Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do people at the club actually care anymore? 11:26 - Aug 24 with 5779 viewsDarran

You know the ones,the ones that don't need a car park pass,don't need to go through the turnstiles or go to the Riverside for a half time pint.

Discuss.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:32 - Aug 24 with 3443 viewsFlashberryjack

I don't think they do.....I really do, they don't give a flying f*ck

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:42 - Aug 24 with 3387 viewsDarran

I was quite surprised at the forum when Huw had no idea about a question asked about upgrading an OAP season ticket to an adult.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:16 - Aug 24 with 3263 viewsChief

its wrong but,

success = distance from the hardcore fan

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:18 - Aug 24 with 3245 viewsNeath_Jack

Who are these people?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:26 - Aug 24 with 3193 viewsBovi

In a word, No

What's wrong with saying Mong's ?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:29 - Aug 24 with 3181 viewsDarran

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:18 - Aug 24 by Neath_Jack

Who are these people?

Why do you bother?
Seriously why?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:30 - Aug 24 with 3174 viewsicecoldjack

Of course they care, its just that priorities shift as the club becomes bigger. In a perfect world they would be all things to all people but you can't please everyone.

Ive always laughed at the line "a club run by fans for the fans" the truth is that as we get bigger the club naturally become more hard nosed about things.

Im not saying its right or wrong but i can understand the disconnection .

IMO its getting harder to balance what we were with what we want to be .
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 3160 viewsfbreath

This sort of thing happens in business small company grows big and looses what made it what it was.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:34 - Aug 24 with 3134 viewsNeath_Jack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:29 - Aug 24 by Darran

Why do you bother?
Seriously why?

Listen now trappy, you posed a question, and i asked you to clarify it. I don't know anyone who has a free gate pass or don't queue to go in or whatever else it was you said. That ok?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:40 - Aug 24 with 3091 viewsCatullus

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:30 - Aug 24 by icecoldjack

Of course they care, its just that priorities shift as the club becomes bigger. In a perfect world they would be all things to all people but you can't please everyone.

Ive always laughed at the line "a club run by fans for the fans" the truth is that as we get bigger the club naturally become more hard nosed about things.

Im not saying its right or wrong but i can understand the disconnection .

IMO its getting harder to balance what we were with what we want to be .

Agree with this, and the following post by fbreath.

They care, but what they care about has changed. The fans are no longer a priority, if they ever really were.
Ten years ago they needed every single fan, now we are a minority income stream. What's important to them now is increasing income and keeping the club in the Premier. We come a poor third in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:55 - Aug 24 with 3026 viewsPrivate_Partz

I think they do care and the fans forum is one very good way of communicating with supporters. As the club grows there are many things to consider and it must get increasingly difficult to keep all the balls in the air. The Trust has a massive part to play in this. I always say it is therefore essential that we have the right people in post to ensure it all runs smoothly. Communications and Marketing are two areas where there is work to be done IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:59 - Aug 24 with 3008 viewsexiledclaseboy

Once you've forked out your bunce for your ticket, pass or whatever, I doubt they give a f*ck what happens to you after that. We're customers. If we don't pay it, someone else will. As I've said long ago, the "run by the fans, for the fans" ship sailed from Swansea City some time ago.

Poll: Tory leader

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:15 - Aug 24 with 2924 viewsCatullus

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:59 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

Once you've forked out your bunce for your ticket, pass or whatever, I doubt they give a f*ck what happens to you after that. We're customers. If we don't pay it, someone else will. As I've said long ago, the "run by the fans, for the fans" ship sailed from Swansea City some time ago.

More or less what I said, good god, we agree!!

When they first took over they probably, no certainly did care because they were just fans who got thrust in charge.
But when we made it to the premier league (if not before) it all changed. Now they are part of the big time and we are still just fans.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:17 - Aug 24 with 2911 viewsC_jack

Care about their dividend payment, perhaps.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:20 - Aug 24 with 2897 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 12:59 - Aug 24 by exiledclaseboy

Well I am sure they won't give a free ticket if you cannot afford your season. That is the way it always has been unless there are some special charitable circumstances and press are involved.
If we are to believe that the fans view no longer matters to the Board despite the fans owning 20pc of the club then we could be in trouble in the future. I hope that is not the case and I actually don't think it is.
The way forward is a balance of keeping fans involved but recognising it is also a multi million pound business. No easy task hence we need to have the best people in post it handle this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:25 - Aug 24 with 2868 viewsJackfath

What we need are some "fans spokesmen" to take us forward.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 2857 viewsDarran

The clip of them in the new movie in the old club shop buying their seasies is nice though.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:43 - Aug 24 with 2787 viewsWinchWenJack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 11:42 - Aug 24 by Darran

I was quite surprised at the forum when Huw had no idea about a question asked about upgrading an OAP season ticket to an adult.

Why would you expect him to know the answer to this. That is a question for ticket office staff!

''You're gonna meet some strangers. Welcome to the zoo. Bitter disappointments. Except for one or two. Some of them are angry. Some of them are mean. Most of them are twisted. Few of them are clean.'' 'tans initial phonecall to Solskjaer.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:45 - Aug 24 with 2780 viewsMillJack

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:43 - Aug 24 by WinchWenJack

Why would you expect him to know the answer to this. That is a question for ticket office staff!

If you run a business you should know everything that goes on in that business. He gets paid handsomely enough.
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:51 - Aug 24 with 2731 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:45 - Aug 24 by MillJack

If you run a business you should know everything that goes on in that business. He gets paid handsomely enough.

Not sure about that one Mill. Depends on the size if the business. As football Director I would hope he was concentrating on getting players in rather than scrutinising how our ticketing policy is working. He is handsomely paid but there are others also being paid well that need to deal with this.

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 14:15 - Aug 24 with 2641 viewsKilkennyjack

Dazza is correct, and it is sad to see tbh.

Beware of the Risen People

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 16:28 - Aug 24 with 2448 viewswaynekerr55

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 13:25 - Aug 24 by Jackfath

What we need are some "fans spokesmen" to take us forward.

Yes you are right. Carl CURTIS hasn't changed allegiance for a few years, he's due a change of club

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 16:31 - Aug 24 with 2434 viewskeeponrockin

I bloody well hope they run it like a business, I don't want some ill fated trade union style fair going on. I want us to be successful.
Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:14 - Aug 24 with 2333 viewsPrivate_Partz

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 16:31 - Aug 24 by keeponrockin

I bloody well hope they run it like a business, I don't want some ill fated trade union style fair going on. I want us to be successful.

Or some Private Sector company that treats it's workers like sh!te and meddles in the Public Sector where profit should never be a motive. ;-)

Do people at the club actually care anymore? on 17:30 - Aug 24 with 2263 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I mentioned in my highly controversial poll many months ago that a huge divide was developing between the board and the everyday fans.

We are certainly no longer a club run by the fans for the fans. We're a club run by an elite group of fans for the purpose of making those elite group of fans even richer through dividends, dividends which they will try and pass through as low key and with as little publicity as possible.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024