Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barcelona Transfer Ban 11:27 - Apr 2 with 2583 viewsLe_Swans

First there was the dodgy Neymar deal, now this, the once greatly admired and run club are having a bit of a hard time lately.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26852466

Edit: The next 2 transfer windows according to this: https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-fifa-hit-barcelona-shock-transfer-ban-0
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 11:37]
Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:36 - Apr 2 with 2548 viewslonglostjack

I don't really understand how they can stop the club from selling players. What if a player wants to leave? He surely can't be tied into an employer against his will.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:38 - Apr 2 with 2536 viewsLe_Swans

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:36 - Apr 2 by longlostjack

I don't really understand how they can stop the club from selling players. What if a player wants to leave? He surely can't be tied into an employer against his will.

It's only from signing players, Valdes is off in the summer so they'll be without a top keeper for next season.

Edit: hadn't read the updated BBC report where it states selling players also, agree with you, surely they can's top players wanting to leave?
[Post edited 2 Apr 2014 11:42]
Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:49 - Apr 2 with 2489 viewsWxmJax

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:36 - Apr 2 by longlostjack

especially when they come to the end of their contract.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:15 - Apr 2 with 2372 viewsjaf69

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 11:49 - Apr 2 by WxmJax

especially when they come to the end of their contract.

well if they are at the end of their contract they can leave of their own free will so technically this ban wont affect that.
Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:21 - Apr 2 with 2361 viewsTheFranchise

Valdes' agent is currently creaming himself.
Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:21 - Apr 2 with 2360 viewscaerleon_jack

I said at the time of the Neymar thing that if that had been an English club they would have had a massive fine and transfer ban. This ban has been handed to Barca because they buy and sell under-18 internationals that they shouldn't. They will appeal the ban, it'll get reduced to a token fine and they will continue to operate in exactly the same way. Even if the ban is upheld, you can't restrict the players in that way so they'll probably just have to have their transfers 'sanctioned' during that time. Which they will, because they are Barca.

Insert something witty here

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:36 - Apr 2 with 2338 viewsJackSomething

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:21 - Apr 2 by caerleon_jack

I said at the time of the Neymar thing that if that had been an English club they would have had a massive fine and transfer ban. This ban has been handed to Barca because they buy and sell under-18 internationals that they shouldn't. They will appeal the ban, it'll get reduced to a token fine and they will continue to operate in exactly the same way. Even if the ban is upheld, you can't restrict the players in that way so they'll probably just have to have their transfers 'sanctioned' during that time. Which they will, because they are Barca.

The Chelsea case came immediately to my mind also and I figured this would be reduced on appeal. Just been reading that the cases are very different though.

Chelsea's only had to do with Kakuta, they settled with Lens and the punishment was dropped. Barcelona have committed ten separate offences apparently, so interesting to see what happens. Will apparently end up with CAS.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:42 - Apr 2 with 2325 viewscaerleon_jack

Barcelona Transfer Ban on 14:36 - Apr 2 by JackSomething

The Chelsea case came immediately to my mind also and I figured this would be reduced on appeal. Just been reading that the cases are very different though.

Chelsea's only had to do with Kakuta, they settled with Lens and the punishment was dropped. Barcelona have committed ten separate offences apparently, so interesting to see what happens. Will apparently end up with CAS.

There is no doubt that Barca will appeal. Under 'restriction of trade' it will be reduced to a token fine.

Looks like Chelsea could be back in the poo again though with these claims they instructed Vitesse to throw the league and not to qualify for the Championss League.

Insert something witty here

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024