Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread 00:22 - Feb 1 with 36832 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 15:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Feb 1 with 2014 viewsDanielswan

The only good thing .. its still 0-0

to those slating Shelvey, he is trying to open up the play.

Dyer has been terrible, doing nothing whatsoever ... Barrow is horrid .... wtf did we give him a 4 year contract for?

We do look like a league 2 side ...

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Feb 1 with 2013 viewscontroversial_jack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:28 - Feb 1 by Zut_Alors

Tom C would be a good signing. Hope we can get him in the summer.

I didn't realise he was playing
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 2007 viewsswan65split

Can someone in the crowd please shout to Dyer and tell him the games started!!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 2006 viewsZut_Alors

Not a bad half. Saints are fantastic at home, and their fullbacks are brilliant.

Pleased to see Barrow and Jay F doing well in their defensive duties. I'd give Jonjo 15 mins to pick up the workrate or give young Matt Grimes a chance.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:51 - Feb 1 with 1979 viewsOldjack

We're half way there

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1970 viewsIslander

shelvey not offering anything - looks lost and disinterested. His work rate compared to Siggy is woeful. Massive hole in the AM space. An embarrassment
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1970 viewsswanduck

We got to half time without conceding! Give some credit to our defence and let's hope the team come out and give a heroic second half performance!

This match is still ours for the taking COYS
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1968 viewslibertine

we seem to be having a good go here ,,

maybe jonjo should have a can of redbull as his energy levels aren't up to much, hes not going for the ball unless it comes straight to him,

fulton carrol naughton are ok
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1966 viewsblaine_scfc

I have no idea why Shelvey is getting so much stick about that half. Clueless
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 with 1958 viewsjackonicko

0-0 was the best we could hope for from that half.

Naughton looks okay, particularly after the loss of Emnes so early.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 1 with 1938 viewsMusical_Swan

Fulton doing ok, but staying too deep when we have possesion. Every time we have the ball he's in line with our back four.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Feb 1 with 1926 viewsBloodyhills

It's a miracle we made it to half time without conceding. I long for the day when we pass the ball around again and bother closing down and tackling the players on the opposing team.

Hoping we can do something in the 2nd half.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Feb 1 with 1870 viewsNeath_Jack

There was no poor individual performances from anyone that half. We need to slow it down, get the ball on the deck and pass it about a bit. You can tell we are low on confidence.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:54 - Feb 1 with 1850 viewsswanduck

Hoping we can have a reverse of the home fixture and nick a last minute goal
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 1847 viewsWitneyjack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:50 - Feb 1 by Neath_Jack

You do realise he is playing AM right?

Shelvey has chased around more today than he has any other game for us.

Yes but that doesn't make it right for him to leave his man run into acres of space!! That's why Ash was rollicking him!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 1838 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 by blaine_scfc

Innit, laughable mun.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 1830 viewsZut_Alors

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 by blaine_scfc

Look at the room that Steven Davis has coming from midfield. With Tom C and Jay F so far back, he has to cover the Saints midfielders coming from deep. On the ball, he's been fine, but his tracking is Sunday league standard.

Gylfi used to get stick for his defensive rate and he has improved 10x. There's no reason Jonjo can't do the same.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 16:56]
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Feb 1 with 1810 viewsazjack

A helpful translation in advance of GM post game summary:
"We controlled the first half" = They didn't score.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1779 viewssnork44

Fulton has been excellent,but we need to be in their faces more. If we can get a draw today that will set us up for the Sunderland game

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1778 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:45 - Feb 1 by LeonisGod

Nope, the approach is 'working' so far. Just bl00dy awful to watch.

It's pretty dispiriting to see a Swansea team set up like this, but it's worked so far, and if we get something out of this game it'll be hailed as a 'perfect away performance' etc.

Just grim watching it at the moment as you feel if they were to step it up a notch we'd have no answer.

2 banks of 4 defending the 18 yard line from the first minute. We don't want the ball, and don't care when we lose it. If it happens to come our way, fine, we'll have ago on the counter attack. It can be an effective way of playing, it's just...not what we've been used to.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1769 viewsNOTRAC

What this game proves so far ,it's a lot easier to defend if you don't venture outside your own half.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:56 - Feb 1 with 1767 viewsNeath_Jack

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:55 - Feb 1 by Witneyjack

Yes but that doesn't make it right for him to leave his man run into acres of space!! That's why Ash was rollicking him!

By using exclamation marks doesn't back up your point.

Shelvey is an easy target for some, or many as it seems.

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Feb 1 with 1756 viewsswanduck

The mood on here even if we did win this I reckon most of you miserable buggers would be moaning!!
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Feb 1 with 1747 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Feb 1 by LeonisGod

They all are. This could be the dullest, least ambitious 0-0 in history, but a point here would be a massive result for us.

Can't see us holding out for another 45. Early goal and it will be f*cking carnage again.
The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Feb 1 with 1727 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Southampton v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 16:52 - Feb 1 by jackonicko

0-0 was the best we could hope for from that half.

Naughton looks okay, particularly after the loss of Emnes so early.

Emnes is not much of a loss defensively.

Pleased it's 0-0, not sure why people are moaning - it would be nice to retain possession more, but I'd be more than happy with the same in the 2nd half, no matter how boring.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024