Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pozuelo 18:24 - Apr 13 with 10544 viewsaspas45

Since monk has taken over he has not appeared on the bench except against Napoli.

What’s happened?

Also why are we starting Fulton instead of Canas or lama?
[Post edited 13 Apr 2014 18:28]

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Pozuelo on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 2460 viewsJackfath

Pozuelo on 14:07 - Apr 14 by lovejuicejack

She had probably never seen a ginger b4 that's why.

Now that's the second time in as many posts you've had a pop at me.

What's yer beef?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pozuelo on 14:09 - Apr 14 with 2457 viewslovejuicejack

Pozuelo on 14:09 - Apr 14 by Jackfath

Now that's the second time in as many posts you've had a pop at me.

What's yer beef?

Jealous of ur smoldering looks kid
Pozuelo on 14:10 - Apr 14 with 2454 viewsIAN05

Pozuelo on 12:00 - Apr 14 by Spratty

If (as the inside rumours suggest and their own comments and actions seem to back up) Monk and Ash deposed Laudrup; it is unsurprising there are problems with those who were most loyal to Laudrup and who might feel he was betrayed by those pursuing their own agenda. Of course most decent professional footballers will just get on with it and have no option but to support those given the power. However for any unhappy with what was done resentment will not be far from the surface. You need to show respect to earn respect.

Even under the pressure of alienating current Manager and Board. Bony had said ML was a good coach and Vorm’s admiration for the massive achievements of a kind and decent man who he liked can be seen in his quotes below. This is very different to how ML has been painted by some on here.

We can also see the reasons Vorm gives for us struggling: Europa (50% more fixtures) a lot more travelling, bad injuries. Garry has no longer any of these to contend with yet is currently only achieving 60% of like for like PL points compared with last year; whilst ML achieved 96% with all the added problems and still keeping us in Europe and the FA. ML also fared better this year in the reverse fixtures and on a blunt points per game basis despite all the difficulties.

Interestingly Vorm also lists changing manager as one of the problems. It may well be that this needs to happen again to unite the team under someone unrelated to any faction. The added advantage of a qualified manager who is experienced and tactically mature would also be important

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I will not say anything against Michael Laudrup. I liked him he did very well here. People must not forget what he did in 18 months — we won a trophy, we went into Europe and we had some great results against huge teams. He signed Michu, Chico and the Spanish boys. He is a very kind and decent man. "

"we struggled this year. We had the Europa League, a lot more travelling, we changed manager and we had some bad injuries."

I imagine Vorm would have no reason to praise ML in this way (he could just have said nothing). In fact it was more likely to make life awkward for him in the current set up.

Problem is though, you chose to get ignore many other comments players make. Like JDG saying that something had to change, like Bony's comments about not knowing he wasn't playing and how that affected him. Or the fact that almost every player has commented on the improvement in Training and pre game preparation under Monk. I'm yet to see comment from a player that is glowing about Laudrup since he left - instead chosing to use terms like 'No disrespect to ML' or 'he was a decent man'. Not exactly glowing is it ?

Why have we seen such improvements to the form of Routs, Hernandez And JDG if they enjoyed life under Laudrup ao much.

I don't think there is any doubt that Monk and Williams complained about Laudrup"s approach, but they are not alone in their distaste for the way that the club was being managed. Curt, Tucker, Vorm, Leon and the fitness staff all had become sick of what they were seeing every day and didn't mind who knew it.

Also, HJ is a regular at the Training ground and will have seen many of the issues first hand.

Senior players complained about Laudrup twice last season and also under Sousa, yet the club didn't act. Quite clearly, the board had seen enough this time.

Whether they were right to appoint Monk is a different question.
Pozuelo on 14:39 - Apr 14 with 2422 viewsStarsky

Pozuelo on 13:42 - Apr 14 by Spratty

That all you got - think you are confusing repetition with desolation.

Don't want to dispute any of the scary stats? Or the quotes?

No - I understand why

Most certainly not in our clubs interests to suppress talented players for whatever reason

You're taking rumour & more or less calling them fact and are now quoting Vorm to back up your pathetic agenda.

You forgot this one did you?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-mich

I also want someone more experienced than Monk to take over next season but you & others on here who should know better, are taking your Laudrup frustrations out on Monk and I've had a titful to be honest. Monk is manager until the end of the season. Deal with it and support your club instead of undermining him with your 'assumptions'.
By all means criticise Monk if he's fecked up but don't ridicule him or deride him. He's Swansea City through & through & is doing his best.

It's just the internet, init.

Pozuelo on 14:45 - Apr 14 with 2406 viewsDarran

Pozuelo on 14:39 - Apr 14 by Starsky

You're taking rumour & more or less calling them fact and are now quoting Vorm to back up your pathetic agenda.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-star-mich

I also want someone more experienced than Monk to take over next season but you & others on here who should know better, are taking your Laudrup frustrations out on Monk and I've had a titful to be honest. Monk is manager until the end of the season. Deal with it and support your club instead of undermining him with your 'assumptions'.
By all means criticise Monk if he's fecked up but don't ridicule him or deride him. He's Swansea City through & through & is doing his best.

Spot on I'm a bit bored with it all too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Pozuelo on 14:46 - Apr 14 with 2402 viewslovejuicejack

Pozuelo on 14:45 - Apr 14 by Darran

Spot on I'm a bit bored with it all too.

Well f*ck off then ur boring me
Pozuelo on 14:48 - Apr 14 with 2396 viewsDarran

Pozuelo on 14:46 - Apr 14 by lovejuicejack

No.

Pozuelo on 14:49 - Apr 14 with 2394 viewsApeShit

Pozuelo on 14:46 - Apr 14 by lovejuicejack

You are a delight.
Login to get fewer ads

Pozuelo on 14:50 - Apr 14 with 2389 viewsDarran

Pozuelo on 14:49 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

You are a delight.

Pity mun.

Pozuelo on 16:08 - Apr 14 with 2332 viewslovejuicejack

Pozuelo on 14:49 - Apr 14 by ApeShit

You are a delight.

Have a lie down love
Pozuelo on 16:25 - Apr 14 with 2302 viewsApeShit

Pozuelo on 16:08 - Apr 14 by lovejuicejack

Have a lie down love

I'm fine buddy, you're the one that's bored.
Pozuelo on 16:46 - Apr 14 with 2277 viewsLeonisGod

Ah, but no doubt Vorm was pressured into giving that interview whilst Ash and Garry held a red hot poker over his nads.

Fact is we'll never know how things would have worked out under Laudrup. And we won't know whether Monk's appointment has been a success until we know we are safe. In the meantime, absolutely we should all be getting together behind the team rather than forming Monk v Laudrup factions.
Pozuelo on 09:45 - Apr 15 with 2115 viewsSpratty

Thank you for making my point

Wathan's Monk must stay at all costs agenda is clear from his many articles

Did you see the comment at the bottom of that article, the more complimentary things Vorm had said about ML had been espunged from that article (appear as direct quotes in the Mail article).

Rumour as fact - I think not - I was accused of that once before and presented with an argument that we had played many more competitive games in our first PL season than this. Anyone with any clue about what we have been involved in would know that was absolute nonsense.

To be honest if we want to settle our team down again, a direct way sadly IMO would be to remove both Monk and Ash, and I do not doubt what Ash adds to our team as a player , nor what Monk has contributed to our team in the past as our Captain.
Pozuelo on 09:50 - Apr 15 with 2104 viewsIAN05

Pozuelo on 09:45 - Apr 15 by Spratty

Thank you for making my point

Wathan's Monk must stay at all costs agenda is clear from his many articles

Did you see the comment at the bottom of that article, the more complimentary things Vorm had said about ML had been espunged from that article (appear as direct quotes in the Mail article).

Rumour as fact - I think not - I was accused of that once before and presented with an argument that we had played many more competitive games in our first PL season than this. Anyone with any clue about what we have been involved in would know that was absolute nonsense.

To be honest if we want to settle our team down again, a direct way sadly IMO would be to remove both Monk and Ash, and I do not doubt what Ash adds to our team as a player , nor what Monk has contributed to our team in the past as our Captain.

It will be very interesting to see what comes out at the end of season. Monk seems to have the backing of all the local media and definitely of the staff at the club that I know and speak to, but what do the players really think ?
Pozuelo on 10:10 - Apr 15 with 2057 viewsharemscarem

Pozuelo on 14:10 - Apr 14 by IAN05

Problem is though, you chose to get ignore many other comments players make. Like JDG saying that something had to change, like Bony's comments about not knowing he wasn't playing and how that affected him. Or the fact that almost every player has commented on the improvement in Training and pre game preparation under Monk. I'm yet to see comment from a player that is glowing about Laudrup since he left - instead chosing to use terms like 'No disrespect to ML' or 'he was a decent man'. Not exactly glowing is it ?

Why have we seen such improvements to the form of Routs, Hernandez And JDG if they enjoyed life under Laudrup ao much.

I don't think there is any doubt that Monk and Williams complained about Laudrup"s approach, but they are not alone in their distaste for the way that the club was being managed. Curt, Tucker, Vorm, Leon and the fitness staff all had become sick of what they were seeing every day and didn't mind who knew it.

Also, HJ is a regular at the Training ground and will have seen many of the issues first hand.

Senior players complained about Laudrup twice last season and also under Sousa, yet the club didn't act. Quite clearly, the board had seen enough this time.

Routs and Hernandez also played well under Laudrup. Maybe not each time, but that is the way it also is now. JDG has improved a lot though. People forget the good games under Laudrup although he had problems during all the injuries and problems between the players. I don't think it really is a question about Laudrup or Monk, but a problem between the players in the squad.

Pozuelo on 10:16 - Apr 15 with 1906 viewsfootball2301

Pozuelo on 19:36 - Apr 13 by mark555

I heard a rumour today he had a bust up with Shelvey in training this week and Michu and Canas have thrown their dummies out the pram over it. Nasty Shelvey picking on a fellow Spaniard.

I thought it was rubbish but no Canas or Michu on the bench today, anyone heard this?

load of bolox
Pozuelo on 10:23 - Apr 15 with 1894 viewsquiff

Back to the thread, there may well be more to it, but it seems harsh that Poz has disappeared from sight under Monk, he's raw with a lot to learn, but there's a lot of potential there too.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Pozuelo on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 1795 viewsHighjack

Didn't Pozuelo have a massive bust up at his old club too? Part of the reason why we got him so cheap?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Pozuelo on 12:20 - Apr 15 with 1790 viewsJokeren1943

Pozuelo on 20:03 - Apr 13 by waynekerr55

Tell you what I don't believe half the stories coming out, but the sheer volume of stories shows that there is a lack of discipline. Perhaps a horrible f*cker like Koeman might be the man to knock some of the ego's in line

To me it more sound like frustations over fighting like tigers and keep getting beaten again and again and again.
Pozuelo on 12:25 - Apr 15 with 1767 viewsDarran

Pozuelo on 12:18 - Apr 15 by Highjack

Didn't Pozuelo have a massive bust up at his old club too? Part of the reason why we got him so cheap?

That'll be Monks fault too.

Pozuelo on 12:50 - Apr 15 with 1724 viewsMorSwan

I heard that Shelvey gave Pozuelo a good smack in training... and I heard from a good source too

Poll: What striker would you want?

Pozuelo on 13:01 - Apr 15 with 1703 viewsSpratty

Pozuelo on 12:50 - Apr 15 by MorSwan

I heard that Shelvey gave Pozuelo a good smack in training... and I heard from a good source too

That'd be Pozuelo's fault too!

Probably got one of those faces you just want to hit
Pozuelo on 13:27 - Apr 15 with 1653 viewsItchySphincter

Hinted at a problem some weeks ago and Spratty childishly accused me of hearsay and gossip as I had no proof. I still don't, but it doesn't mean it's not true. If Canas was to go this season it would be good riddance, he's failed on and off the pitch. As much as people would like it to be, Chico is not the problem.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Pozuelo on 13:52 - Apr 15 with 1615 viewsSpratty

Pozuelo on 14:10 - Apr 14 by IAN05

Vorm said sometimes things have to change - different from they needed to, now

Didn't see JDG's comment would be interested in the source. However something did change - the massive key injuries ended but now achieving less. Did he say the manager had to change or the training was not good enough? Perhaps he meant Ash and Monk needed to get behind the manager - who knows?

In Vorm's articel he seems to think the differences are few between old and new training except it is more like the actual game and monk is on them all the time - which could lead to increased stress. He also describes ML as calm and cool and Monk as more like a brother (he is complimentary to both). Perhaps a brother relationship is not the best one as a manager? Certainly good as a fellow player.

You must accept it would be almost impossible for any player to publically say anything less than positive about the current management. So that is difficult to decipher. Equally difficult to back a manager who has been sacked and that is what makes the complimentary comments to ML more credible. Thought saying he liked him and he was a decent and kind man - bins a lot of the comments made about him on here. Not sure he said no disrespect to Laudrup certainly said he would not say anything against him which is very different. Bony said he was a good coach and understood himself he needed to up his fitness. He played in every match he was fit as far as I am aware the minutes were less initially as he was not so effective / integrated into the team (he comments himself on lack of preseason). That is why quite a number initially thought him crap or unsuited to our team.

Routs and Dyer have always been players that were up and down. Why did we see Routs come on so well under Laudrup and more recently. Dyer hit top form under Laudrup until his injury (when previously not fitting the new style of play so well).

Pabs and JDG have always been excellent players - Pabs sliderule pass is a feature, remember West Brom before he was injured or them at home last year - perfection. Recall his mazy runs against the best opposition. Why do you think ML brought him in.
An on form Michu took prefernce for no. 10 - although the wingers roamed anyway.
JDG has played well recently but was always one of our most skillful players and has always chipped in with goals, playing further forward obviously gives him more opportunity. But certainly both of these players have played well recently it is excellent to have such quality brought to our club. I hope it continues.

Vorm's own quotes in the interview tell a different story. Interesting you mention Leon saw him as more perhipheral in what happened not sure it was really his style.

Interesting senior players complained twice about Laudrup in our most successful season ever as some reasonably call it. Which players were they?
Pozuelo on 13:56 - Apr 15 with 1601 viewsSpratty

Pozuelo on 13:27 - Apr 15 by ItchySphincter

Hinted at a problem some weeks ago and Spratty childishly accused me of hearsay and gossip as I had no proof. I still don't, but it doesn't mean it's not true. If Canas was to go this season it would be good riddance, he's failed on and off the pitch. As much as people would like it to be, Chico is not the problem.

Will check later - or perhaps you could enlighten us

Think I actually suggested what goes around comes around - re player dissenters

I for one would be very sorry to lose either Canas or Poz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024