how good ML was, it is all you have left.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 15:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024