Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk's substitutions at the weekend 13:31 - Sep 22 with 1609 viewslostjock

Anyone know why Monk failed to make a final change at the weekend, surely Gomis had to be give a run for the last 10 mins plus injury time as we looked to pinch an equalizer??
Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 14:10 - Sep 22 with 1542 viewsLeonisGod

I assume he thought Emnes' pace might cause problems - it worked several times last season.
Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 14:28 - Sep 22 with 1516 viewslostjock

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 14:10 - Sep 22 by LeonisGod

I assume he thought Emnes' pace might cause problems - it worked several times last season.

My point being, we'd only made 2 changes, why not bring off a defender and throw Gomis up top....? Seems strange to me!
Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 14:57 - Sep 22 with 1487 viewsScoobyWho

What is coming out of the weekends game is how obvious our choices are. Which slightly concerns me. Most people seem to think he should have gone with the obvious Gomis switch to try and get a point, when he didn't. Now, all credit to Monk he went with his gut on this one, it didn't work out, and maybe he was actually not trying the obvious because there is most certainly an element of surprise in playing Emnes in a Situation like he had.

Either way he quickly learned from the VillaReal game and hopefully he has learned from last weekend. With a a cup game tomorrow and then a trip north that will most certainly cancel out the disappointment of the previous few days if we at last defeat Everton and get a point on the road.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 15:01 - Sep 22 with 1480 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We had made one substitution by 85 minutes when we clearly needed fresh legs much, much earlier.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 15:57 - Sep 22 with 1394 viewsPegojack

What concerned me about the situation was how long it took to get Emnes on. I was looking at the bench every few seconds for the last quarter of an hour to see when we would get some much needed fresh legs on. Emnes started getting his kit sorted (I could swear he was putting his SOCKS on) from about the 78th minute. Then there was a protracted session with one of the staff looking at a folder while they discussed his tactics.
Two questions:
Why isn't he wearing all his match kit READY for the possibility he will get on the pitch and, secondly, why do we need to have a lecture on tactics? Isn't it bleeding obvious? Go out there, take the pressure off the defence if you can by holding the ball up, and most of all, SCORE A GOAL!!!
Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 16:35 - Sep 22 with 1338 viewslonglostjack

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 15:57 - Sep 22 by Pegojack

What concerned me about the situation was how long it took to get Emnes on. I was looking at the bench every few seconds for the last quarter of an hour to see when we would get some much needed fresh legs on. Emnes started getting his kit sorted (I could swear he was putting his SOCKS on) from about the 78th minute. Then there was a protracted session with one of the staff looking at a folder while they discussed his tactics.
Two questions:
Why isn't he wearing all his match kit READY for the possibility he will get on the pitch and, secondly, why do we need to have a lecture on tactics? Isn't it bleeding obvious? Go out there, take the pressure off the defence if you can by holding the ball up, and most of all, SCORE A GOAL!!!

Yes - that was doing my head in too!!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 17:16 - Sep 22 with 1264 viewstomdickharry

Any sign of the new Psychologist being involved ?
Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 1187 viewsScoobyWho

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 17:16 - Sep 22 by tomdickharry

Apparently he already had his socks on and was well up for a game.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 18:15 - Sep 22 with 1166 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk's substitutions at the weekend on 17:16 - Sep 22 by tomdickharry

I think he was left back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024