Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liam Cullen 19:06 - Oct 6 with 2975 viewsGiff

Liam (15) on the bench at Ipswich tonight for the under 21s - well done Liam.
Liam Cullen on 19:47 - Oct 6 with 2877 viewsChief

fair play, must a decent prospect. shares a surname with myself too.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Liam Cullen on 19:50 - Oct 6 with 2863 viewsC_jack

Crazy. We're doing some cracking stuff but not a fan of this.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Liam Cullen on 19:56 - Oct 6 with 2830 viewsyogibear_412

Hell of a left foot! Plays way beyond his years...he is talented! I reffed a game he played in last year
Liam Cullen on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 2597 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck liam, if you are good enough then you are old enough.

Beware of the Risen People

Liam Cullen on 10:54 - Oct 7 with 2420 viewsQuakerJack

Look out, here come Man Citeh to ruin another hot prospect.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Liam Cullen on 00:44 - Oct 9 with 2108 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Liam Cullen on 19:47 - Oct 6 by Chief

fair play, must a decent prospect. shares a surname with myself too.

Patrick?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Liam Cullen on 13:09 - Oct 9 with 1946 viewsChief

Liam Cullen on 00:44 - Oct 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Patrick?

No, wrong person sorry mate.

I'm also no relation to the arsonist on the front of todays evening post

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Liam Cullen on 14:04 - Oct 9 with 1883 viewsbuilthjack

Isn't it crazy, madness, that the FAW don't allow people to play men's football until they are 16, yet in most of Europe's leagues you can play at 15. Therefore a Welsh youngster can go and play in England but not in Wales.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Liam Cullen on 14:27 - Oct 9 with 1865 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 14:04 - Oct 9 by builthjack

Isn't it crazy, madness, that the FAW don't allow people to play men's football until they are 16, yet in most of Europe's leagues you can play at 15. Therefore a Welsh youngster can go and play in England but not in Wales.

No, it's pretty bang on, IMO. Why should a 15 year old be playing senior football, that is madness.

Liam Cullen on 14:59 - Oct 9 with 1837 viewsMusical_Swan

Liam Cullen on 14:27 - Oct 9 by C_jack

No, it's pretty bang on, IMO. Why should a 15 year old be playing senior football, that is madness.

I made my Welsh league reserve debut at 14 under another players name.

Played centre mid against a beast of a guy who was kicking everyone. I was a centre half by trade so wasn't afraid to get stuck in, (something I couldn't afford to do in the Neath league as there was little to no protection from the refs,) after about 20 mins he was complaining to the ref that I was just a boy so couldn't kick me! Lol! I loved every minute of it!

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Liam Cullen on 15:11 - Oct 9 with 1816 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 14:59 - Oct 9 by Musical_Swan

I made my Welsh league reserve debut at 14 under another players name.

Played centre mid against a beast of a guy who was kicking everyone. I was a centre half by trade so wasn't afraid to get stuck in, (something I couldn't afford to do in the Neath league as there was little to no protection from the refs,) after about 20 mins he was complaining to the ref that I was just a boy so couldn't kick me! Lol! I loved every minute of it!

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

Age is not enough to know if you're good enough.

Tearing my hair out.

Liam Cullen on 15:21 - Oct 9 with 1800 viewsMusical_Swan

Liam Cullen on 15:11 - Oct 9 by C_jack

Tearing my hair out.

The only way to know if you're good enough is to get game time. Regardless of age.

Liam Cullen on 15:26 - Oct 9 with 1790 viewsbuilthjack

Liam Cullen on 14:27 - Oct 9 by C_jack

A lot of 15 year olds are far better than players of 17/18. If you are good enough you are old enough. Obviously some lads are not physically strong enough but it's horses for courses. They can play in the Premier League at 15.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Liam Cullen on 15:40 - Oct 9 with 1767 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 15:26 - Oct 9 by builthjack

A lot of 15 year olds are far better than players of 17/18. If you are good enough you are old enough. Obviously some lads are not physically strong enough but it's horses for courses. They can play in the Premier League at 15.

One quote made circa 1960 regurgitated three times in the same thread. It won't be the last either, marvellous.

My opinion is well known here on this, but putting players in a higher intensity of performance than their body can handle should be a criminal offence.

Messi was 19/20 before he got into the Barcelona team, and I'll tell you what, at the years where he should be in his prime, he is slowing down (in terms of goal return) remarkably, at 27!

You can't cheat biology.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 15:40]

Liam Cullen on 15:55 - Oct 9 with 1740 viewsMusical_Swan

Liam Cullen on 15:40 - Oct 9 by C_jack

One quote made circa 1960 regurgitated three times in the same thread. It won't be the last either, marvellous.

My opinion is well known here on this, but putting players in a higher intensity of performance than their body can handle should be a criminal offence.

Messi was 19/20 before he got into the Barcelona team, and I'll tell you what, at the years where he should be in his prime, he is slowing down (in terms of goal return) remarkably, at 27!

You can't cheat biology.

Players need to be playing at a standard that fits their ability to progress. Just look at Trundle.

If he'd had the benefit of playing at a profesional level from an early age, he may well of made it as a top Premier league player, also starting late didn't really allow him to play well into his thirties now did it?

I do agree that there is a worrying trend of players seemingly 'slowing down' earlier in their careers, but would hazard a guess that this is more down to the individual, take Giggs as an argument for long careers.

Finally playing at a level beneath you can mean you 'stagnate' and never reach your full potential.

I know you're loving the phrase so I'll say it again, "if you're good enough, you're old enough," although I should throw in that good enough refers to mentally and physically as well.

Liam Cullen on 16:11 - Oct 9 with 1717 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 15:55 - Oct 9 by Musical_Swan

Players need to be playing at a standard that fits their ability to progress. Just look at Trundle.

If he'd had the benefit of playing at a profesional level from an early age, he may well of made it as a top Premier league player, also starting late didn't really allow him to play well into his thirties now did it?

I do agree that there is a worrying trend of players seemingly 'slowing down' earlier in their careers, but would hazard a guess that this is more down to the individual, take Giggs as an argument for long careers.

Finally playing at a level beneath you can mean you 'stagnate' and never reach your full potential.

I know you're loving the phrase so I'll say it again, "if you're good enough, you're old enough," although I should throw in that good enough refers to mentally and physically as well.

if Trundle was good enough to be a PL player, he would have been. I don't know the details of his early days, but from the snippets I've read, he hit a ceiling at youth level where others progressed ahead of him.Reinforcing my point, young individuals do not develop linearly and at the same rate, good enough to play with 18 year olds at 15, doesn't mean you'll be good enough to play with 18 year olds three years later.

Giggs would have been out the door anywhere else, his original game on the wing was gone at the turn of the century, by all means they seriously considered an offer from Inter. Fergie stuck him in the middle and ground out every last pore of sweat from him.

Maybe it's just how it is these days, but imo players should be peaking and playing their best stuff from 28-32, some are a shadow of themselves by 30 now.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 16:28]

Liam Cullen on 16:24 - Oct 9 with 1699 viewsMusical_Swan

Liam Cullen on 16:11 - Oct 9 by C_jack

if Trundle was good enough to be a PL player, he would have been. I don't know the details of his early days, but from the snippets I've read, he hit a ceiling at youth level where others progressed ahead of him.Reinforcing my point, young individuals do not develop linearly and at the same rate, good enough to play with 18 year olds at 15, doesn't mean you'll be good enough to play with 18 year olds three years later.

Giggs would have been out the door anywhere else, his original game on the wing was gone at the turn of the century, by all means they seriously considered an offer from Inter. Fergie stuck him in the middle and ground out every last pore of sweat from him.

Maybe it's just how it is these days, but imo players should be peaking and playing their best stuff from 28-32, some are a shadow of themselves by 30 now.
[Post edited 9 Oct 2014 16:28]

Can't disagree with you on the last point, although it does seem that players are 'peaking' earlier.

Although if this is due to their careers beginning sooner then it would probably equate to the same as someone who started later and peaked later surely?

In effect you're not shortening their careers, just moving them forward a few years.

Thing is football is not an exact science, and something that works for one individual will not necessarily work for another.

To write a player off at a certain level just for being too young is short sighted in my opinion, however thinking he can also 'make the grade' just because he excels at his age group is equally as bad.

Liam Cullen on 09:30 - Oct 10 with 1555 viewsScoobyWho

Liam Cullen on 15:11 - Oct 9 by C_jack

Tearing my hair out.

Mathew Ethrington and John Bostock would disagree, they and many many others have developed well and play today. Is there a specific reason for your disagreement ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Liam Cullen on 11:30 - Oct 10 with 1518 viewslidojack

Liam Cullen on 15:40 - Oct 9 by C_jack

You can't cheat biology.

Messi was 16 when he made his debut for Barca b and c who both play league football. And he played for Barca at 17.
Liam Cullen on 12:29 - Oct 10 with 1476 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 09:30 - Oct 10 by ScoobyWho

Mathew Ethrington and John Bostock would disagree, they and many many others have developed well and play today. Is there a specific reason for your disagreement ?

John Bostock? go have a look who he plays for, he most certainly did not develop well.

Matthew Etherington has no club, so I have no idea who he is playing for today, the local park team most likely.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 12:29]

Liam Cullen on 12:31 - Oct 10 with 1470 viewsC_jack

Liam Cullen on 11:30 - Oct 10 by lidojack

Messi was 16 when he made his debut for Barca b and c who both play league football. And he played for Barca at 17.

Become a regular in the side when he was 19.

Liam Cullen on 22:25 - Oct 10 with 1367 viewsjackforlife

Liam Cullen on 12:31 - Oct 10 by C_jack

Become a regular in the side when he was 19.

You didn't mention becoming a regular? He was 17 when he got in the barca team.

On what do you base your argument ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024