Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
O.M.G! 13:29 - May 25 with 2002 viewsowderrammy

It has to be said and I'm saying it. This was one of the best goal assists Q.P.R. are ever going to get, and in the last minute, what could be more perfect, and if you think I sound bitter, yes I am bitter.
As for Wembley the acclaimed showpiece of English football, what a derelict area of ugliness it has become, surrounded as it is with shabby plastic high-rise hotels. This stadium should have been rebuilt in the M25 M1 M40 corridor, but oh no, the metropolitan elite (Greg Dyke being one) dismissed the rest of England and decided to place it in a traffic jammed hell that allows Derby people to return home at eleven o'clock plus, god knows what time people from Newcastle would have made it home.
O.M.G! on 13:58 - May 25 with 2001 viewsdavram

Well, is it not the case that "tradition" & the vanity value to the FA of the "national stadium" retaining its famous location (as well as money) talked loud when the decision was taken to rebuild Wembley?

It's clear that if football was still truly "the fans' game" the new stadium would have been built near Birmingham. All that city will get, despite it's great service network & centrality, is the HS2 tracks rammed through its greenfield areas for the service of the elite business class in London.

I'm not an eco-warrior, just a lifelong Rams fan who's also sad to see a bankrupt club with inflated wage bill scrape through - but hardly to their ultimate salvation.

Wembley is a fine stadium, and it was a great football day, but tempered by Derby's failure to use attacking possession profitably and find the ruthlessness that many fans have recognised to be a serious flaw for Mac & Co to address.

Were Derby just TOO confident? Did their approach, especially against 10 men - border on arrogance and a mistaken belief that they'd eventually just walk the ball into the QPR net?

As McClaren has stressed, humility is important, but did Derby's players really show that humility yesterday, or did they expect the ball to go into the net all by itself based on the possession statistics and their little triangle passing sequences?

BTW, our early travel via the M42/M40 and nicking to/from Wembley via Greenford presented no travel problems and easy return home in time to watch most of the Champions League final - after the fiasco of the traffic jams in 2007, the M1 was certainly to be avoided, surely?!
O.M.G! on 15:49 - May 25 with 1978 viewsRabbram10

Well IMO taking off Russell for Dawkins & Not starting with Bryson was two mistakes & Mac hasn't made too many off them?
The team looked far more likely to Win when Bryson arrived, but it wasn't to be & Grant has gone over 90 minutes without having a save to make, unbelievable boarding on tearful!!
I hope the club will pull out all the stops to keep Wisdom & Thorne especially Thorne, best player on the pitch yestrday bar none, class act!!!!!
O.M.G! on 16:16 - May 25 with 1976 viewsdavram

I'm not sure that Derby looked more likely to win when Bryson & Dawkins came on, Rabb, because they all kept on playing in front of a massed defence & didn't have the guile to break it down.

Of course, Bryson is more of a goal threat than Will, but Russell was taken off even though he'd showed the courage to take on and run at defenders.

The one he finally got past was sent off for his trouble - perhaps one of the most valuable "professional" fouls in football history.

But we didn't take that example on through the rest of the game, & Ward was back to his usual wasteful ways.

Can anyone tell me why he takes the majority of the free kicks & corners? He didn't take 'em all yesterday, but the production of very little danger from 14 corners tells its own story - that was ultimately a major factor in losing the game & all it would have brought to the club.

A 10% success rate from corners through a season is worth many points; I just wonder what Derby's stats are?.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024