Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for board to deliver 09:20 - May 30 with 2190 viewsjiggyjag

So with season ticket sales nearing the 20,000 mark and the steady progression on the field with limited resources next season the board has to show its intent on giving the manager the funds to enable the side to push for automatic promotion.

Saying we are happy to be in the play offs is not showing enough ambition, it isn't going to take much but key players have to be brought in as we were very lucky with injuries which probably wont happen for a 2nd season.

The fans are backing the players and the club now is the time for the board to do the same and show it's real intent on and vision as to wanting to compete in the best league in the world.
Time for board to deliver on 13:38 - May 31 with 2170 viewsRabbram10

Well Jiggy, the men that count r all off to the USA & hopefully they will return with a favourable cheque book in order to strengthen the team for another assault on the Premier?
I personally don't think we need to make very many additions to improve the team, if we can get George Thorne in on a permanent deal & maybe entice Wisdom back on loan for another season, that would be a great start! Another two or three would be good with another wide player to challenge Ward & Dawkins & another Striker to replace Bamford would be a great improvement! I still don't fancy Sammon?
Another CH would help as well if Barker is finished!
In Mac I trust!
Time for board to deliver on 21:59 - May 31 with 2155 viewsowderrammy

Well Rabb it seems that Bolton's Chris Eagles is on the loose. He is my type of wide player. What say?
Time for board to deliver on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 2123 viewsRabbram10

Hi Owder, I would agree, Eagles would be a good signing, good footballer, scores goals & great passer of the ball!
Rumour are we r also after:
Shaun Hutchison a CH from Motherwell I think?
Jordon Ibe from Liverpool a 19yo Forward he was at Brum last season on loan
There's also talk of Jonathan Parr LB from Crystal Palace & Scott Sinclair from Man City?
Hopefully we will get a few of them in + George Thorne but I don't think WBA want to let him go, so it could be a non starter unless Thorne asks to go!
[Post edited 2 Jun 2014 17:16]
Time for board to deliver on 10:56 - Jun 3 with 2097 viewspkay_brum

Steve Mac and DCFC directors are in Chicago now, discussing 2014-15 plans with the owner/investment group.

Having attended the DCFC iPro forum last week with Messrs. Rush & Vicars, it is clear that they intend to either secure such as Wisdom, Bamford and Thorne again or bring in players in their position of equivalent quality.

I didn't hear the directors say that they would 'be happy with the play-offs' at all.

The club feels that it is set up to provide a good placement for Prem starlets and that top clubs see Derby as an attractive option for their developing players.

We will also see 2 or 3 permanent additions to improve the squad - and Rush & Vicars declared that it is Derby's intention to go one better and claim an automatic promotion place next season.

We will only know the 'vision and intent' of the club when it is time to restructure and go up a gear when we finally do get promoted - it's just too nebulous at the moment to see further ahead than a damn good ruthless and successful Championship campaign next season, that equals or betters the performance of 2013-14.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024