Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Too Late but we look better than we did 17:21 - Apr 4 with 1337 viewsSTHolder

Just looking at the side today it does look better than what we've had for much of the season. Not saying we'd have stayed up but Clark is currently working with only one striker (Telford was never the answer) and that's why we're not closing games out. Other than Forest which was just a freak, we've not take our chances when we have had them.

We've never got the defence right and are operating without a right back and so to keep it down to one when you've got the likes of Heskey and Le Fondre on the pitch is a positive. Today should be looked at as another friendly game where the result is largely unimportant.

17 shots on goal albeit 3 on target is better than most home games and we almost had 50/50 possession. Just be interesting to see if we can keep hold of some of these players who are making us look a bit better at the end of the season.
Too Late but we look better than we did on 17:37 - Apr 4 with 1320 viewsWindyMiller

We finally have players who can perform at this level in the side. Clark made some fundamental mistakes when he started. For a start he was too quick to dispatch of Riga's players. Should have kept the Oriol's and a few others until he had found replacements. Then he brought in too many and played them straight away. You can't have a fragmented side and keep filling the gaps. No continuity and no settled side and he seemed to rely on favourites who just weren't up to the job. Finally when he had one good result with the kids he then relied on them way too much. I'd also add he should have given Daniels and Murphy a fine and not got rid of them as they were two of our better players.

I do think Clark has done better in the last half dozen games which does give me at least some hope for next season.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024