Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could this team push for promotion? 10:52 - Aug 7 with 5270 viewsTyrion_Lannister

The pundits and various 'respectable' forums etc are virtually guaranteeing us relegation.
BUT, I actually think we have a really good makings of a squad here, yes probably short of a striker, another keeper and possibly winger/attacking midfielder. I think if Riga can get some cohesion early, and a stress 'EARLY', I honestly think we will surprise this League.
It seems with the Miller Interview he has been assured personally by Riga that he is going to stay, and possibly for the long term.
A few good results and the Tangerine Army will soon give their vocal backing !!

UTMP - OYSTON OUT

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 16:17 - Aug 7 with 631 viewsdaveysue

Could this team push for promotion? on 15:52 - Aug 7 by rockbriggs

I think the league this season is there for the taking I cant see any standout teams apart from maybe derby. With the quality weve brought in I rhink we all could be in for a surprise

You lot are obviously working in a glue factory and not using protective masks. Promotion! We'll be down by Xmas with KOKO refusing to invest in anything realising that the season is already over. Promotion! Yeah, what about the Champions League the season after with a 12 man squad and the Goodies tridem to get us there.
Could this team push for promotion? on 17:45 - Aug 7 with 622 viewsBFCJonathanII

Yes-I think if we add a few more quality signings we could get a play off place, especially with the good manager we have.

Every credit to Jose Riga and Belokon for standing up to the Oyston family- that is why we have the team we do at the moment.
Could this team push for promotion? on 17:56 - Aug 7 with 617 viewsWindyMiller

Do you know, when you look at Blackburn (and OK they had Rhodes) one of the worst teams I've seen in the Championship last season and yet came within a point of being in the Play Offs last season! I say 'why not' but disappointed we've not brought more in!

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Could this team push for promotion? on 18:51 - Aug 7 with 610 viewsTyrion_Lannister

Could this team push for promotion? on 17:56 - Aug 7 by WindyMiller

Do you know, when you look at Blackburn (and OK they had Rhodes) one of the worst teams I've seen in the Championship last season and yet came within a point of being in the Play Offs last season! I say 'why not' but disappointed we've not brought more in!

Good point, well reasoned Windy

WINTER IS COMING!!

Could this team push for promotion? on 18:52 - Aug 7 with 610 viewsscratchingshed

Could this team push for promotion? on 16:10 - Aug 7 by FY4MIKEH

I think this season that promotion is a bridge too far, but mid table should be achievable.

In a word NO.
Could this team push for promotion? on 20:53 - Aug 7 with 596 viewsBISONS

Its the usual suspects getting carried away. We've, signed a whole team in just a few days, preparation is a shambles we are a month behind every other team.

We haven't signed players who we know are going to tear this league apart, they are more likely to tear a muscle. It appears, at least, we have got technically better players than the last 2 seasons but it can only be mid table at the very best. To believe any more than that is plain blinkered.

I hope we reignite behind Riga like under Holloway that counts for a lot, especially at home. If we all pull together in the same direction we will stay up, hopefully!
Could this team push for promotion? on 21:21 - Aug 7 with 590 viewsWindyMiller

Could this team push for promotion? on 20:53 - Aug 7 by BISONS

Its the usual suspects getting carried away. We've, signed a whole team in just a few days, preparation is a shambles we are a month behind every other team.

We haven't signed players who we know are going to tear this league apart, they are more likely to tear a muscle. It appears, at least, we have got technically better players than the last 2 seasons but it can only be mid table at the very best. To believe any more than that is plain blinkered.

I hope we reignite behind Riga like under Holloway that counts for a lot, especially at home. If we all pull together in the same direction we will stay up, hopefully!

BISONS - great to have you on board - not seen your name on AVFTT for a while - the quality finally starting to show.

You have to look at Derby and see how they've been building season by season to realise that we aren't going to walk back in to the Prem in the near future. We need now to build and I hope that after a few months that KO gives some of the players better contracts than what they are on.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Could this team push for promotion? on 21:44 - Aug 7 with 588 viewsBigbrother

Could this team push for promotion? on 21:21 - Aug 7 by WindyMiller

BISONS - great to have you on board - not seen your name on AVFTT for a while - the quality finally starting to show.

You have to look at Derby and see how they've been building season by season to realise that we aren't going to walk back in to the Prem in the near future. We need now to build and I hope that after a few months that KO gives some of the players better contracts than what they are on.

What I would find interesting is if we did go up - would the principles of the 'boycott Bloomfield Road' brigade scuttle back!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

Login to get fewer ads

Could this team push for promotion? on 09:26 - Aug 8 with 574 viewsSTHolder

I thought it was funny last night on Sky when Simon Thomas said to Riga do you think you'll still be in the Championship next season - bet Riga was thinking 'might be a bit early to be thinking about promotion!!'
Could this team push for promotion? on 09:52 - Aug 8 with 569 viewsYarmouthSeasider

Could this team push for promotion? on 09:26 - Aug 8 by STHolder

I thought it was funny last night on Sky when Simon Thomas said to Riga do you think you'll still be in the Championship next season - bet Riga was thinking 'might be a bit early to be thinking about promotion!!'

Could this team push for promotion, the short answer has got to be, it's bloody unlikely! Whilst some of the players may be slightly better than expected you gave to remember most of them are still cast offs and we have had no pre season preparation whatsoever.

If, and I happen to think it's quite a big if, we manage to stay up this season we could have the same situation again next close season.
As a club there needs to be an entire change of mindset, there needs to be investment, pure and simple. I happen to think Karl may have bitten off a little more than he can chew with Riga, after all he's in a win, win situation, if he fails he can heap the blame on Karl (quite rightly so) and if he succeeds he enhances his reputation and he'll be off.

Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent

Could this team push for promotion? on 09:58 - Aug 8 with 565 viewstde74

Could this team push for promotion? Ask me in a month's time. At the moment I don't have the slightest.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024