Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The end of Jonny Foreigner? 09:28 - Dec 9 with 2010 viewsWronga

Am just thinking about whether Riga will have put both Lee Clark and Karl Oyston off bringing in foreign players in the future. We've always had some problems - Grandin to name but one - but I think this recent experience will dissuade both manager and Chairman in the future. Is that such a bad thing for a club like Blackpool. Fine for the Watford's of this world who are 10 mins from the bright lights of London but when our lights only come on for 2 months of the year is it best to buy British?

Poll: Graham Westley or Neil McDonald

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 09:31 - Dec 9 with 2005 viewsKOSBowlCut

I think if Cubero starts playing to his potential, we sign him for another year and KO gets offered a big fat fee to sell him in May then that might be a determining factor.

That said, Lee Clark does seem the sort who would vote UKIP

Poll: Would you play Nile Ranger from the start against Reading?

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 12:02 - Dec 9 with 1968 viewsterminallytangerine

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 09:31 - Dec 9 by KOSBowlCut

I think if Cubero starts playing to his potential, we sign him for another year and KO gets offered a big fat fee to sell him in May then that might be a determining factor.

That said, Lee Clark does seem the sort who would vote UKIP

I don't think the last line is a nice thing to say about anyone.
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 12:51 - Dec 9 with 1948 viewsMiko

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 12:02 - Dec 9 by terminallytangerine

I don't think the last line is a nice thing to say about anyone.

The reason LC isn't over keen on 'Jonny Foreigner' types at BFC is that "they are not up for the fight". Those words came straight from Lee's mouth when I asked him about the twins prior to the Bolton game. He also used the words "too lightweight" when referring to the twins.

Our conversation went on a while and I gathered he wasn't really interested in anybody who had never experienced Championship football or hadn't been involved in a typically English bottom of the table scrap for survival. He is after battlers and people who understand the English game and what it means to most supporters.......... and 'Jonny Foreigner' (or the majority of ones our club has) does not fit in that category.
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 13:30 - Dec 9 with 1936 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 12:51 - Dec 9 by Miko

The reason LC isn't over keen on 'Jonny Foreigner' types at BFC is that "they are not up for the fight". Those words came straight from Lee's mouth when I asked him about the twins prior to the Bolton game. He also used the words "too lightweight" when referring to the twins.

Our conversation went on a while and I gathered he wasn't really interested in anybody who had never experienced Championship football or hadn't been involved in a typically English bottom of the table scrap for survival. He is after battlers and people who understand the English game and what it means to most supporters.......... and 'Jonny Foreigner' (or the majority of ones our club has) does not fit in that category.

Foreign managers in the Championship haven't achieved many promotions. The style of foreign players is more technically refined but perhaps less effective when scrapping for points is the order of the day.
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 16:53 - Dec 9 with 1897 viewschesterbfc

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 13:30 - Dec 9 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Foreign managers in the Championship haven't achieved many promotions. The style of foreign players is more technically refined but perhaps less effective when scrapping for points is the order of the day.

Our club should never consider a foreign coach again until possibly our third Champions League Cup appearance. I,m not biased but I could offer our National team as a prime example. of Jonnys who c"cked it up. I think Lee will be good for our club long term. We may have to swallow this season.
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 20:33 - Dec 10 with 1746 viewsclarkestattoo

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 16:53 - Dec 9 by chesterbfc

Our club should never consider a foreign coach again until possibly our third Champions League Cup appearance. I,m not biased but I could offer our National team as a prime example. of Jonnys who c"cked it up. I think Lee will be good for our club long term. We may have to swallow this season.

Well this Legear chap hasn't lasted long and the list of Clark knock backs all have a European feel to them - don't wish to appear Xenophobic but it's the right way forward.

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 06:19 - Dec 11 with 1721 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 20:33 - Dec 10 by clarkestattoo

Well this Legear chap hasn't lasted long and the list of Clark knock backs all have a European feel to them - don't wish to appear Xenophobic but it's the right way forward.

Shame he didn't live up to his billing. It goes to show even though a player recently had Champions League experience, it doesn't necessarily make him a world beater at this level a year or too later. Mind you, Kirk Broadfoot already showed us that!
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:06 - Dec 12 with 1647 viewsLala

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 06:19 - Dec 11 by BigHandsOliverKahn

Shame he didn't live up to his billing. It goes to show even though a player recently had Champions League experience, it doesn't necessarily make him a world beater at this level a year or too later. Mind you, Kirk Broadfoot already showed us that!

' but when our lights only come on for 2 months of the year is it best to buy British?'

Great line...

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Login to get fewer ads

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:19 - Dec 21 with 1504 viewsBigbrother

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:06 - Dec 12 by Lala

' but when our lights only come on for 2 months of the year is it best to buy British?'

Great line...

Bet he'll open Cubero with open arms when he's fit .. ooh Cubero, Lundstram, Perkins, McMahon or O'Keefe .. choices, choices, choices!!

Poll: Who is King Rat in the Oyston Family

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:25 - Dec 21 with 1494 viewsOdinsRaven

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:19 - Dec 21 by Bigbrother

Bet he'll open Cubero with open arms when he's fit .. ooh Cubero, Lundstram, Perkins, McMahon or O'Keefe .. choices, choices, choices!!

Cubero won't be back...
The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:29 - Dec 21 with 1490 viewsHodderSeasider

The end of Jonny Foreigner? on 18:25 - Dec 21 by OdinsRaven

Cubero won't be back...

Rentmeister was far superior to O'Dea, when actually given a game at centre half and I would love to see Legear play, just to compare him to Eagles, who in my opinion still has a lot to prove!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024