Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga 19:39 - Nov 5 with 14371 viewsBFCSupportersTrust

Representatives of the BST committee have been invited by Chris Nathanial to meet with Jose Riga to discuss the background to his departure from BFC.

The meeting is expected to take place in the next 7 days. The venue and timing of the meeting cannot at this stage be confirmed.

As we have been invited to meet with Jose as representatives of all BFC fans we would like to collate a list of questions that any fan ( whether BST member or not ) might wish to submit to us and shortlist those we deem the most suitable to put to Jose. Of course it must be appreciated we cannot guarantee that each and every question submitted will be asked as we will need to vet the questions and don’t at this stage know how much time we will be allowed.

Following the meeting BST will publish a full transcript of the discussions that take place on our website and circulate this on social media.

Any questions must be submitted to secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.org by 5pm Sunday 9th November 2014. Questions posed on social media only will not be short listed so do please email them to us.

We look forward to receiving your submissions.

Up the Pool.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:38 - Nov 7 with 1381 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:34 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

"But is Karl afforded this same balanced approach. Nope.....not a chance."

Karl is often not afforded a balanced approach by some people, no. There are reasons for that, which I'm sure you're fully aware of! Personally, my approach to this whole situation is quite balanced. I have weighed up the arguments in favour of and in defence of the Oyston family, and have come to the conclusion that I utterly, bitterly despise them.

My point is, I don't think the fact that lots of people despise Karl Oyston is a reason to essentially dismiss José Riga as though he was some sort of con-artist. Let's hear what comes out of the meeting.

'My point is, I don't think the fact that lots of people despise Karl Oyston is a reason to essentially dismiss José Riga'

i don't think that has happened at all, infact I think the opposite is true.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:41 - Nov 7 with 1376 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:38 - Nov 7 by Lala

'My point is, I don't think the fact that lots of people despise Karl Oyston is a reason to essentially dismiss José Riga'

i don't think that has happened at all, infact I think the opposite is true.

I didn't mean dismiss him as in Karl Oyston dismissing him from his post as BFC manager, I meant dismiss his him as in dismiss his means of reply (i.e this meeting). "Tittle-tattle", as I think one particularly bigoted and ignorant poster put it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:44]
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:54 - Nov 7 with 1361 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:41 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

I didn't mean dismiss him as in Karl Oyston dismissing him from his post as BFC manager, I meant dismiss his him as in dismiss his means of reply (i.e this meeting). "Tittle-tattle", as I think one particularly bigoted and ignorant poster put it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 12:44]

daveclayt

To be honest I will listen to what he has to say, but if the questions he is asked are all so one sided then I think he will be left looking less credible.

It seems to me we have signed one or two decent loanees in the one week Clark has been at the helm....Riga needs to be interrogated on these issues as well, and for the benefit of the club why did he not go out scouting talent in the British League's ??

If every question is loaded ' why do you think Karl is such a **** ( make your own mind up)....then it's an irrelevant excersise. If he sheds light on the issues both sides then fair do's....but I'm inclined to think that is not the intention here and he will use the situation just to play the part of the victim, without taking any reasonable responsibily for his share in the charade.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:19 - Nov 7 with 1337 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 12:54 - Nov 7 by Lala

daveclayt

To be honest I will listen to what he has to say, but if the questions he is asked are all so one sided then I think he will be left looking less credible.

It seems to me we have signed one or two decent loanees in the one week Clark has been at the helm....Riga needs to be interrogated on these issues as well, and for the benefit of the club why did he not go out scouting talent in the British League's ??

If every question is loaded ' why do you think Karl is such a **** ( make your own mind up)....then it's an irrelevant excersise. If he sheds light on the issues both sides then fair do's....but I'm inclined to think that is not the intention here and he will use the situation just to play the part of the victim, without taking any reasonable responsibily for his share in the charade.

"If every question is loaded ' why do you think Karl is such a **** ( make your own mind up)....then it's an irrelevant excersise. If he sheds light on the issues both sides then fair do's....but I'm inclined to think that is not the intention here and he will use the situation just to play the part of the victim, without taking any reasonable responsibily for his share in the charade."

I imagine that BST will do all they can not to allow it to descend into a one-sided KO-slanging fest. I think if they keep it balanced and let the facts speak for themselves, then they're onto a winner as the Oystons' actions throughout have been indefensible, whatever Riga's part in it all. This meeting has the potential to be a smoke-and-mirror-free insight into some aspects of the club. Which is more than we've had before in the Oyston "era".
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:24 - Nov 7 with 1330 viewsseasider13

We should wait until after the meeting has taken place, all this bickering before Riga has said a word is a bit pointless imo.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:31 - Nov 7 with 1325 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:24 - Nov 7 by seasider13

We should wait until after the meeting has taken place, all this bickering before Riga has said a word is a bit pointless imo.

Agreed.

Good luck with the meeting guys.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:37 - Nov 7 with 1320 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:31 - Nov 7 by KhonKaenSeasider

Agreed.

Good luck with the meeting guys.

'whatever Riga's part in it all'

But Riga's part in it is relevant, you're negating it already, which is exactly my point !!

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:54 - Nov 7 with 1299 viewsOldSkool

A few people on this thread have very short memories and will forgive Koko yet again.
With blinkered fans like these, it is no wonder the club is being allowed spiral rapidly downwards.

Most have seen the light and deserted in their droves.
The remainder will get the club they deserve.

Bravo Riga
Login to get fewer ads

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:04 - Nov 7 with 1293 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:37 - Nov 7 by Lala

But Riga's part in it is relevant, you're negating it already, which is exactly my point !!

I don't agree that I am!

Of course Riga's part in the whole story is relevant to the meeting and the discussions about this particular episode.

My point was that, Riga's behaviour apart, the Oystons have still acted extremely poorly and are still clearly under-investing in the club where it matters. Do I need to put a linky to the league table? Cos I'll do it...
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:10 - Nov 7 with 1288 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:04 - Nov 7 by daveclayt

I don't agree that I am!

Of course Riga's part in the whole story is relevant to the meeting and the discussions about this particular episode.

My point was that, Riga's behaviour apart, the Oystons have still acted extremely poorly and are still clearly under-investing in the club where it matters. Do I need to put a linky to the league table? Cos I'll do it...

Who has commented on the Oyston's behaviour on this thread in a positive fashion - no-one I can see.

'Do I need to put a linky to the league table? Cos I'll do it...'

hey, get you

....whilst you're posting it just remember who our manager was for most of this season....
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:11]

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:13 - Nov 7 with 1283 viewsjanegallagher

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:41 - Nov 6 by ArchibaldKnox

What a display of closed minds there are here. You should welcome any direct insight into the way our club is run. Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance. Tittle-tattle it is NOT. It may be the closest we have ever come to gaining understanding of the mindset of our owners. Most other departing managers have been gagged. It is worth hearing both sides. If your opinions are stated as being unmoveable from the outset then, frankly, that is the purest definition of a zealot I know of. Bloody perverse, I call it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:42]

You know what Archie, thought Riga had a bit more class

We’ve got Simon Sadler

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:15 - Nov 7 with 1279 viewsTangerinePeteFY8

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 13:37 - Nov 7 by Lala

BRR/LaLa .....

What harm can it possibly do, in the scheme of things ?

Our club is dying before our very eyes.

KO gets to spout his propaganda every Tuesday in the Gazette without anyone having the chance to pick him up on it.

If we get an insight into how his recently appointed (& heavily researched !!!) managerial choice, reflects on his working relationship with KO, why would this be an issue.

Given the professional way he handled himself at BFC, I doubt Jose would think slagging KO out of some kind of weird revenge mission, would be a good idea.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:18 - Nov 7 with 1273 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:10 - Nov 7 by Lala

Who has commented on the Oyston's behaviour on this thread in a positive fashion - no-one I can see.

'Do I need to put a linky to the league table? Cos I'll do it...'

hey, get you

....whilst you're posting it just remember who our manager was for most of this season....
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:11]

This is exhausting... You're taking individual sentences out of my posts and arguing with them, completely out of context. Not worth my time.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:19 - Nov 7 with 1271 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:15 - Nov 7 by TangerinePeteFY8

BRR/LaLa .....

What harm can it possibly do, in the scheme of things ?

Our club is dying before our very eyes.

KO gets to spout his propaganda every Tuesday in the Gazette without anyone having the chance to pick him up on it.

If we get an insight into how his recently appointed (& heavily researched !!!) managerial choice, reflects on his working relationship with KO, why would this be an issue.

Given the professional way he handled himself at BFC, I doubt Jose would think slagging KO out of some kind of weird revenge mission, would be a good idea.

Pete

I think it may take us backwards as a club, to stir up old negativity. That time has gone, Clark and KO have a different relationship and we need to focus on that. That's my opinion, I can't see the constructive good in it, not for the club.

Each to their own though eh...

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:44 - Nov 7 with 1247 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:19 - Nov 7 by Lala

Pete

I think it may take us backwards as a club, to stir up old negativity. That time has gone, Clark and KO have a different relationship and we need to focus on that. That's my opinion, I can't see the constructive good in it, not for the club.

daveclayt

What is out of context about ....

' do you want me to post a link of the league tables, cos I will'

what other context can there be ????

You're right though, probably not worth your time

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:54 - Nov 7 with 1236 viewsLytham_FY8

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 21:53 - Nov 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I'm with brassedoff - it's just tittle-tattle gathering for the sake of it. A waste of everyone's time, that won't move opinions one iota.

Bazzle, I'm suprised you can still type with your head so far in the sand.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 14:54]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:54 - Nov 7 with 1235 viewsdaveclayt

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:44 - Nov 7 by Lala

daveclayt

What is out of context about ....

' do you want me to post a link of the league tables, cos I will'

what other context can there be ????

You're right though, probably not worth your time

It's ok, I knew what I meant. I imagine most other people reading did too. I'm not going to let it get to me too much.
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:04 - Nov 7 with 1221 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Lala have you put your questions in then ?

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:06 - Nov 7 with 1217 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:04 - Nov 7 by TwelveAngryMen

Lala have you put your questions in then ?

TAM

Do I have to be a BST member ? If not I will put some in for sure...

daveclayt

'I'm not going to let it get to me too much. ' I should certainly hope not !!
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 15:07]

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:06 - Nov 7 with 1215 viewsseasider13

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 14:19 - Nov 7 by Lala

Pete

Lala,

I am neither pro or anti Oyston mainly because as a Blackpool supporter i haven't the foggiest of what goes on behind the scenes at Bloomfield Road.

But i cannot help in thinking that this Riga meeting might shed some light on a situation that has led to a train wreck of a season.

We are changing managers far too often, these letters from our Latvian President do not inspire confidence, if the fault is with the Oyston regime lets get it out there and not sweep it under the carpet.

Anyhow, lets wait and see what comes from this meeting, it might be the mother of all damp squids,and all this hand wringing will be for nought.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 15:18]

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:15 - Nov 7 with 1205 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Whilst you are welcome to join Lala no you don't - see the OP
WE want this to be a balanced a set of questions as possible
In any event we didn't feel it right to exclude non-BST members just because Riga's agent had invited us to represent BFC fans at this meeting

#footballfirst

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:19 - Nov 7 with 1199 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:15 - Nov 7 by TwelveAngryMen

Whilst you are welcome to join Lala no you don't - see the OP
WE want this to be a balanced a set of questions as possible
In any event we didn't feel it right to exclude non-BST members just because Riga's agent had invited us to represent BFC fans at this meeting

Thanks TAM - am on it

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:40 - Nov 7 with 1186 viewsFrankel

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 23:41 - Nov 6 by ArchibaldKnox

What a display of closed minds there are here. You should welcome any direct insight into the way our club is run. Listen to what is said by Mr Riga and THEN make your mind up as to its accuracy and relevance. Tittle-tattle it is NOT. It may be the closest we have ever come to gaining understanding of the mindset of our owners. Most other departing managers have been gagged. It is worth hearing both sides. If your opinions are stated as being unmoveable from the outset then, frankly, that is the purest definition of a zealot I know of. Bloody perverse, I call it.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2014 13:42]

Consider yourself silenced.

Go moan about it on the other place.

This post has been edited by an administrator
BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:47 - Nov 7 with 1178 viewsLala

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:40 - Nov 7 by Frankel

Consider yourself silenced.

Go moan about it on the other place.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Always nice to have a constructive well thought through non offensive post to read Frankel.

I have not had a dig at BST at all, and would not, so again you are incorrect. I have respect for BST. I have questioned Riga for suggesting this meeting, I question his motives, and still do, I do not question BST's motives.

'the same old apologists look the buffoons they are'

nice - I wouldn't like to see you banned despite what you think, that would be like taking candy from a baby..................fill your boots pal....

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:57 - Nov 7 with 1163 viewsWizaard

BST Arrange Meeting with Jose Riga on 15:47 - Nov 7 by Lala

Always nice to have a constructive well thought through non offensive post to read Frankel.

I have not had a dig at BST at all, and would not, so again you are incorrect. I have respect for BST. I have questioned Riga for suggesting this meeting, I question his motives, and still do, I do not question BST's motives.

'the same old apologists look the buffoons they are'

nice - I wouldn't like to see you banned despite what you think, that would be like taking candy from a baby..................fill your boots pal....

As a member of BST I have submitted a number of questions, some of which will no doubt be duplicated in their essence by others.

We all want to know why, for example, Riga didn't get in the players he wanted. I've heard it from Karl at a BSA meeting. I'd be interested in hearing the other viewpoint before I leap to any conclusion.

I'm sure the BST reps will ensure that any questions are kept to a standard you'd expect from their public pronouncements. As such, I don't expect it to be a charade aimed at hanging Oyston out to dry with leading questions.

Until it happens there's no point in speculation around the possible answers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024