Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
having seen these revelations by JR... 23:13 - Nov 11 with 2275 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest, as they don't really tell us anything new.

He does sketch over why his first list was not accepted, doesn't he? And the interviews are a bit Mills and Boon - "his dignity shines through', for Christ's sake. They'll be going on about his husky drawl next.

I don't doubt that he met some real difficulties, and I don't doubt that our chairman has been very pig-headed along the way. But this is is pretty feeble, considering what some people were expecting. And not a word about why his style and player selection was met with suspicion. That seems a bit odd, to me. You'd expect a phrase or two about the other side of the argument as well, but perhaps that is for another day. And no mention of the Blessed Agent either. From The Mail in particular, that seems strange, because their Blackpool Correspondent should know better.

Not very good stuff, seemingly written by journalists who'd already decided what they wanted to write. To be honest, it moves us almost no further on, and really all of us need and deserve better. A missed opportunity, and a bit unfortunate for those people who worked hard to create it. They deserve better as well.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2014 23:30]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

having seen these revelations by JR... on 00:01 - Nov 12 with 2220 viewsOldSkool

What is revealing is that Riga says it wasnt him that released McGahey, despite Koko telling us that it was.

History tells us who we should believe
having seen these revelations by JR... on 00:07 - Nov 12 with 2208 viewsterminallytangerine

having seen these revelations by JR... on 00:01 - Nov 12 by OldSkool

What is revealing is that Riga says it wasnt him that released McGahey, despite Koko telling us that it was.

History tells us who we should believe

Oops posted similar on another thread before reading this.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 01:19 - Nov 12 with 2180 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

The best (or possibly worst!) analogy I can come up with is that some shits sink without trace, never to be seen again, and some float for all to see. We are certainly getting more and more floaters these days and I suspect the diet isn't going to change any time soon

You are quite correct that all the supporters of this fine club deserve and need much much better than the total incompetence and unprofessionalism being shown from the very top.

Going to take a lot of flushes to clear it away.

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

having seen these revelations by JR... on 01:48 - Nov 12 with 2171 viewsArchibaldKnox

There is plenty in that for someone with enough subtlety to read between the lines of the comments. But yes, I was hoping for a rather unsubtle boot in the goolies from Mr Riga. Just to leave no doubt, you understand. Not his style, it seems.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 1:50]
having seen these revelations by JR... on 02:26 - Nov 12 with 2161 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

Have you ever thought of script writing for comedy shows.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 07:25 - Nov 12 with 2109 viewsTejas

I don't agree with the negative response to this interview. Riga talks of working under the worst possible circumstances and so identifies Nationally what most of us suspect. That Oyston makes it virtually impossible for most managers to succeed due to his control of both decisions and finances. This was never going to be a finger waving contest, that's Oyston's style not Riga's, despite the expectations of some, but it's more than any other outgoing manager has given so well done to all. Does it move us on? If it strengthens the resolve to search for new owners and rid ourselves of the current ones - yes.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 07:28 - Nov 12 with 2108 viewspooljimbo

having seen these revelations by JR... on 02:26 - Nov 12 by West_Stand_Ultra

Have you ever thought of script writing for comedy shows.

Robbie has it spot on, it is rather disappointing and nothing we don't already know. Although the McGahey part is interesting.

Bit of a let down for BST who had to travel to London for what they thought would be a massive coup with a few exclusives, but ended up getting the watered down version like the rest of them give.

One thing is for certain, Karly boy does seem to tie them up well with his contracts.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

having seen these revelations by JR... on 07:58 - Nov 12 with 2084 viewsPlumbs

I bet BST know a lot more but contractually JR cant be seen to be spilling the beans. At least though he isnt being accused of being a posturing media whore,as that involves taking the sizzling Seasiders to the PL and beating the likes of Liverpool at Anfield.

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

Login to get fewer ads

having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:00 - Nov 12 with 2081 viewstangerinemoss

having seen these revelations by JR... on 07:28 - Nov 12 by pooljimbo

Robbie has it spot on, it is rather disappointing and nothing we don't already know. Although the McGahey part is interesting.

Bit of a let down for BST who had to travel to London for what they thought would be a massive coup with a few exclusives, but ended up getting the watered down version like the rest of them give.

One thing is for certain, Karly boy does seem to tie them up well with his contracts.

BRB is again following his own agenda, ignoring what is actually in the interview. JR skates very carefully on the thin ice of Oyston's litigation threats, and there is at least one new nugget, re McGahey, that is the opposite of what the chairman has said.

He accepts that the training ground was not a major problem, though not good enough, but his comments about first, second, third and fourth choices is surely damning, when it is this very same chairman who has only just appointed him. And, as we all know, stating the Chairman deals with all the finances is true, so all the Swiss Bank account stuff is a smear.

And the most telling point of all is that JR is saying the same things as the last 5 managers, or are they all wrong, too? The evidence is overwhelming, the problem is the Chairman, not any of the last umpteen managers.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:12 - Nov 12 with 2070 viewscrewcut

Unless you pay big money to an agent for a well baited and anticipated interview such as this, then you will be fed scraps. You will not get something for nothing in the shark infested world of modern day football.

I wish BST well in their venture to bring sanity back to our great club but surely Tim and his lieutenants didn't expect any real revelations from this meeting. Karl will have Riga under wraps as regards blubbing to all and sundry.

Rigas agent set this whole charade up and had ulterior motives for doing so I would suggest. Like the advancement and relaunching of his charges career after such a car crash on the Fylde. The maxim being any publicity is better than no publicity.

The heavy ammunition required for the battle to come had already left the arsenal.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:53 - Nov 12 with 2031 viewsDavid53

having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:12 - Nov 12 by crewcut

Unless you pay big money to an agent for a well baited and anticipated interview such as this, then you will be fed scraps. You will not get something for nothing in the shark infested world of modern day football.

I wish BST well in their venture to bring sanity back to our great club but surely Tim and his lieutenants didn't expect any real revelations from this meeting. Karl will have Riga under wraps as regards blubbing to all and sundry.

Rigas agent set this whole charade up and had ulterior motives for doing so I would suggest. Like the advancement and relaunching of his charges career after such a car crash on the Fylde. The maxim being any publicity is better than no publicity.

The heavy ammunition required for the battle to come had already left the arsenal.

There is a lot of "It would appear that......It seems that........It is clear that......" in this report. Much of it smacks of BST interpretation rather than a transcript of what JR actually said. As for the Swiss Bank issue, in his BBC Sport statement on 14th September 2014, KO states that foreign targets were put forward by JR, but faltered when the club refused sanction money being paid into Swiss Bank accounts, nor wages being paid into Greek banks. He made it clear that JR was not party to financial negotiations. JR also confirms that financial matters were left to others in his interview. He does not rubbish the Swiss Bank claim, but merely states that he was not involved in the process and would not be aware of demands. I don't see where the interview can be judged to prove that the Swiss bank allegations were a smear.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:57 - Nov 12 with 2026 views20togo

having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:00 - Nov 12 by tangerinemoss

BRB is again following his own agenda, ignoring what is actually in the interview. JR skates very carefully on the thin ice of Oyston's litigation threats, and there is at least one new nugget, re McGahey, that is the opposite of what the chairman has said.

He accepts that the training ground was not a major problem, though not good enough, but his comments about first, second, third and fourth choices is surely damning, when it is this very same chairman who has only just appointed him. And, as we all know, stating the Chairman deals with all the finances is true, so all the Swiss Bank account stuff is a smear.

And the most telling point of all is that JR is saying the same things as the last 5 managers, or are they all wrong, too? The evidence is overwhelming, the problem is the Chairman, not any of the last umpteen managers.

moss

I fail to understand how "the most telling point" is something we already knew.

I'm afraid that until some-one is going to go that extra mile with regards to exposing what we all believe to be wrong at our club then the status quo remains.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:27 - Nov 12 with 1969 viewsstraightatthewall

having seen these revelations by JR... on 08:57 - Nov 12 by 20togo

moss

I fail to understand how "the most telling point" is something we already knew.

I'm afraid that until some-one is going to go that extra mile with regards to exposing what we all believe to be wrong at our club then the status quo remains.

Does this site need traffic so much that Robbie will continue to post things like this?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:34 - Nov 12 with 1962 viewstde74

I thought you of all people, SATW, would appreciate a good argument.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:41 - Nov 12 with 1949 viewsMephistopheles

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:27 - Nov 12 by straightatthewall

Does this site need traffic so much that Robbie will continue to post things like this?

SATW you're not suggesting bazroberto is playing at the pantomime villain to generate extra clicks are you!?!?

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:50 - Nov 12 with 1938 viewsthebigone

I can see why KO liked Riga - certainly talks a good game - end of the day our Chairman is looking to do football on the cheap and any manager with any knowledge of the game knows at this level this is not possible.

Poll: After the articles - Who do you blame?

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:56 - Nov 12 with 1934 viewsMr_Brightside

The only thing that continues to come out is the common denominator of Karl Oyston - surely everyone can see now he is the problem and not the countless managers who have been screwed by him!

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

having seen these revelations by JR... on 11:46 - Nov 12 with 1905 viewsBigbrother

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:56 - Nov 12 by Mr_Brightside

The only thing that continues to come out is the common denominator of Karl Oyston - surely everyone can see now he is the problem and not the countless managers who have been screwed by him!

I think Robbie deliberately prods some fans in to shock and horror but I tend to agree that I was kind of hoping for more - was he holding back or was there nothing else to say?

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

having seen these revelations by JR... on 11:47 - Nov 12 with 1900 viewsstraightatthewall

having seen these revelations by JR... on 10:56 - Nov 12 by Mr_Brightside

TDE,

Mr Brightside sums up my thoughts.

Robbie's essentially created a post that says 'we've learnt nothing and we don't really know who was to blame for the situation in the summer.'

My view would be that if he REALLY doesn't know now, then he never will and as such, I don't really see why he's posted what he has other than to be provocative.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

having seen these revelations by JR... on 12:57 - Nov 12 with 1844 viewsThe_Ghost

having seen these revelations by JR... on 11:47 - Nov 12 by straightatthewall

TDE,

Mr Brightside sums up my thoughts.

Robbie's essentially created a post that says 'we've learnt nothing and we don't really know who was to blame for the situation in the summer.'

My view would be that if he REALLY doesn't know now, then he never will and as such, I don't really see why he's posted what he has other than to be provocative.

"I don't doubt that he met some real difficulties, and I don't doubt that our chairman has been very pig-headed along the way"

This line was conveniently ignored by those looking for Pro Oyston evidence. He's dangled some bait, but he clearly knows who is to blame.

That said, Riga should have known what he was getting himself into. Just like Appleton, Ince and Ferguson.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 19:05 - Nov 12 with 1733 viewsArchibaldKnox

having seen these revelations by JR... on 12:57 - Nov 12 by The_Ghost

"I don't doubt that he met some real difficulties, and I don't doubt that our chairman has been very pig-headed along the way"

This line was conveniently ignored by those looking for Pro Oyston evidence. He's dangled some bait, but he clearly knows who is to blame.

That said, Riga should have known what he was getting himself into. Just like Appleton, Ince and Ferguson.

It would be jolly good if someone published, say, an arbitrary list of about 50 players, implying an order of desirability, on a web site associated with Chris Nathaniel of NVA.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 19:09]
having seen these revelations by JR... on 19:18 - Nov 12 with 1711 viewsoriginal_insider

having seen these revelations by JR... on 19:05 - Nov 12 by ArchibaldKnox

It would be jolly good if someone published, say, an arbitrary list of about 50 players, implying an order of desirability, on a web site associated with Chris Nathaniel of NVA.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 19:09]

Well Robbie you haven't persuaded me. Back to t'other site.
having seen these revelations by JR... on 21:06 - Nov 13 with 1561 viewsTang67

having seen these revelations by JR... on 19:18 - Nov 12 by original_insider

Well Robbie you haven't persuaded me. Back to t'other site.

Thought provocation Robbie and I am sure you enjoy the sport
To an extent a lot of what was said just confirms what many of us believed was the case
Pretty brave to come out and speak
Would love for Ollie to come out and do a similar job on KO
Robbie appears to be a reasonably intelligent fella but this thing with KO does smack of I've boxed myself into a corner on this issue but damned if I am going to hold my hands up
Robbie the evidence and anecdotes are compelling the chairman is a crook and not to be trusted
My own theory is that he will bale out and take the millions with him
To be honest if we go down in such a manner his position is completely untenable - IMO it already is
League 1,gates of 4.5 K , further downgrade of the team but there will be no nasty protests as mist of the protesters will have fxxxed off .

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

having seen these revelations by JR... on 23:08 - Nov 13 with 1529 viewsCashCow

having seen these revelations by JR... on 21:06 - Nov 13 by Tang67

Thought provocation Robbie and I am sure you enjoy the sport
To an extent a lot of what was said just confirms what many of us believed was the case
Pretty brave to come out and speak
Would love for Ollie to come out and do a similar job on KO
Robbie appears to be a reasonably intelligent fella but this thing with KO does smack of I've boxed myself into a corner on this issue but damned if I am going to hold my hands up
Robbie the evidence and anecdotes are compelling the chairman is a crook and not to be trusted
My own theory is that he will bale out and take the millions with him
To be honest if we go down in such a manner his position is completely untenable - IMO it already is
League 1,gates of 4.5 K , further downgrade of the team but there will be no nasty protests as mist of the protesters will have fxxxed off .

Tanj - with regards the protestors f**king off, it has gone through my mind that if he runs the club down the dissenters will go and then he'll be left with the 5k happy clappy mob and he'll just sit back and hope for another JPT final success?!
having seen these revelations by JR... on 12:48 - Nov 19 with 1398 viewsLala

having seen these revelations by JR... on 23:08 - Nov 13 by CashCow

Tanj - with regards the protestors f**king off, it has gone through my mind that if he runs the club down the dissenters will go and then he'll be left with the 5k happy clappy mob and he'll just sit back and hope for another JPT final success?!

The interview revealed nothing at all, and I believe if he could have caused more ructions he would have done, if only to make himself look like a better future management prospect.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024