Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking charge advice 13:08 - Sep 6 with 2511 viewsGowerjack

I know this has been done on here before but a quick bit of advice needed.

My son parked in the B&Q carpark for the Rotherham game and has has a "Parking Charge Notice" today requesting payment of £85.00.

Anyone else ever had one?
How did you react?

Am I correct in thinking that this is only an "invoice" and is not legally enforcable without taking to court?

Thanks in advance!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking charge advice on 11:21 - Sep 7 with 868 viewsLeonisGod

Don't ignore the situation! That's old advice and could end you in more hassle than you need. Read up online on sites such as Moneysavingexpert and Citizen's advice. Ignore any advice on these sites prior to last autumn as that's when the law changed (i think, but find out for sure off these sites).

Then you'll know how to proceed. Good luck, there's probably a good chance you can beat them. These private parking companies are scum (and Swansea tops the league for number of cases I think).
Parking charge advice on 11:29 - Sep 7 with 864 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 11:12 - Sep 7 by bluenile

Is that correct? If so, great advice!

Yes. I've been doing it since they put the cameras in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Parking charge advice on 11:40 - Sep 7 with 850 viewsjack_in_exile

LeonIsGod is right. Do not ignore these letters. Follow the procedure on the moneysavingexpert site and you will have the charge cancelled. I picked one up from the Rotherham game myself and I'm just writing my initial appeal.

The main point of appeal is 'genuine pre estimate of loss' which is basically getting them to prove that you overstaying in a FREE car park cost them £85. Which they can't.

Jokers the lot of them
Parking charge advice on 12:27 - Sep 7 with 820 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking charge advice on 11:40 - Sep 7 by jack_in_exile

LeonIsGod is right. Do not ignore these letters. Follow the procedure on the moneysavingexpert site and you will have the charge cancelled. I picked one up from the Rotherham game myself and I'm just writing my initial appeal.

The main point of appeal is 'genuine pre estimate of loss' which is basically getting them to prove that you overstaying in a FREE car park cost them £85. Which they can't.

Jokers the lot of them

Nothing has changed.The only changes have been that wheel clamping on private land is now a criminal offence.
Parking charge advice on 12:39 - Sep 7 with 814 viewsexiledclaseboy

Parking charge advice on 12:27 - Sep 7 by controversial_jack

Nothing has changed.The only changes have been that wheel clamping on private land is now a criminal offence.

And in parallel the law also changed to make the registered keeper of the vehicle liable for the charge if the don't name the driver. There are also now independent appeals services to give victims the opportunity to state their case. But all the stuff on this thread stands, it's not an enforceable charge and they're very unlikely to take you to court and if they did, a court is very unlikely to find that overstaying in a private car park cost the owner of that car park £85. I'd still be ignoring them.

Poll: Tory leader

Parking charge advice on 12:42 - Sep 7 with 807 viewsHighjack

Parking charge advice on 11:21 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

Don't ignore the situation! That's old advice and could end you in more hassle than you need. Read up online on sites such as Moneysavingexpert and Citizen's advice. Ignore any advice on these sites prior to last autumn as that's when the law changed (i think, but find out for sure off these sites).

Then you'll know how to proceed. Good luck, there's probably a good chance you can beat them. These private parking companies are scum (and Swansea tops the league for number of cases I think).

The advice remains the same. Always always always just ignore the feckers. Anyone in this country can claim against another person, and anyone in this country has the right to ignore it. It's a civil claim and they can only get the money off you in two ways:

1. You sh1t your pants and hand it over to them no questions asked as if they were frog marching you to the cashpoint themselves.

2. They can prove in court that you have caused them a loss of £85 by parking there.

Number 1 is the option most people choose, which means these private companies make absolutely massive money by doing essentially bugger all.

Number 2 is the option that never happens, because they know they will always lose. Remember, it's the parking company that is making the civil claim against you, not the retail outlets, so how can you be causing them a loss by parking there? They may claim that you've entered into a contract as there are signs there, but how can they possibly prove that you have actually read the signs? In any case contract law without a signature is completely pointless and will be laughed out of court. Are there other spaces available in the car park? Yes. So you're not stopping people park there to go shopping = no loss caused.

By the way I am serving you all an "advice charge notice" for this useful advice. If you don't pay me £50 by next Tuesday the 'charge' goes up to £100 and then I'll send the debt collector around. Option 1 would be preferable.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Parking charge advice on 12:45 - Sep 7 with 805 viewsChief

on a related subject do not park in the 'official' car park just down from landore on match days.

park in the far better fully tarmarced, half the price park and ride car-park directly across the road. just don't catch the bus. its a joke that included in that price you get a bus to town while football fans get ripped off.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Parking charge advice on 13:41 - Sep 7 with 787 viewsbluenile

Parking charge advice on 11:21 - Sep 7 by LeonisGod

Crap, sorry.................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Login to get fewer ads

Parking charge advice on 14:11 - Sep 7 with 773 viewscontroversial_jack

Parking charge advice on 12:42 - Sep 7 by Highjack

The advice remains the same. Always always always just ignore the feckers. Anyone in this country can claim against another person, and anyone in this country has the right to ignore it. It's a civil claim and they can only get the money off you in two ways:

1. You sh1t your pants and hand it over to them no questions asked as if they were frog marching you to the cashpoint themselves.

2. They can prove in court that you have caused them a loss of £85 by parking there.

Number 1 is the option most people choose, which means these private companies make absolutely massive money by doing essentially bugger all.

Number 2 is the option that never happens, because they know they will always lose. Remember, it's the parking company that is making the civil claim against you, not the retail outlets, so how can you be causing them a loss by parking there? They may claim that you've entered into a contract as there are signs there, but how can they possibly prove that you have actually read the signs? In any case contract law without a signature is completely pointless and will be laughed out of court. Are there other spaces available in the car park? Yes. So you're not stopping people park there to go shopping = no loss caused.

By the way I am serving you all an "advice charge notice" for this useful advice. If you don't pay me £50 by next Tuesday the 'charge' goes up to £100 and then I'll send the debt collector around. Option 1 would be preferable.

If we ask the admin to delete this post, you can't prove we have seen this advice
Parking charge advice on 14:28 - Sep 7 with 753 viewsjojaca

I also got caught with £40 fine parking by B&Q at the Rotherham game. My wife paid the fine before she even told me because I was at work. The frustrating thing was that we actually spend quite a bit in the shops before the game buying clothes and shoes for kids return to school. Lesson has been learnt and I will not buy another item at the shopping centre or do a weekly shop at Morrisons. That's my silly way of getting revenge, even though it probably has nothing to do with the shops.

Even when you know, you never know?

Parking charge advice on 15:25 - Sep 7 with 727 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking charge advice on 03:18 - Sep 7 by Highjack

If I slapped an £85 "parking charge notice" on said car parked across said driveway would you expect said tw at to pay the said charge?

I wouldn't pay it. I'd just get on with my life and not try and seek advice about it from a football forum.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Parking charge advice on 16:41 - Sep 7 with 698 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 15:25 - Sep 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I wouldn't pay it. I'd just get on with my life and not try and seek advice about it from a football forum.

I wouldn't pay it either. However I probably would start a thread on here about it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Parking charge advice on 17:01 - Sep 7 with 687 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking charge advice on 16:41 - Sep 7 by Jackfath

I wouldn't pay it either. However I probably would start a thread on here about it.

I would try my bes t to assist you if you ever do seek advice on here.

Parking charge advice on 17:07 - Sep 7 with 682 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 17:01 - Sep 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I would try my bes t to assist you if you ever do seek advice on here.

Can you advise me over Mart6? He keeps on "down arrowing" me.

Parking charge advice on 17:28 - Sep 7 with 671 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking charge advice on 17:07 - Sep 7 by Jackfath

Can you advise me over Mart6? He keeps on "down arrowing" me.

He thrives off attention, people like him are best ignored.

Parking charge advice on 17:31 - Sep 7 with 659 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 17:28 - Sep 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He thrives off attention, people like him are best ignored.

There's a few who log on. They down arrow certain posters, then log off. They don't write anything.

They are adults.

Parking charge advice on 17:41 - Sep 7 with 650 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Parking charge advice on 17:31 - Sep 7 by Jackfath

There's a few who log on. They down arrow certain posters, then log off. They don't write anything.

They are adults.

They occasionally log on to swear at me. I pity them.

Parking charge advice on 19:49 - Sep 7 with 609 viewsHighjack

Parking charge advice on 14:28 - Sep 7 by jojaca

I also got caught with £40 fine parking by B&Q at the Rotherham game. My wife paid the fine before she even told me because I was at work. The frustrating thing was that we actually spend quite a bit in the shops before the game buying clothes and shoes for kids return to school. Lesson has been learnt and I will not buy another item at the shopping centre or do a weekly shop at Morrisons. That's my silly way of getting revenge, even though it probably has nothing to do with the shops.

Your wife is a complete bellend for doing that. Might as well chuck money down the drain.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Parking charge advice on 20:27 - Sep 7 with 592 viewsbluenile

Parking charge advice on 15:25 - Sep 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

But you might join in a thread and offer some opinions??.....Oh, you already have!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Parking charge advice on 21:15 - Sep 7 with 559 viewsGowerjack

Thanks to all who offered sensible and constructive advice.

Much appreciated !

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Parking charge advice on 21:16 - Sep 7 with 554 viewsJackfath

Parking charge advice on 21:15 - Sep 7 by Gowerjack

Much appreciated !

My pleasure friend!

Parking charge advice on 21:18 - Sep 7 with 548 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Much appreciated !

I hope you've learnt your lesson.

Parking charge advice on 21:19 - Sep 7 with 544 viewsHighjack

Much appreciated !

No problem.

Please make the cheque out to Mr Highjack at 50 Lesbie Avenue, Neath.

Parking charge advice on 21:20 - Sep 7 with 543 viewsdickythorpe

Much appreciated !

I was going to post a lot of the good advice offered, but every time someone just pipped me to it.

But I will take your gratitude and consider it a pleasure that your thanks reaches out to the non posters on this thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024