Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not that it matters much now. 15:40 - Dec 7 with 2124 viewsloughor_jack

For their third goal, has anybody noticed that as the ball was kicked out fron the West Ham goal, Carroll was offside? The only replay that shows it is from behind our goal. All the others seem to show him well onside but he was well off.

Not that it matters much now. on 15:43 - Dec 7 with 2091 viewsGeoffThom

The only thing that matters is that it was simple route one football which your back line couldn't handle especially ash and jazz
Not that it matters much now. on 15:50 - Dec 7 with 2027 viewsmagicdaps10

Carroll was offside 100%. Should deal with it better but in the rules of the game he was offside so in theory should not have had the issue to deal with the decision.

Last year when we got done by the dubious last minute penalty at home to Stoke, Crouch was offside from their goal kick all the time. Every time I appealed only to be told by two in the know men in and around 60yrs old that you cant be offside from a goal kick.....................which of course you can be.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Not that it matters much now. on 15:52 - Dec 7 with 2001 viewscanhecatchit

No m8 you can;t I scored many a goal from a goal kick during my time playing.
Only way you can be off side is if it is touched by one of your own players when you are in an off side position other than the keeper. Ball is being returned into play. Same as a throw in or a corner, you cannot be offside
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:57]

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Not that it matters much now. on 15:55 - Dec 7 with 1975 viewsmagicdaps10

Not that it matters much now. on 15:52 - Dec 7 by canhecatchit

No m8 you can;t I scored many a goal from a goal kick during my time playing.
Only way you can be off side is if it is touched by one of your own players when you are in an off side position other than the keeper. Ball is being returned into play. Same as a throw in or a corner, you cannot be offside
[Post edited 7 Dec 2014 15:57]

I stand corrected with my foot in my mouth.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Not that it matters much now. on 15:58 - Dec 7 with 1946 viewsloughor_jack

I also stand corrected. I should have known better:-

"You can't be offside if:
You receive the ball directly from a goal kick, a throw-in or a corner".

Not that it matters much now. on 16:00 - Dec 7 with 1928 viewsLe_Swans

If it's direct you can't be offside from a goal kick, corner or throw in, it's when there's a flick on that people get pulled for being off side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024