Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just not good enough! 18:28 - Sep 27 with 1257 viewsfamousgrouse

I was really looking forward to today's match until I saw the team selection! However after a fairly positive first half (we kept Norwich to an odd attack) and a goal straight after half time, we were down to earth with a bump in the second half.
Their first goal was a poor defensive header which went in off the post and the second was deflected past the goalkeeper, but both Perkins and Lundstrom were at fault for the second and third goals. Both failing to retain possession and protect the ball when we had it. This has been the pattern most of the season (although Perkins did supply the forward pass for our goal).
Radio Lancs have said that Riga has been trying to get fresh bodies in this week but has failed (anyone surprised at that?). Riga is battling with limited resources and Cubero was one positive today but I have not seen a lot this season which says we can continue with the way we are and get out of the relegation zone.
Why bring a substitute midfielder on 3 minutes into 4 of stoppage time? What purpose does that serve apart from using up a bit of time when you're winning!
Just not good enough! on 18:44 - Sep 27 with 1248 viewsAlfHooker

It's cos Riga ain't as smart as a lot of people think.
Or he has an ulterior motive; players on appearance money have just cashed in and Koko is out of pocket.
Just not good enough! on 19:51 - Sep 27 with 1192 viewschesterbfc

Just got home and thought with the new man Cubero we did well first half and they weren't a league above us. Second half ,after we scored we did fall apart but the own goal was a cruel blow. Agree that Lundstom and Perkins looked out of their depth and Miller just looks lazy You omitted to say that McMahon tried his best to gift them a penalty.. I personally like Zoko, no class but a trier in the OL Pool tradition. Daniels and Lewis are class, Oriel also. So by my reckoning we have 1/4 a decent championship side. Is Riga hiding behind excuses? I hope not ,as we do look organized defensively but I fear after Boro,and Cardiff his days will be numbered
Just not good enough! on 20:21 - Sep 27 with 1169 viewsKOSBowlCut

How strange that a few months ago, there was a thread on here questioning Riga which was immediately shot down by the majority. I have to question why he played all four strikers to start the game and had no real width (Miller on the right wing!!) and what the point in his substitutions were God only knows (maybe player appearances to stick two fingers up at Karl).

Yes we're lacking quality but I think Riga could have chosen better today.

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

Just not good enough! on 20:35 - Sep 27 with 1160 viewsrigabeliever

Agree that Cubero was the one positive - liked what I saw. Anyone think our biggest mistake today was taking the lead too early! Norwich taking Wes off were clearly happy with a draw and yet we gifted them all three.

Poll: When will Blackpool's first win come?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024