Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Set pieces and height advantage 10:16 - Aug 17 with 697 viewsAVFTTConvert

Anyone else disappointed with our corners and free kicks and more to the point how little we won with the big lads in the box?

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Set pieces and height advantage on 18:18 - Aug 17 with 636 viewsSouthshorepool

I wonder if it's down to fitness. Zoko, Miller, Fonz and Davies are all big units and could cause teams loads of problems. I do wish we'd have got Sharpe in instead of nutjob. He would have perfect getting the tap ins etc.
I also wonder whether Miller has ever been committed to any type of fight. He was itching to come off yesterday as soon as he got a knock. I bet he's out on Tuesday.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Set pieces and height advantage on 20:41 - Aug 17 with 576 viewswalwynwasgod

We have been weak for years at set pieces.
Set pieces and height advantage on 21:09 - Aug 17 with 565 viewsstu

Thought Miller seemed to be more interested in the game last 10 mins

Tangerine is the new black

Set pieces and height advantage on 22:55 - Aug 17 with 541 viewsGrayth

Zenjov's corners were good. We need to work on defending set plays before attacking them. Not sure how much of a height advantage we'll have. Clarke and Daniels are barely over 6ft, Miller is tall but useless in the air. I think Ranger's more of a header of the ball, but he's still no Murphs.

When your team's rubbish at football, you need to take advantage of set plays. They're such cheap goals. We need someone with Fuller's movement and ability to get free. He pretty much kept us up last year.
Set pieces and height advantage on 08:51 - Aug 18 with 492 viewsWindyMiller

Set pieces and height advantage on 22:55 - Aug 17 by Grayth

Zenjov's corners were good. We need to work on defending set plays before attacking them. Not sure how much of a height advantage we'll have. Clarke and Daniels are barely over 6ft, Miller is tall but useless in the air. I think Ranger's more of a header of the ball, but he's still no Murphs.

When your team's rubbish at football, you need to take advantage of set plays. They're such cheap goals. We need someone with Fuller's movement and ability to get free. He pretty much kept us up last year.

Agree about defending set pieces - maybe our fans were inspired by our attacking play and forgetting how vulnerable we looked at the back in comparison to Blackburn who I thought were very well organised.

It is true though that we need to get more from our set pieces - it was what it was though - a group of strangers all going for the same ball with no clear plan of action. That will come.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Set pieces and height advantage on 09:53 - Aug 18 with 479 views1953Original

Set pieces and height advantage on 08:51 - Aug 18 by WindyMiller

Agree about defending set pieces - maybe our fans were inspired by our attacking play and forgetting how vulnerable we looked at the back in comparison to Blackburn who I thought were very well organised.

It is true though that we need to get more from our set pieces - it was what it was though - a group of strangers all going for the same ball with no clear plan of action. That will come.

When we came out I thought we looked a big unit but actually by the time it came to set pieces etc we didn't seem to have much of an advantage - maybe a Bloomfield Road optical illusion!!

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024