Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positives? 20:00 - Oct 25 with 1245 viewsterminallytangerine

Well there weren't many from the game.

Our build up play is too slow, we don't have the pace to get round the back of the defence and when it looks like the opposition defence would open up like the red sea if we only ran at them we try to pass wide. Ranger looked like a footballer but was only on for half the match. Clarke and Perkins have plenty of heart but need strong players arund them. While ultimately the buck for this must stop with the chairman - a disastrous pre-season, players not brought in before the deadline and no sign of quality loans - the players we have signed do not fill me with confidence. Cubero looks an excellent buy when he plays but this has been so rarely he seems like a luxury. Miller is under-performing.

Must the manager also take some responsibility for our current plight? Jose has so far led a charmed life because he tries to play football and because he is perceived as someone who has stood up to the owners but is he the manager for the long term rebuilding of the club we are crying out for? Both the Oystons and the manager need to show a bit more humility for bad decisions made and resolve to work closely together IMHO. ( Is the skilful but lightweight Oriel really a better option than Tom Barkhuizen, for example? Is our midfield better or worse without Dobbie, a player who has seen better days but would have signed for us? Is Rentmeister better than McGahey? ) I won't bother listing the chairman's missed opportunities as these have already been well documented.

Proud of our support today though. Still respectable numbers despite our position and more united than at the last away game. And apart from the football and rather soulless location, a visit to Reading with its dvd of Blackpool goals, cheerful stewards and sales staff bedecked in away colours is an object lesson in the treatment of away fans from which we could learn a lot.

I don't think we'll be back at Reading next season though unless there are some pretty dramatic changes of heart behind the scenes at BR or drastic changes of personnel before it is too too late.

Positives? on 20:07 - Oct 25 with 1236 viewsPNENIL

Pretty good assessment of the current situation tt.
Well done and respect to everyone who went today
Positives? on 20:13 - Oct 25 with 1221 viewscrewcut

Birmingham City 0-8 Bournemouth.

At least we haven't sunk that low.
Positives? on 20:27 - Oct 25 with 1196 viewsSadallover

Positives? on 20:13 - Oct 25 by crewcut

Birmingham City 0-8 Bournemouth.

At least we haven't sunk that low.

Nice to read a report from someone who was there rather than a keyboard warrior who's sat in front of his computer all afternoon!
Positives? on 21:32 - Oct 25 with 1180 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Positives? on 20:27 - Oct 25 by Sadallover

Nice to read a report from someone who was there rather than a keyboard warrior who's sat in front of his computer all afternoon!

Indeed.

Good to meet you today TT, I'm sorry we didn't exchange first names, daft of me. I'll PM you.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Positives? on 21:38 - Oct 25 with 1171 viewsterminallytangerine

Positives? on 21:32 - Oct 25 by basilrobbiereborn

Indeed.

Good to meet you today TT, I'm sorry we didn't exchange first names, daft of me. I'll PM you.

Glad finally to put a face to a name. Good to meet you BRB.
Positives? on 10:20 - Oct 26 with 1126 viewswespens

Positives? on 21:38 - Oct 25 by terminallytangerine

Glad finally to put a face to a name. Good to meet you BRB.

TT - my mate went to watch Shrewsbury yesterday as an away fan and said Bobby Grant was excellent - again are any of the players he's brought in any better?

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024