Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BSA Forum 21:24 - Sep 18 with 2798 viewsWizaard

As you've probably heard by now, Karl rang at ten to six to say he was still on the M6 toll road.

For me, it's not that he failed to attend but that he left it until ten minutes before, before trying to let anyone know.

Maybe he did have an unavoidable commitment, although I doubt it, but even so, it's common courtesy to let those let down have a bit of notice so they don't have to travel.

Maybe he needs to look up Dale Carnegie on the Internet for a few hints and tips.

For what it's worth, those inconvenienced unanimously agreed that the meeting needed to be rearranged asap, as Oyston needs to hear directly from the fans exactly what they think of the current situation on and off the field.

That will be construed as giving in, but in my opinion any chance to speak in a rational manner without abuse needs to be taken. He will take notice of a forensically constructed argument far more than someone yelling abuse at him.

Positive criticism can have an effect. I'm sure it was the crowd's backing of Riga that led to the Tuesday Gazette piece.
BSA Forum on 20:12 - Sep 20 with 553 viewstangerinedom

Just out of interest how many were invited to this forum, how we're they chosen and where did the questions come from? Also who was 'the person' holding Karl to task and how would fans have heard about the outcome?
BSA Forum on 09:57 - Sep 21 with 535 viewswe_are_Superior

BSA Forum on 20:12 - Sep 20 by tangerinedom

Just out of interest how many were invited to this forum, how we're they chosen and where did the questions come from? Also who was 'the person' holding Karl to task and how would fans have heard about the outcome?

It came across in his Football Focus interview that Karl doesn't give a flying fig - he even says he doesn't know what it bothers other Chairman when they're criticised - it's because they're human Karl - a trait you sadly lack!

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

BSA Forum on 13:47 - Sep 21 with 525 viewsWizaard

BSA Forum on 20:12 - Sep 20 by tangerinedom

All BSA members were emailed and those who responded were invited. There were around 30 there.

While there is always an agenda, there's also an opportunity to ask anything you like.
BSA Forum on 21:15 - Sep 22 with 477 viewsthebigone

BSA Forum on 13:47 - Sep 21 by Wizaard

All BSA members were emailed and those who responded were invited. There were around 30 there.

While there is always an agenda, there's also an opportunity to ask anything you like.

This is where I find BSA a bit of a closed shop and whilst appreciating that they organised the event, it wouldn't have taken place with any other group (I remember Karl writing a disparaging reply to AVFTT's request for an interview) and so surely they should open it all to every Blackpool fan to go to the forum and not just BSA members?

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

BSA Forum on 21:21 - Sep 22 with 474 viewsfamousgrouse

I think it is Karl who will only speak to BSA members. At least members of BSA get an opportunity, assuming he turns up, to ask questions. As much as KO dodges bullets it is an opportunity which no other organisation has yet achieved. Progress through discussion perhaps BST?
BSA Forum on 07:37 - Sep 23 with 448 viewsTangent

To be honest I don,t think Karl Oyston gives a toss, no matter how you speak to him, forensically constructive or otherwise. It is a case of he is right and all other opinions are wrong. What makes anyone think he will take notice of what BSA says now, when he hasn't done in previous meetings?

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

BSA Forum on 08:22 - Sep 23 with 440 viewsCurryman

BSA Forum on 21:15 - Sep 22 by thebigone

This is where I find BSA a bit of a closed shop and whilst appreciating that they organised the event, it wouldn't have taken place with any other group (I remember Karl writing a disparaging reply to AVFTT's request for an interview) and so surely they should open it all to every Blackpool fan to go to the forum and not just BSA members?

I have had to control a lot of meetings during my life, including one with 500 angry landlords threatening their brewery company with all sorts of , tumult and disorder, it wasn't a nice meeting!!! However, I would rather control something like that than have an open meeting of Blackpool fans with KO, it would be mayhem and no doubt extremely unproductive.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024