Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
poor performance yesterday imo 09:26 - Aug 17 with 3265 viewsjackforever

Bet yet it was still good enough to win at Old Trafford, that has to be a massive plus as I honestly believe we can raise our game way beyond yesterdays performance. Also nice to already have more points this season than we did last against a top 8 side. Amazing what a manager with the right attitude can achieve. Lets hope we get the remainder of our shopping list bought and lets enjoy another wonderful swansea city premier league season.
poor performance yesterday imo on 09:31 - Aug 17 with 3226 viewsRancid

If we're looking for perfection then yes, we weren't quite there but in no shape or form was that a poor performance.Shearer and Gullit who both watched the game said we were superb and I agree.

Early doors yet though.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2014 9:32]
poor performance yesterday imo on 09:53 - Aug 17 with 3152 viewsDyfnant

I can't see how any better a performance can be expected away from home anywhere, never mind at Old Trafford. Clinical

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:06 - Aug 17 with 3083 viewsAngelRangelQS

I suppose if you wanted to be critical you could say that there were times, especially in the first half where our passing was sloppy but you'd come to expect that given where we were playing and it being the first game of the season.

It also rehighlighted the need for a defensive midfielder too but you really are nitpicking if you're picking out things from yesterday that weren't good enough to be fair.
poor performance yesterday imo on 10:19 - Aug 17 with 3023 viewsPacemaker

We panicked on occasions losing possession by just hoofing it back to them, against a better team we would have been punished.

Saying that we were beating Man Utd away so they had every reason to act rashly as it was not a position we have been in regularly before. Monk did say there was plenty to work which is a good thing.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:20 - Aug 17 with 3020 viewsjackforever

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:06 - Aug 17 by AngelRangelQS

I suppose if you wanted to be critical you could say that there were times, especially in the first half where our passing was sloppy but you'd come to expect that given where we were playing and it being the first game of the season.

It also rehighlighted the need for a defensive midfielder too but you really are nitpicking if you're picking out things from yesterday that weren't good enough to be fair.

I just feel our passing was nowhere near its best, a few players off the boil and a few with so much more to give. Its a point that was made this morning on the sunday supplement and I agree with it. This swansea side can and will play a lot better than that. It was no where near the level of performance we put in at times over the past few seasons, although I agree tactically we were superb as was our shape and commitment. Perhaps my title is a bit ott but my post is meant as a massive compliment to monk and the players.
Also interesting to note how well ALL our new signings played despite our 'low key' pre season. Funny that. Maybe a pre season game away at Reading is better preparation than a tournament in the states against madrid etc. One things for certain we have a manager that keeps improving, learning whilst at the same time delivering in many areas. If only he had some contacts in the game!!
poor performance yesterday imo on 10:23 - Aug 17 with 2984 viewsexiledclaseboy

Poor? FFS. We were not the best we could be by any means but no way we were "poor".

Poll: Tory leader

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:26 - Aug 17 with 2945 viewsSwan91

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:20 - Aug 17 by jackforever

I just feel our passing was nowhere near its best, a few players off the boil and a few with so much more to give. Its a point that was made this morning on the sunday supplement and I agree with it. This swansea side can and will play a lot better than that. It was no where near the level of performance we put in at times over the past few seasons, although I agree tactically we were superb as was our shape and commitment. Perhaps my title is a bit ott but my post is meant as a massive compliment to monk and the players.
Also interesting to note how well ALL our new signings played despite our 'low key' pre season. Funny that. Maybe a pre season game away at Reading is better preparation than a tournament in the states against madrid etc. One things for certain we have a manager that keeps improving, learning whilst at the same time delivering in many areas. If only he had some contacts in the game!!

If you looked at the other premier league games you could tell passing wasn't that good. Arsenal for example even though they won their passing was dreadful. I think it's just because it's the first game of the season. Players still getting used to the tactics and still trying passes out.

I'm expecting us to pass pretty well in the next few games. Btw wasn't our passing accuracy something like 80% which isn't too bad.
poor performance yesterday imo on 10:27 - Aug 17 with 2935 viewsjackforever

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:23 - Aug 17 by exiledclaseboy

Poor? FFS. We were not the best we could be by any means but no way we were "poor".

Bollucks youve noticed my atention seeking headline. Its my new style of posting. Fed up of just being one of a group of sensible posters so thought I would do what so many others do and go for the kill.
Login to get fewer ads

poor performance yesterday imo on 10:35 - Aug 17 with 2874 views1jack

Did anyone see Arsenal's passing yesterday, worse than us and they are the pass masters. fvck me we won at old trafford with a 29 pass move for one of our goals and someone says our passing was poor. Arghhhhh.
poor performance yesterday imo on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 2751 viewsjaf69

ofc we can pick holes in yesterdays performance, and im sure the management will be doing just that this week.
but come on from a fans stand point we beat man utd at old Trafford. in that respect it was a fvcking awesome performance!
poor performance yesterday imo on 12:02 - Aug 17 with 2538 viewsScoobyWho

Let's see how they get on next week with twenty fking thousand jack bassards screaming them on!

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

poor performance yesterday imo on 12:32 - Aug 17 with 2445 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The whole point is that they played much better in terms of passing and possession in some games last year and either drew or lost.
That was an epic performance yesterday, Monk proved absolutely right.
poor performance yesterday imo on 13:50 - Aug 17 with 2321 viewsPrivate_Partz

poor performance yesterday imo on 09:53 - Aug 17 by Dyfnant

I can't see how any better a performance can be expected away from home anywhere, never mind at Old Trafford. Clinical

I agree with this. It is also funny how often the media say sides have had an off day for whatever reason when we beat a time. I sometimes think that we as supporters often fall into the same trap. We were at OT. As the home side they are bound to have more chances.on this occasion however we restricted them to very few. I could not have expected any more from our team.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

poor performance yesterday imo on 14:25 - Aug 17 with 2252 viewsdickythorpe

What a poor build up for Ki's goal. I demand at least 45 passes before we score.

Honestly "poor" FFS
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024