Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Football 14:50 - Sep 3 with 2428 viewsSwan91

Wales have their Euro 2016 qualifier next week against Andorra, I'm quite looking forward to it.

How well do you think Wales will do?

I think they will qualify this time around. we have a great team at the moment (especially midfield, and a promising striker Tom Lawrence who looks like will play premier league football at Leicester) I'm always optimistic with Wales but I do truly feel like we will do something this time around.

obviously there will be people who don't care and people who are so used to Wales not doing much that they will be negative but I'm quite optimistic!
Wales Football on 14:55 - Sep 3 with 1824 viewsC_jack

It;s the hope that will kill you. We have a midfield that should compete with any country (Liverpool, Real Madrid, Arsenal), and a solid defensive line. In contrast, up front, we have a 20 year old debutant

The target is 3rd, and then to take the playoffs as they come.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Wales Football on 15:00 - Sep 3 with 1810 viewsSwan91

Wales Football on 14:55 - Sep 3 by C_jack

It;s the hope that will kill you. We have a midfield that should compete with any country (Liverpool, Real Madrid, Arsenal), and a solid defensive line. In contrast, up front, we have a 20 year old debutant

The target is 3rd, and then to take the playoffs as they come.

that is true. We just need a premier league standard striker and we could possibly do well. I think that will be possible soon if Tom Lawrence does feature for leicester. He must have quite a bit of potential if he can make an appearance for the Man utd first team at the end of last season.

our midfield is great and arguably a bit better than Englands. would be interesting to see who out of Ben and Taylor will be first choice left back.

i'm hoping we get 2nd place with Belgium being first.
Wales Football on 17:10 - Sep 3 with 1713 viewsJBT95

Wales Football on 15:00 - Sep 3 by Swan91

that is true. We just need a premier league standard striker and we could possibly do well. I think that will be possible soon if Tom Lawrence does feature for leicester. He must have quite a bit of potential if he can make an appearance for the Man utd first team at the end of last season.

our midfield is great and arguably a bit better than Englands. would be interesting to see who out of Ben and Taylor will be first choice left back.

Arguably better than England's? WHAT?

Ramsey and Bale would walk into 99% of professional teams, they are the best two british talents around currently. Joe Allen is an outstanding player too.

Hopefully Vokes will come back and be good for Burnley this season, and like you say Tom Lawrence must be full of potential, apparently MUFC have first choice at buying him back.
Wales Football on 17:35 - Sep 3 with 1681 viewshorfieldjack

3rd place would what we should be aiming for at a minimum. The big task that colman has is in be able to put out the best 11 players for every game without the withdrawals that normally happens.
Wales Football on 17:54 - Sep 3 with 1666 viewsSwan91

Wales Football on 17:10 - Sep 3 by JBT95

Ramsey and Bale would walk into 99% of professional teams, they are the best two british talents around currently. Joe Allen is an outstanding player too.

Hopefully Vokes will come back and be good for Burnley this season, and like you say Tom Lawrence must be full of potential, apparently MUFC have first choice at buying him back.

When I meant arguably I do mean that I think it is better than England's midfield, except we are missing a good winger on one side. I agree bale, Ramsey and Allen are great but we are missing a LW of that quality (unless I'm forgetting someone) and we usually use Ramsey as AM if I'm thinking correctly meaning we don't have a set cm next to Allen. This is where the likes of emyr hyws and Jon Williams come in and hopefully show their potential.

I hope vokes does well with burnley, we do really need good strikers, also I hope Lawrence gets plenty of game time at Leicester.
Wales Football on 17:56 - Sep 3 with 1654 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

We have the second best squad in the group. Why we're aiming for 3rd only to be knocked out by a better team in the playoffs is beyond my comprehension.

Second place should be a two way fight between us and Bosnia. If we don't come 2nd it's poor.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Wales Football on 18:07 - Sep 3 with 1640 viewstreboethjack

Totally agree with Dwight, we have the second best squad in the group by some distance and it's about time they showed it! I am always optimistic when it comes to Wales but this time round surely we will make it given the extra places up for grabs and the quality of teams in our group, combined with the strength in depth we now have? only time will tell but I personally am looking forward to this one more than ever.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Wales Football on 18:08 - Sep 3 with 1634 viewsJackFish

How have we suddenly acquired this squad that's apparently better than a team that's finished second or above in their group in their last three qualifying groups?
Login to get fewer ads

Wales Football on 18:15 - Sep 3 with 1620 viewsshingle

Highly unlikely Wales will qualify, firstly we have a poor manager, secondly the Welsh mindset is to weak, if we are in a position of needing a win to qualify we will panic and blow it then go on to blame the ref etc, happens every time, whether it be in Football or Rugby, in important games we just do not have the mental strength to finish the job when in a winnable position, and that`s a fact that has been proven many times.
Wales Football on 18:16 - Sep 3 with 1618 viewstreboethjack

Wales Football on 18:08 - Sep 3 by JackFish

How have we suddenly acquired this squad that's apparently better than a team that's finished second or above in their group in their last three qualifying groups?

I believe the squad has always been there, the difference now in my opinion is that they have greatly gained experience both in the prem and in europe. They have also underachieved in recent years without doubt.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Wales Football on 18:19 - Sep 3 with 1612 viewsStarsky

Wales Football on 15:00 - Sep 3 by Swan91

I don't care. There, I said it!

It's just the internet, init.

Wales Football on 18:25 - Sep 3 with 1590 viewsSwan91

If you're talkjg ng about England then Loads of reasons.

1- players like bale and Allen are now playing in teams at the top of the league. Ramsey also is but he was largely injured so didn't make much of an impact for us but over the past season or 2 has shown how good he is and is a star player for a top 4 team.

2- England have been getting worse and you can easily see an Example of it by seeing how poor they did in the World Cup.

Since the last 3 qualifying rounds we have had a large number of young players working their way into the first team and are now at the age where they have improved immensely.

I also believe that we currently have a wales team where 90% or more of our players are playing in the premier league. And a large number of the first team are playing for top half premier league sides.

At the age the current squad I believe this is the perfect time for us to do well and qualify.
Wales Football on 18:26 - Sep 3 with 1586 viewsSwan91

Wales Football on 18:19 - Sep 3 by Starsky

I don't care. There, I said it!

I bet you will be watching the England game tonight. You should atleast give wales another chance!
Wales Football on 18:27 - Sep 3 with 1582 viewsJackSomething

If I was a Bosnian reading this thread, my side's would be splitting. Qualified top of their group with only one defeat for the World Cup and they didn't embarrass themselves in the finals either.

Certainly we should aim for second but it would be more of an achievement than many here seem to think.

We have two world-class players, a group of solid Premier players and then very little behind them. Plus no strikers to speak of. Should Ramsey and Bale play in every game we have more of a chance, but that seems unlikely.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wales Football on 18:35 - Sep 3 with 1563 viewsSwan91

Wales Football on 18:27 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

If I was a Bosnian reading this thread, my side's would be splitting. Qualified top of their group with only one defeat for the World Cup and they didn't embarrass themselves in the finals either.

Certainly we should aim for second but it would be more of an achievement than many here seem to think.

We have two world-class players, a group of solid Premier players and then very little behind them. Plus no strikers to speak of. Should Ramsey and Bale play in every game we have more of a chance, but that seems unlikely.

Last October we played a strong Belgium side without players like Allen, bale and if I remember correctly Ashley Williams aswell and we still drew 1-1. If we keep our key players fit and can play them then surely it gives us a good chance of getting good results and finishing high.

I wouldn't mind if we finished 3rd and got through on play offs but I was only saying that there's every chance of us getting 2nd place with a good qualifier run. We have a lot of welsh youngster with potential and if they can do something for wales in positions we need help in then great(but I'm not relying on just youngsters)
Wales Football on 18:39 - Sep 3 with 1555 viewsStarsky

Wales Football on 18:26 - Sep 3 by Swan91

I bet you will be watching the England game tonight. You should atleast give wales another chance!

I'll be watch ing the mrs watching TV.she has the remote control tonight.
Wales for me have been like a misbehaving child that you wanted to be proud of but has let you down all it's life.

Wales Football on 19:35 - Sep 3 with 1473 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

People seem to think that because Bosnia are currently over peforming and Wales have been under performing for decades, they're far far ahead of us.

Compare the two squads and man for man the teams are arguably equal. They're the better team currently - that I am not debating - but the squads are pretty much of the same standard.

The people thinking we're decades behind these teams are the people who aid the Welsh F.A in counting the mediocrity they have ran the Welsh team with for decades.

Wales Football on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 1355 viewsSwan91

Wales Football on 19:35 - Sep 3 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

People seem to think that because Bosnia are currently over peforming and Wales have been under performing for decades, they're far far ahead of us.

Compare the two squads and man for man the teams are arguably equal. They're the better team currently - that I am not debating - but the squads are pretty much of the same standard.

The people thinking we're decades behind these teams are the people who aid the Welsh F.A in counting the mediocrity they have ran the Welsh team with for decades.

I actually agree other examples include Spain. They have won tournaments didn't stop them from going straight out in the World Cup. We should not base teams on past performances in 1 tournament.

Just because they have had a good run in the past qualifiers doesn't necessarily mean they will keep it up.
Wales Football on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 1321 viewsItchySphincter

Wales Football on 17:10 - Sep 3 by JBT95

You're always a little biased towards Wales, clouds your judgement.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wales Football on 22:08 - Sep 3 with 1295 viewsSgorioFruit

If, and its a massive if... Bale and Ramsey are allowed to play then we will have a glimmer of hope.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Wales Football on 22:30 - Sep 3 with 1243 viewsStarsky

Wales Football on 22:08 - Sep 3 by SgorioFruit

If, and its a massive if... Bale and Ramsey are allowed to play then we will have a glimmer of hope.

We've had a glimmer of hope since 1958

Wales Football on 22:35 - Sep 3 with 1230 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh Fa haven't even got tickets on general sale for the euro qualifiers next month.
Wan£ers

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wales Football on 22:35 - Sep 3 with 1229 viewsJackSomething

Wales Football on 18:35 - Sep 3 by Swan91

Last October we played a strong Belgium side without players like Allen, bale and if I remember correctly Ashley Williams aswell and we still drew 1-1. If we keep our key players fit and can play them then surely it gives us a good chance of getting good results and finishing high.

I wouldn't mind if we finished 3rd and got through on play offs but I was only saying that there's every chance of us getting 2nd place with a good qualifier run. We have a lot of welsh youngster with potential and if they can do something for wales in positions we need help in then great(but I'm not relying on just youngsters)

I agree with a lot of what you say there. Your views on the subject are broadly similar to mine, I guess I'm just a bit more pessimistic.

The only point I'd argue is that I'm fairly sure the Belgium away game was pretty much irrelevant to them. I haven't checked, so will happily acknowledge I may be talking out of my arse.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Wales Football on 22:38 - Sep 3 with 1220 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Wales Football on 22:35 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

I agree with a lot of what you say there. Your views on the subject are broadly similar to mine, I guess I'm just a bit more pessimistic.

The only point I'd argue is that I'm fairly sure the Belgium away game was pretty much irrelevant to them. I haven't checked, so will happily acknowledge I may be talking out of my arse.

It was. They went on a horrendous run of form up until the World Cup too from there onwards I think.

Wales Football on 22:39 - Sep 3 with 1218 viewsC_jack

Bosnia are a classy side, we'll do well to get anything in either game, same with Belgium.

It should come down to being better than Israel over 2 games, and I can already feel the disappointment starting to set in, prematurely perhaps.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024