Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR 19:17 - Sep 9 with 2937 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I see that the heat has been turned up with regard to QPR's spectacular losses, with the FL's CEO indicating that - in theory at least - they could be refused re-entry to the FL if and when they come down if they appeal against the fine that would be levied against them under FFP.

It's an interesting one, this. The FL have a lot of credibility at stake - having introduced these regulations, they have to be seen to be applying them as rigorously as possible for the sake of their own reputation. But also for the sake of those clubs who have sought to comply with FFP and who expect the playing field to be kept as level as possible by those running the game.

Personally, I hope QPR go down and get stiffed with a pound for pound fine that sends them back towards League 1. Not that I'm vindictive, of course….
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 19:18]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

QPR on 19:26 - Sep 9 with 2527 viewsTejas

I totally agree with you, their credibility will take a real beating if they don't follow this through. The cynic in me though thinks the powers that be are organised more to support the clubs owners than protect the interests of the game. Nothing against QPR - I used to live near there and they're a good bunch, but on this I hope they get hammered.
QPR on 19:37 - Sep 9 with 2511 viewscrewcut

The Londoners paid a ridiculous fee for the overrated centre half. who's name escapes me, from Blackburn some years ago to save their Premier skins. They proceeded to put him on an unwarranted wage of £100k+ per week. Whereupon he became even more hopeless than before. They went down and that signing was made to look even more ridiculous.

QPR have been spending money like drunken sailors for years.

Maybe the day of reckoning isn't too far away.
QPR on 19:58 - Sep 9 with 2488 viewsactionagainstoyston

As a fan, I would rather see the £40 million be paid to the championship clubs, can't wish relegation to any team it's never the fans fault
QPR on 20:19 - Sep 9 with 2472 viewsPNENIL

BRR
I noticed you posted this at the very time that everything is kicking off at our own club. If I was cynical I would say your taking the P** in your timing.
Fortunately as tumbleweed blows through here your not going to wind too many up .. apart from myself of course.
Couldn't care a stuff about fair play or QPR. We have our own problems and a much much worse owner than Tony Fernandes.
QPR on 20:21 - Sep 9 with 2466 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

QPR on 20:19 - Sep 9 by PNENIL

BRR
I noticed you posted this at the very time that everything is kicking off at our own club. If I was cynical I would say your taking the P** in your timing.
Fortunately as tumbleweed blows through here your not going to wind too many up .. apart from myself of course.
Couldn't care a stuff about fair play or QPR. We have our own problems and a much much worse owner than Tony Fernandes.

I posted it today, because today is the day the story has re-appeared in the national media. That might be taking the p**s in your world ; I call it topical comment.

QPR on 20:28 - Sep 9 with 2454 viewsPNENIL

QPR on 20:21 - Sep 9 by basilrobbiereborn

I posted it today, because today is the day the story has re-appeared in the national media. That might be taking the p**s in your world ; I call it topical comment.

So not one thought from you that it might provoke in posting that and ignoring everything else that is going on at that exact time? Honestly?
If that didn't enter your head then I apologise .
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 20:40]
QPR on 20:40 - Sep 9 with 2432 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

QPR on 20:28 - Sep 9 by PNENIL

So not one thought from you that it might provoke in posting that and ignoring everything else that is going on at that exact time? Honestly?
If that didn't enter your head then I apologise .
[Post edited 9 Sep 2014 20:40]

I'm not "ignoring" anything. And if me daring to comment on something that is not KO related is what you deem provocative behaviour, I'd suggest it's you who has the problem, not me.

QPR on 20:42 - Sep 9 with 2427 viewsPNENIL

QPR on 20:40 - Sep 9 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm not "ignoring" anything. And if me daring to comment on something that is not KO related is what you deem provocative behaviour, I'd suggest it's you who has the problem, not me.

That's not answering my question though is it? Never mind .
Login to get fewer ads

QPR on 20:55 - Sep 9 with 2413 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

QPR on 20:42 - Sep 9 by PNENIL

That's not answering my question though is it? Never mind .

Your question didn't merit an answer. You might be obsessed with all things Oyston, but not everyone else is. And posting about other topics is NOT something that people should have to explain or justify, to you or anyone else.

QPR on 21:12 - Sep 9 with 2396 viewsPNENIL

QPR on 20:55 - Sep 9 by basilrobbiereborn

Your question didn't merit an answer. You might be obsessed with all things Oyston, but not everyone else is. And posting about other topics is NOT something that people should have to explain or justify, to you or anyone else.

Its ok , by avoiding the question I have my answer.
QPR on 21:18 - Sep 9 with 2384 viewsjanegallagher

Is the whole point of a messageboard not to have diverse range of opinions on a diverse range of subjects

We’ve got Simon Sadler

QPR on 22:04 - Sep 9 with 2342 viewsAlainBstard

QPR on 21:18 - Sep 9 by janegallagher

Is the whole point of a messageboard not to have diverse range of opinions on a diverse range of subjects

Adolf Hitler and Uncle Joe Stalin were both nice guys - Discuss
QPR on 22:08 - Sep 9 with 2340 viewsbottle

QPR on 21:18 - Sep 9 by janegallagher

Not being funny Jane but someone with such strong opinions about the game in General might be expected to comment on the situation at their own club whilst at the same time making comments on football in general. I've every respect for BRR and enjoy reading his comments, indeed a lot of people can't wait for them so they can respond. Generally BRR comments can spark some of the best debates I have read (and also degenerate into some of the worst, but by no means his fault!).

This site is crying out for some healthy debate and whilst we might not want to go round and round in endless circles continually chewing on the same now meatless bone, surely recent events are worthy of comment by a poster who would in the past have given some thought to the situation.

I know none of us are paid to comment, but when the big guns fall silent it seems to stifle debate as we can all plainly see by the lack of debate and interest that unfortunately seems to have befallen an excellent site that we were all encouraged to join by the self same BRR - or am I wrong?
QPR on 23:24 - Sep 9 with 2278 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

QPR on 22:08 - Sep 9 by bottle

Not being funny Jane but someone with such strong opinions about the game in General might be expected to comment on the situation at their own club whilst at the same time making comments on football in general. I've every respect for BRR and enjoy reading his comments, indeed a lot of people can't wait for them so they can respond. Generally BRR comments can spark some of the best debates I have read (and also degenerate into some of the worst, but by no means his fault!).

This site is crying out for some healthy debate and whilst we might not want to go round and round in endless circles continually chewing on the same now meatless bone, surely recent events are worthy of comment by a poster who would in the past have given some thought to the situation.

I know none of us are paid to comment, but when the big guns fall silent it seems to stifle debate as we can all plainly see by the lack of debate and interest that unfortunately seems to have befallen an excellent site that we were all encouraged to join by the self same BRR - or am I wrong?

bottle

I've commented on our current position on t'other site during the summer. I'm not about to repeat myself, and in any case the situation changes almost by the day.

The people who "stifle" debate are mainly on the old site or occasional visitors to this. They seem to have the view that discussion is great as long as everyone sees life exactly the way that they do. That doesn't seem very healthy to me.

QPR on 08:02 - Sep 10 with 2251 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

If I might have the temerity to get back to the subject of the thread, I think the big problem with any potential action is the sheer size of the fine to be imposed. £54m is a huge amount, and perhaps indicates that the rules are too draconian. Everyone wants to see fair competition, and spending far, far in excess of a club's income is clearly unfair, but a £54m fine for a £65m deficit is excessive.

When it comes down to it - QPR will be relegated at some point - either the FL's credibility will be at stake or there will be lengthy legal proceedings as money spent on attempting to reduce such a fine is worth spending if you have to face paying it. I think there's something in English law about this type of thing having to be "commensurate", but I'm certainly no expert. Perhaps someone with legal knowledge can provide better information.

Fortunately there are at least eight months between now and the first opportunity for QPR to drop back down for the FL to look again at the punishment and, hopefully, amend it to a level that will not lead to an issue that will discredit the FL, QPR and the game in general.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2014 8:03]
QPR on 09:26 - Sep 10 with 2230 viewsstraightatthewall

The issue should never be about spending, it should be about repaying when debts are finally called in.

If fernandes wants to bankroll them, then he's perfectly entitled to do so. It's what happens when he leaves that's the issue. I've always said, I have little sympathy for Pompey or their fans because the overspending was used to fund an FA Cup win and a European 'adventure' which saw them playing the likes of AC Milan. They're now paying the price for that.

Punishments on debts owed and unable to be paid SHOULD be massively draconian.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

QPR on 10:45 - Sep 10 with 2211 viewsMephistopheles

I completely agree. They are one of those 'spending with wanton abandon' clubs that need knocking down a peg or six.
QPR on 12:20 - Sep 10 with 2180 viewsLytham_FY8

I said much the same about our last play off campaign, out of the four clubs we were the only one who hadn't mortgaged the farm to get there (due entirely to the genius of Holloway) but that counts for nothing in the football world.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

QPR on 13:29 - Sep 10 with 2139 viewsstraightatthewall

Whilst being true, its not illegal or even morally wrong to mortgage the family silver to try and get promoted. It's defaulting on the debt when it all goes wrong and starting again without a true punishment that is really the issue.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

QPR on 13:55 - Sep 10 with 2119 viewsalberttatlock

anybody seen a grinning baboon

'envy of the league' - idiot

QPR (n/t) on 14:09 - Sep 10 with 2105 viewsstu

QPR on 13:29 - Sep 10 by straightatthewall

Whilst being true, its not illegal or even morally wrong to mortgage the family silver to try and get promoted. It's defaulting on the debt when it all goes wrong and starting again without a true punishment that is really the issue.

Tangerine is the new black

QPR on 16:45 - Sep 10 with 2038 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

QPR on 13:29 - Sep 10 by straightatthewall

Whatever we might think is really the issue - and I agree that 10 point deductions are poor punishment - the FL rules are about matching spending to income, and that is where the threat to QPR lies.
QPR on 19:27 - Sep 10 with 1993 viewsOdinsRaven

QPR on 16:45 - Sep 10 by Hannibal_de_Seaside

Whatever we might think is really the issue - and I agree that 10 point deductions are poor punishment - the FL rules are about matching spending to income, and that is where the threat to QPR lies.

Be interesting to see if these fines are deemed legal by a court of law. I think stronger points deductions should have been the way forward say minus thirty
QPR on 09:19 - Sep 11 with 1881 viewsthebigone

QPR on 19:27 - Sep 10 by OdinsRaven

Be interesting to see if these fines are deemed legal by a court of law. I think stronger points deductions should have been the way forward say minus thirty

Was at Wembley when they beat Derby and saw a whole new side to their fans - awful breed!!

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

QPR on 22:39 - Sep 13 with 1790 viewscabbie

QPR on 09:19 - Sep 11 by thebigone

Was at Wembley when they beat Derby and saw a whole new side to their fans - awful breed!!

Points deduction should be 1 point per million quid.
Forget fines which are a bit pointless
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024