Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday 08:48 - Aug 11 with 4208 viewsJackfath

I thought I would go to this match as I have never been to OT before.

I looked into a ticket, cost of getting there and also thought I would stay over in a travel lodge or similar.

Sadly the cost of doing this is extortionate and I am not going to pay it. Good luck to anyone who can afford this type of match.

Are there any others whose money doesn't stretch to this sort of game?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:51 - Aug 11 with 2738 viewsSwansNZ

Me, but I have been to OT before

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:56 - Aug 11 with 2715 viewsraynor94

What's a ball park figure we are talking about here?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 2699 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:56 - Aug 11 by raynor94

Ticket £45 ?
Bus £25 ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 2699 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:56 - Aug 11 by raynor94

>£150

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 with 2693 viewsClinton

Whinging nonsense.

55 quid for a ticket.
24 quid return coach.

I'm not saying it's great value, but not massively extortionate.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:01 - Aug 11 with 2686 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 by Clinton

Whinging nonsense.

55 quid for a ticket.
24 quid return coach.

I'm not saying it's great value, but not massively extortionate.

Whinging?

Really?

Just putting my point of view forward. IMO it is extortionate seeing as its a football match a few hours away.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:03 - Aug 11 with 2673 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

£150

How you get to that price ?
First class train?
Prawn sandwich stand ?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:04 - Aug 11 with 2666 viewsraynor94

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

>£150

Scandalous, I'd never pay it, and the game is live on tv

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:04 - Aug 11 with 2666 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:03 - Aug 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

£150

How you get to that price ?
First class train?
Prawn sandwich stand ?

Ticket
Travel
Staying over
Food & Drink.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:06 - Aug 11 with 2657 viewsPegojack

Travel, accommodation, etc. are fringe items about which you have some choice. the ticket price isn't. £55 is too much, and football fans need to say so, loudly, and vote with their feet. It's the only way things will change.
The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:08 - Aug 11 with 2646 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:06 - Aug 11 by Pegojack

Travel, accommodation, etc. are fringe items about which you have some choice. the ticket price isn't. £55 is too much, and football fans need to say so, loudly, and vote with their feet. It's the only way things will change.

Thank you for your opinion. I agree.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:09 - Aug 11 with 2640 viewsPhil_S

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:06 - Aug 11 by Pegojack

I agree.
The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:10 - Aug 11 with 2635 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:04 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

Ticket
Travel
Staying over
Food & Drink.

While I agree the ticket price is scandalous , you have chosen a good old fashion stay over etc.

So £150 isn't the basic price .
In fact £150 for all you say is quite good .

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:10 - Aug 11 with 2633 viewsJackfath

I would be going alone. Imagine the cost of a family to go.

Mental.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:11 - Aug 11 with 2624 viewsBaker

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:04 - Aug 11 by raynor94

Scandalous, I'd never pay it, and the game is live on tv

And we're going to get bummed senseless by them.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:11 - Aug 11 with 2621 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:10 - Aug 11 by oh_tommy_tommy

While I agree the ticket price is scandalous , you have chosen a good old fashion stay over etc.

So £150 isn't the basic price .
In fact £150 for all you say is quite good .

Which is why I added a" >"

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:19 - Aug 11 with 2577 viewsSwanaldinho

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:04 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

Ticket
Travel
Staying over
Food & Drink.

Why do you feel the need to stay over?

Ticket is £46
Bus is £24

£70 quid all in to watch the Super Swans win at Old Trafford on the first game of the season.

Chuck a tenner on Gylfi to score first and you will have a free day!
The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:20 - Aug 11 with 2573 viewsMrSwerve

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:11 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

Which is why I added a" >"

Mafs innit.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:23 - Aug 11 with 2548 viewsMrSwerve

Personally I like to enjoy the whole away match experience, I don't fancy doing an 8 hour round trip on a coach smelling of pee.

Nice to travel up on the train with the misses, have a few beers, check in at the hotel, watch the Swans play for a goalless draw, have a few more pints, have a nice meal then give her a good seeing to to finish off the day.

Not a cheap few days away.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 2543 viewsDarran

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 08:59 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

>£150

Go next season after you've won Tipping Point.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:24 - Aug 11 with 2543 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:19 - Aug 11 by Swanaldinho

Why do you feel the need to stay over?

Ticket is £46
Bus is £24

£70 quid all in to watch the Super Swans win at Old Trafford on the first game of the season.

Chuck a tenner on Gylfi to score first and you will have a free day!

I thought I would take a look around Manchester to see how it's developed as a city.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 11 with 2532 viewsBaker

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:24 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

I thought I would take a look around Manchester to see how it's developed as a city.

PM DYSS.

Maybe he could put you up for the evening?

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 11 with 2526 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 11 by Baker

PM DYSS.

Maybe he could put you up for the evening?

He's away.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:27 - Aug 11 with 2524 viewsBaker

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:26 - Aug 11 by Jackfath

He's away.

That's a shame.

I reckon he'd be ace to have a pint with.

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:28 - Aug 11 with 2521 viewsJackfath

The cost of going to watch SCFC at Old Trafford on Saturday on 09:27 - Aug 11 by Baker

That's a shame.

I reckon he'd be ace to have a pint with.

Indeed like all the poster on Planet Swans.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024