Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today 20:12 - Dec 6 with 1365 viewsSouthStandSeasider

Whilst I can't say I'm any more confident that we'll stay up, I am a little more confident that we'll at least be able to give it a go.

In truth it wasn't a great game at all. The first half in particular was pretty uninspiring. Could have been a couple of goals down. Second half was better. Pleasing that after we scored we continued to look relatively strong, rather than retreat into shells as we have done on the (very few) other occasions we've been winning this year. Making all 3 substitutions by 65 minutes was slightly unnerving, but I think Clark was trying to maintain the pressure we were putting them under by throwing on fresh legs.

Excellent performances from O'Hara, Perkins and Davies. DP in particular today looked like a very competent footballer, rather than the terrier scurrying round the pitch that we've become used to seeing.

Not going to get overexcited but a win is a win no matter how scruffy. Back off to Poulton tonight for a few celebratory bevvies. A small step in the right direction, key now is to extend this unbeaten run for as long as we can and make sure we're in touch with the pack come New Year.
Today on 20:29 - Dec 6 with 1341 viewsterminallytangerine

Thought Nathan Delphounso had moments when he looked like a good footballer today.

(Edit: good not goof.)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 20:31]
Today on 20:36 - Dec 6 with 1334 viewsWizaard

Today on 20:29 - Dec 6 by terminallytangerine

Thought Nathan Delphounso had moments when he looked like a good footballer today.

(Edit: good not goof.)
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 20:31]

Agree with both posts. I thought we played the better football, rode our luck slightly in the first half, but were stronger second and deserved to nick it.

Can't recall Lewis making a save of any note. Murphy and Eagles both struggled in the first half, but the former got better as the game went on. The shot from halfway showed that maybe confidence is building on the back of not losing in three. Oh for back to back wins. Roll on Saturday and Charlton.
Today on 20:54 - Dec 6 with 1313 viewschesterbfc

Today on 20:36 - Dec 6 by Wizaard

Agree with both posts. I thought we played the better football, rode our luck slightly in the first half, but were stronger second and deserved to nick it.

Can't recall Lewis making a save of any note. Murphy and Eagles both struggled in the first half, but the former got better as the game went on. The shot from halfway showed that maybe confidence is building on the back of not losing in three. Oh for back to back wins. Roll on Saturday and Charlton.

I thought it was an awful game but a great result. Davis proved with his 2nd goal of the season you have to be in the box to score,take note Mr Miller. However O Keefe?,instead of Daniels !!didnt get it. When McM came on I crossed every bone in my body. Still onwards and upwards UTP
Today on 21:18 - Dec 6 with 1288 viewsterminallytangerine

Today on 20:54 - Dec 6 by chesterbfc

I thought it was an awful game but a great result. Davis proved with his 2nd goal of the season you have to be in the box to score,take note Mr Miller. However O Keefe?,instead of Daniels !!didnt get it. When McM came on I crossed every bone in my body. Still onwards and upwards UTP

Well we certainly didn't cruise to victory at the end but the referee clearly had this down as a draw on his coupon so was doing everything to penalise us after we scored.

I must admit to feeling a bit worried when Crusher McMahon came on but he certainly didn't deserve to be booed and played his part in a deserved three points.

Edit: Three points not three pouts!
Must be the late night in the Thatched.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 21:19]
Today on 21:38 - Dec 6 with 1270 viewsWizaard

Today on 21:18 - Dec 6 by terminallytangerine

Well we certainly didn't cruise to victory at the end but the referee clearly had this down as a draw on his coupon so was doing everything to penalise us after we scored.

I must admit to feeling a bit worried when Crusher McMahon came on but he certainly didn't deserve to be booed and played his part in a deserved three points.

Edit: Three points not three pouts!
Must be the late night in the Thatched.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2014 21:19]

I thought O'Keeffe did well in a holding midfield role. Put in plenty of challenges, pressed and passed sensibly. Basically the type of shift our midfield hasn't done all season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024