Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilf cost us £15m 10:08 - May 21 with 6176 viewswhiterock

why would Swansea listen to offers of £18-£20m as reported in the Sunday Papers

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:08 - May 22 with 1016 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:03 - May 22 by dameedna

expect someone to come along any time now and say "Michu is not a striker"

Alvaro skillfully avoided getting injured by centre halves

Well he's not a fugging striker, is he!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:33 - May 22 with 990 viewswhiterock

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:08 - May 22 by SwansNZ

Whilst I agree that Alvaro never quite done it for Swansea, he played for Spain u21's in that position, he's gone now, is there any need to be spiteful?
Wilf cost us £15m on 09:54 - May 22 with 964 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:33 - May 22 by whiterock

Whilst I agree that Alvaro never quite done it for Swansea, he played for Spain u21's in that position, he's gone now, is there any need to be spiteful?

Michu

Wilf cost us £15m on 10:49 - May 25 with 872 viewsStarsky

It's just the internet, init.

Wilf cost us £15m on 11:28 - May 25 with 831 viewsDewi1jack

Wilf cost us £15m on 09:08 - May 22 by SwansNZ

Who, Vasquez or Michu?
The first is a given and I love the post that Vasquez skilfully avoided getting injured by defenders

There seems to be 2 schools on here.
People who believe as fact what they read in the Mail/ Sun etc and what they hear on Talksh1te. These seem to believe that Will is sh1te and only worth what their favourite team (Liverpool, Arsenal etc) is willing to pay.
And those realists who don't.

1/ Does Will want to leave? He and his agent have made the right noises and then you have Will's "I'm staying here celebration." So it appears he does want to stay. We'll see.

2/ Do we need to sell for financial reasons? No, thankfully. So let's get the right offer in before we start saying our goodbyes. £18-20 million is, IMHO, totally derisory and even to mention these figures is insulting.
We're not a big club, but we're no minnow either. FFS stop slavering just because the media is linking one of our players with your favourite team.

IMHO, Will will be here next season. I think both he and his agent realise that if he can repeat or improve on his goal tally next season, Will may possibly get a call off a much bigger club.
Besides that, he'll want to be starting in the ACoN and he can only do that if he's playing regularly and knocking them in. That won't do us any harm.

And to the person who reckons Will's goal return, hold up, defensive and assist play is nothing special.
Stop sniffing whatever substance you're abusing and take the meds your CMHT recommend.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Wilf cost us £15m on 11:31 - May 25 with 826 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unfortunately some just can't help it. They predicted he'd fail. He failed. Let the schadenfreude commence

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Wilf cost us £15m on 16:48 - May 25 with 766 viewsStarsky

Wilf cost us £15m on 11:31 - May 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately some just can't help it. They predicted he'd fail. He failed. Let the schadenfreude commence

It's just the internet, init.

Wilf cost us £15m on 02:17 - May 26 with 694 viewsJoeSoccerFan

Wilf cost us £15m on 11:28 - May 25 by Dewi1jack

Who, Vasquez or Michu?
The first is a given and I love the post that Vasquez skilfully avoided getting injured by defenders

People who believe as fact what they read in the Mail/ Sun etc and what they hear on Talksh1te. These seem to believe that Will is sh1te and only worth what their favourite team (Liverpool, Arsenal etc) is willing to pay.

1/ Does Will want to leave? He and his agent have made the right noises and then you have Will's "I'm staying here celebration." So it appears he does want to stay. We'll see.

2/ Do we need to sell for financial reasons? No, thankfully. So let's get the right offer in before we start saying our goodbyes. £18-20 million is, IMHO, totally derisory and even to mention these figures is insulting.
We're not a big club, but we're no minnow either. FFS stop slavering just because the media is linking one of our players with your favourite team.

IMHO, Will will be here next season. I think both he and his agent realise that if he can repeat or improve on his goal tally next season, Will may possibly get a call off a much bigger club.
Besides that, he'll want to be starting in the ACoN and he can only do that if he's playing regularly and knocking them in. That won't do us any harm.

And to the person who reckons Will's goal return, hold up, defensive and assist play is nothing special.
Stop sniffing whatever substance you're abusing and take the meds your CMHT recommend.

or the 3rd school who appreciate Bony's skill and goal scoring ability and realize his value to us.

#1 - ignore the player-speak and especially ignore the agent-speak. Of course, they are going to say that they want to stay. Which means that until they have a substantial payday from another suitor they want to make nice with the club and the fans.
#2 - No, we don't need to sell, but each player has a value to us and to the market. If a buyer significantly overpays, we must sell and backfill with a lower cost but equally valued player. For example, if we bought Bony at 15mil, then we must sell at 25-30mil. We took the risk and a 3Mil profit is not sufficient.

I find it funny that we were able to find a 15Mil striker just a year ago, but some posters claim that we have to pay $25mil to replace Bony. Ridiculous. Not every purchase will pan out, hence the risk, but if the scouting department is quality, we should be able to find a player.
Login to get fewer ads

Wilf cost us £15m on 02:32 - May 26 with 689 viewsdameedna

Wilf cost us £15m on 11:28 - May 25 by Dewi1jack

Who, Vasquez or Michu?

Dewi, me and NZ arguing over Michu as a striker and why Vasques left

there was a fleeting moment when Vasquez performed but it was like a candle in the wind and I started to think we may keep him.
I think GM decided to let him he was too nice/not nasty enough yet, didn't get stuck in and put himself about, but NZ told me that is not why he left

Aside from an injured Michu we only have Wilf as an option and maybe Emnes which is dire. W/o Wilf I agree with some comments earlier, we would have been relegated. If we had signed Aspas we would have been doomed but I guess we would have gone higher than Ngog in Jan. Wilf was a major signing and reason for holding our own in Attack and Defence and sometimes in Midfield.

With Wilf the Brazil factor is about to be played out and that may make him extremely popular and as it only comes every 4 years, at his age this could be a pearl of an opportunity to shine so for that reason I hope his country bows out gracefully at the WC
Wilf cost us £15m on 03:30 - May 26 with 675 viewsDavillin

There's a news story being plagiarized around the media that Swansea have set £25 million as the price for Bony.

It's clear that they've been following PlanetSwans -- this very thread, in fact.

Keep it up. Or "keep it higher," say £45 million, and see how long it takes for that to hit the papers!

Trash sports media!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Wilf cost us £15m on 06:51 - May 26 with 654 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf cost us £15m on 03:30 - May 26 by Davillin

There's a news story being plagiarized around the media that Swansea have set £25 million as the price for Bony.

It's clear that they've been following PlanetSwans -- this very thread, in fact.

Keep it up. Or "keep it higher," say £45 million, and see how long it takes for that to hit the papers!

Trash sports media!

Bony is worth 50 million, at least

Wilf cost us £15m on 06:57 - May 26 with 649 viewsSwansNZ

Wilf cost us £15m on 02:32 - May 26 by dameedna

Dewi, me and NZ arguing over Michu as a striker and why Vasques left

there was a fleeting moment when Vasquez performed but it was like a candle in the wind and I started to think we may keep him.
I think GM decided to let him he was too nice/not nasty enough yet, didn't get stuck in and put himself about, but NZ told me that is not why he left

Aside from an injured Michu we only have Wilf as an option and maybe Emnes which is dire. W/o Wilf I agree with some comments earlier, we would have been relegated. If we had signed Aspas we would have been doomed but I guess we would have gone higher than Ngog in Jan. Wilf was a major signing and reason for holding our own in Attack and Defence and sometimes in Midfield.

With Wilf the Brazil factor is about to be played out and that may make him extremely popular and as it only comes every 4 years, at his age this could be a pearl of an opportunity to shine so for that reason I hope his country bows out gracefully at the WC

I'm not arguing. Michu is an attacking midfielder, who is able to fill in up front, not a striker.

Re. Alvaro, I'm sure we did not let him go just because he's not a hard man.

Wilf cost us £15m on 17:30 - May 26 with 611 viewsDewi1jack

Wilf cost us £15m on 06:57 - May 26 by SwansNZ

I'm not arguing. Michu is an attacking midfielder, who is able to fill in up front, not a striker.

Re. Alvaro, I'm sure we did not let him go just because he's not a hard man.

Mich never seemed to look as happy playing as the lone striker. Or as good as when he was played in the AM role.
I don't think there are many people who believe Michu is a striker.
Will brings so much to the team, both in defense (we're not the best defending team) and attack. I find it hard to understand what Will Bony some people are watching ("he's ok." Take away his goals and assists and we don't lose any points etc. Maybe there's another Will Bony plying his trade in the Nigerian 5th division that no one else is watching.
We all seem to agree that we need some new players, but not by selling off our good players for ridiculously low amounts (£18 mill.)
We hold the aces in the deal, although it's not good business to keep unhappy payers (or spend stupidly high amounts to buy a player, only to sell him at a few million loss, a few months later )
Personally, I still have faith in the board to do what's right for the club and keep us moving forward and everyone knows we need another striker.
I still reckon Will will be here next season. And undoubtedly there are people queueing up to say "we were right all along" if Will leaves
Don't expect to see them coming on here and admitting they're wrong

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024