Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? 15:23 - Aug 20 with 1126 viewsPoolman

Did we gift Brentford the 3 points last night? I agree with Riga - in both the Blackburn and Brentford games the goals we conceded were avoidable and there would have been 6 points! Or is it more serious than that?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 15:42 - Aug 20 with 1110 views911_Kirky

Their second was a stupid school boy error. This linked to the fact we have had no pre season, lack of fitness, lack of time to gel and have missed out on the 'better' players - leaves us with what we have..... A cobbled together cheap squad that will, in my view struggle in this league!

I hope Riga improves things, I really do.
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 15:43 - Aug 20 with 1109 viewsTartanTangerine

It is more serious. The midfield is poor and the forwards don't join up well together. I don't think McMahon is good enough and we need more cover at the back.

Other than that, it may just be "silly mistakes".
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 16:28 - Aug 20 with 1089 viewstommytwojags

Don't kid yourself. We were not capable of winning any of the four games so far, however well you think we played in the second half of each. Brentford's first goal was coming for 15 minutes. They completely dominated the midfield and they are a bottom half team. We might have held out for a barely deserved draw but a schoolboy mistake decided it. Like last season I can't see where a win is coming from.
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 16:31 - Aug 20 with 1087 viewsWizaard

Bit of both. The goals we've conceded have been avoidable but equally they've come about because of hesitation and choosing wrong options that wouldn't happen if they'd undergone a full preseason and were working as a team.

It will get better but in the interim we're suffering.
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 1083 viewsronsonmg

Lets be fair about this, non of these players have played together before. They have still to jell as a unit and gain confidence and understanding of each others playing ability. Its going to take time. The situation that Koko has put Jose in is not ideal, its just going to take time and that Jose and Pool don`t have.
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 19:55 - Aug 20 with 1018 viewsspooner

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 16:40 - Aug 20 by ronsonmg

Lets be fair about this, non of these players have played together before. They have still to jell as a unit and gain confidence and understanding of each others playing ability. Its going to take time. The situation that Koko has put Jose in is not ideal, its just going to take time and that Jose and Pool don`t have.

TTJ is right.
Yes, they may not have gelled yet, but, as "professionals", they should have a grasp of the basics.
Support the man with the ball
Track back when we lose it
Pass and move
Keep your shape
Win personal battles
Play the way you're facing
Communicate - let others know where you are - don't go for the same ball.
Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 18:37 - Aug 21 with 945 viewswespens

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 19:55 - Aug 20 by spooner

TTJ is right.
Yes, they may not have gelled yet, but, as "professionals", they should have a grasp of the basics.
Support the man with the ball
Track back when we lose it
Pass and move
Keep your shape
Win personal battles
Play the way you're facing
Communicate - let others know where you are - don't go for the same ball.

In fairness to Daniels 99/100 that ball would have gone out of play - the lad misjudged it and their player just wanted it more - we can cut out those errors

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 18:51 - Aug 21 with 943 viewsstu

and we looked so good for first 20 mins

Tangerine is the new black

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 08:43 - Aug 22 with 897 viewsAVFTTConvert

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 18:51 - Aug 21 by stu

and we looked so good for first 20 mins

I agree with Wizz that we are a 'work in progress' - can happen anywhere though as Wigan are demonstrating - good end to their season, same manager and players, good pre-season and a poor start!!

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 883 views1953Original

Is it just 'silly mistakes' or is it more serious? on 08:43 - Aug 22 by AVFTTConvert

I agree with Wizz that we are a 'work in progress' - can happen anywhere though as Wigan are demonstrating - good end to their season, same manager and players, good pre-season and a poor start!!

Daniels is 19 and will make mistakes like that however Fonz and Oriol not closing their player down for the first was criminal. It is basics and if you can't get them right then you have no chance.

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024