Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans? 19:50 - Oct 15 with 1627 viewsOsbourne

Seems like Judy, of 'Richard and Judy' fame has upset people by what she said on 'Loose Women' TV show. It's in all the papers' today, calling for her head! Although, the programme's producer is standing up for her, saying that the programme encourages debate, and that is what Judy has stimulated.

I'm not sure exactly what she said, but apparently the debate is if Sheffield United should sign him again or not. If they do not, could Karl be interested? A bit of a Nile Ranger, Karl could get him on the cheap!

I guess that his fitness could be poor as well?
My opinion, well if Sheffield United don't sign him, somebody will.
Ched Evans? on 13:57 - Oct 16 with 1560 viewsTangerineTom

I would take him. You don't associate a convicted footballers crimes with the clubs he joins, when he leaves, he'll move along with his reputation.
Ched Evans? on 23:28 - Oct 16 with 1528 viewsTwoPhillips

Ched Evans? on 13:57 - Oct 16 by TangerineTom

I would take him. You don't associate a convicted footballers crimes with the clubs he joins, when he leaves, he'll move along with his reputation.

Tough one for me this. After we got Nile Ranger it was interesting how the club was portrayed and regarded by fans and even though he had never committed a crime, football fans have made their minds up about him. I wouldn't have welcomed Diouf and with team spirit and cohesion coming together I don't think Evans and his baggage is what our club needs. It's a no from me.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Ched Evans? on 01:26 - Oct 17 with 1525 viewsTangerineTom

Ched Evans? on 23:28 - Oct 16 by TwoPhillips

Tough one for me this. After we got Nile Ranger it was interesting how the club was portrayed and regarded by fans and even though he had never committed a crime, football fans have made their minds up about him. I wouldn't have welcomed Diouf and with team spirit and cohesion coming together I don't think Evans and his baggage is what our club needs. It's a no from me.

He doesn't seem like a natural 'bad boy' IMO twophillips, Ranger hasn't really suffered from his mistakes, Ched now has probably the worst tag a man can have and had to endure 2 and a half years in prison. I can't see him bringing any personal baggage. Plus he's an excellent striker which is what we need.
Ched Evans? on 03:30 - Oct 17 with 1521 viewsseasider13

Ched Evans? on 01:26 - Oct 17 by TangerineTom

He doesn't seem like a natural 'bad boy' IMO twophillips, Ranger hasn't really suffered from his mistakes, Ched now has probably the worst tag a man can have and had to endure 2 and a half years in prison. I can't see him bringing any personal baggage. Plus he's an excellent striker which is what we need.

I would sign him,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Ched Evans? on 08:26 - Oct 17 with 1510 viewsCurryman

Ched Evans? on 03:30 - Oct 17 by seasider13

I would sign him,

I didn't realise that Sheffield United has so many fans and feel that people are signing the petition without being aware of all the facts.

He is a convicted rapist and will suffer with that reputation for the rest of his life, whether that's fair or not it's not for me to say. However, to take away a man's livelehood is beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned. Where would this lunacy stop?

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Ched Evans? on 13:12 - Oct 17 with 1498 viewsceecyder

Ched Evans? on 08:26 - Oct 17 by Curryman

I didn't realise that Sheffield United has so many fans and feel that people are signing the petition without being aware of all the facts.

He is a convicted rapist and will suffer with that reputation for the rest of his life, whether that's fair or not it's not for me to say. However, to take away a man's livelehood is beyond the pale as far as I'm concerned. Where would this lunacy stop?

I think we should sign him, if available.
Yes, he has committed a vile offence; however he has now served his time and should be allowed the freedom to move on.
Apparently he is not a serial offender, nor a particularly violent one (although rape is obviously violent in its nature).
Give him the chance to prove he is rehabilitated.
Ched Evans? on 17:22 - Oct 19 with 1441 viewsOsbourne

Ched Evans? on 13:12 - Oct 17 by ceecyder

I think we should sign him, if available.
Yes, he has committed a vile offence; however he has now served his time and should be allowed the freedom to move on.
Apparently he is not a serial offender, nor a particularly violent one (although rape is obviously violent in its nature).
Give him the chance to prove he is rehabilitated.

On the other board the Ched Evans thread has been removed?

What had they been saying?

I have read up a little about all this now and it appears uncertain if Sheffield United are going to resign him or not. Is Nick Clegg the MP for the Sheffield area? He has advised the football club not to resign him as it would set a bad example to the youngsters of today.

My view is still, although he is a proven goal scorer, I suspect that his fitness will be very questionable for quite some time.
Ched Evans? on 20:59 - Oct 19 with 1424 viewsribble

Ched Evans? on 13:57 - Oct 16 by TangerineTom

Whereas I would not exactly welcome him with open arms, it has to be said that part of the prison regime is about rehabilitation and returning to society as an ex-offender. He has the right to earn a living and to demonstrate to those who rightly put him away that he has learnt from his incarceration. That is not to belittle the horrific nature of his crime in any way.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:13]
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans? on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 1420 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Ched Evans? on 20:59 - Oct 19 by ribble

Whereas I would not exactly welcome him with open arms, it has to be said that part of the prison regime is about rehabilitation and returning to society as an ex-offender. He has the right to earn a living and to demonstrate to those who rightly put him away that he has learnt from his incarceration. That is not to belittle the horrific nature of his crime in any way.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:13]

Couldn't agree more. The man has to make a life and a living ; why the hell shouldn't he do something he's good at? His football career will be over soon enough anyway.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ched Evans? on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 1408 viewsArchibaldKnox

Ched Evans? on 21:06 - Oct 19 by basilrobbiereborn

Couldn't agree more. The man has to make a life and a living ; why the hell shouldn't he do something he's good at? His football career will be over soon enough anyway.

Heavens above. Everyone gets all hot under the collar about a few vile chants... and then blithely support introducing a convicted rapist into the community, and an unrepentant one at that. I am all for rehabilitation but he has got to set that process in train himself. I suppose all will be more clear after the next of his appeals against the conviction.
Ched Evans? on 21:22 - Oct 19 with 1399 viewsribble

Ched Evans? on 21:16 - Oct 19 by ArchibaldKnox

Heavens above. Everyone gets all hot under the collar about a few vile chants... and then blithely support introducing a convicted rapist into the community, and an unrepentant one at that. I am all for rehabilitation but he has got to set that process in train himself. I suppose all will be more clear after the next of his appeals against the conviction.

Getting a little precious are we, Archie?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:23]
Ched Evans? on 21:35 - Oct 19 with 1385 viewsArchibaldKnox

Ched Evans? on 21:22 - Oct 19 by ribble

Getting a little precious are we, Archie?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:23]

Yes, that's right. After all, rape is not that serious is it?
Ched Evans? on 21:45 - Oct 19 with 1371 viewsstill8pne

I doubt he was actually guilty but his morals are despicable. That said we could do with him in our team. I don't care if its the Devil himself any good players are welcome.
Ched Evans? on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 1371 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Ched Evans? on 21:35 - Oct 19 by ArchibaldKnox

I don't think I said that. But I've always thought the point of prison was to rehabilitate as well as to punish. He has more chance of the former if he is in work, and football is what he's good at. Don't give me me any of this role model nonsense either. He is playing sport at the third tier, not running the NHS.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Ched Evans? on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 1371 viewsribble

Ched Evans? on 21:35 - Oct 19 by ArchibaldKnox

Well, at least that answers my question, Archie.

Shall I stick 3 winky things in next time? You obviously managed to miss the one on its own.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:51]
Ched Evans? on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 1358 viewsArchibaldKnox

Ched Evans? on 21:47 - Oct 19 by ribble

Well, at least that answers my question, Archie.

Shall I stick 3 winky things in next time? You obviously managed to miss the one on its own.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2014 21:51]

What role model nonsense are you talking about? Footballers aren't role models in my world. Scientists are.
Ched Evans? on 16:22 - Oct 20 with 1286 viewsBlade01

Ched Evans? on 21:51 - Oct 19 by ArchibaldKnox

What role model nonsense are you talking about? Footballers aren't role models in my world. Scientists are.

I love how The Sun, that last bastion of morality is getting it's knickers in a twist.

Should he carry on with his career? Yes, I'd just rather it was somewhere else to be perfectly honest.

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Ched Evans? on 19:34 - Oct 20 with 1240 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Ched Evans? on 16:22 - Oct 20 by Blade01

I love how The Sun, that last bastion of morality is getting it's knickers in a twist.

Should he carry on with his career? Yes, I'd just rather it was somewhere else to be perfectly honest.

What do we all think about the Plymouth goalkeeper then? Of course one thing that you can never prove with rape unless it is somehow filmed is whether there was consent or not whereas there is no doubt the Plymouth keeper killed two lads with his actions. For me, it is actually worse that he has got his career back on track than if Evans did.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Ched Evans? on 23:33 - Oct 20 with 1209 viewsArchibaldKnox

Ched Evans? on 19:34 - Oct 20 by Happy_Satsuma

What do we all think about the Plymouth goalkeeper then? Of course one thing that you can never prove with rape unless it is somehow filmed is whether there was consent or not whereas there is no doubt the Plymouth keeper killed two lads with his actions. For me, it is actually worse that he has got his career back on track than if Evans did.

Luke McCormick (Plymouth goalkeeper) killed Arron Peak (age 10) and Ben Peak (age 8) on the M6 at Keele at 5:45am on 6th June 2008. Their father, Philip Peak, was very badly injured. His spinal injuries were so severe that he will never recover. McCormick was driving a Range Rover at 97 mph and fell asleep at the wheel, while twice the drink-driving alcohol limit having had less than 2 hours sleep the previous night. McCormick was jailed for 7 years 4 months but served less than 4 years inside.

In May 2013, McCormick rejoined Plymouth and in July 2014 was made club captain...
McCormick said " I’m hungrier than I’ve ever been. I feel like I have got a point to prove, which I didn’t necessarily have as much last time I was here. I owe this club for giving me the chance and I’ve got a lot to repay the fans for, and I’m determined to make this a success."

Amanda and Philip Peak were unable to have any more children due to Amanda's emergency hysterectomy after Ben's birth. They have adopted a 4 year old girl, named Angel, and are in the process of rebuilding their lives.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2014 23:35]
Ched Evans? on 13:29 - Oct 23 with 1146 viewsOsbourne

Ched Evans? on 16:22 - Oct 20 by Blade01

I listened to the Video Message on the other Ched Evans Thread on this site.

Does one read into this that Sheffield United are not necessarily going to re-sign him?

Still no-one is mentioning his fitness level. How long would it take a 25? year old male, who has not been training for two and a half years, to regain match fitness?

I have also noted Nick Clegg's comments who I think is MP in the Sheffield area?
The point from a football point of view is still, if Sheffield United do not re-sign him, then someone else is going to.
This is a debatable subject. I'm not sure were my own view is to be frank. Concerning the post of Blade01.
1. A user name of Blade? Do you mean, one doesn't want him at The Blades or Pool?
2. I too have noted the high moral stance The Sun newspaper is taking on this.
3. Is Nick Clegg correct to be airing his personal view.
4. Those are just a few thoughts
All I am saying is, how many goals have Pool scored this season? Could he not be out to prove a point? Is a man not hungry after two and a half years?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024